Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Voter apparently dies; revives to make sure he voted

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 85 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:27:43 PM PST
Self-defense goes an even longer way than telling the teacher IMHO. It worked out great for me my freshman year.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:27:55 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Oh, for sure. But I remember that environment. Doing the right thing makes you a target. It's much safer to stand on the sidelines and laugh with everyone else. Speaking up as a person who has made himself a target in such a way. I don't regret my decision, but I understand why others don't.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:33:51 PM PST
You know what I find weird? Let's say a girl says that she like Transformers, society accepts it, but if a guy says that he likes My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, then society does not, and the Brony gets judged.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:34:34 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 6, 2012 3:37:55 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:35:06 PM PST
I don't think it's anywhere as extreme as tht, but that's gender roles for ya.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:35:54 PM PST
How did he take the wrong side???? Read his comment again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:37:02 PM PST
Yeah. I will celebrate when the day comes that guys liking girly things is accepted as not being weird.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:37:48 PM PST
Well, he did laugh with the everyone else, but then again, he sees that it is wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:40:23 PM PST
No, he said he made himself a target.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:46:04 PM PST
Did not see that. /)?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:47:58 PM PST
Reminds me when I was in middle school and was picked on. I always went and told my mom, who in turn would go and talk to the principal, so it was confidential.

Don't give up Star. Keep your chin up!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:56:42 PM PST
(\

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 3:58:12 PM PST
Just think of it as a rite of passage. Most of us were bullied in some form(s) or another. Just keep it in your mind that many of those who are the aggressors are doing it because they are overcompensating for something and trying to be 'popular' by doing what they think they should be doing. When I was in elem school and middle school, I got some serious stuff done to me by people who nowadays are struggling to live paycheck to paycheck. Karma is good on occasions. Just live for the day when you can exorcise your ghosts(this day has a title, it's called your 10 year reunion) to show the true strength of your character.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 4:12:46 PM PST
I know this is screwed up, but back when I was in school I was only allowed to fight back if I was attacked (that was my pop's rule). However, I was physically strong enough that people wouldn't try to beat me up. Instead, they would do stuff like wreck my stuff and do other subversive crap behind my back (I was an arrogant piece of crap, so I guess I sort of had it coming, lol). Even though I had "moral high ground" and I turned out well and all, I still wish I would have beaten some justice into those weasels. Even more than that, though, I regret not coming down on the bullies who DID beat up on kids I knew.

School is a strange place. I have a feeling that if more good kids started throwing punches it may actually improve the experience. If I ever have a kid, that's what I'm going to pass on.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:13:31 PM PST
HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Only the "nerds" make a ton of money anyways.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:21:31 PM PST
I wouldn't count out mega athletes like Lebron James and Kobe Bryant, but yeah, nerds pretty much rule the world.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:42:00 PM PST
Kobe Bryant is an old fart. I know this because he was born on the exact same day as me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:43:45 PM PST
I mean as far as making money. Even though Kobe is old, he makes serious money.

You old fart! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:48:53 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 6, 2012 7:26:09 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 6:23:06 PM PST
I wonder if people even see this. Without nerds, no technology.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:18:39 PM PST
Yeah, jocks get losers like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Dwayne Johnson while we get the cool ones like Michio Kaku and Nikola Tesla. We obviously win in this fight.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:26:45 PM PST
Narcolepsy > Democracy

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:53:41 PM PST
Wow that is not very nice. Maybe he voted Romney that is why his life was spared.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:55:39 PM PST
jesus was a democrat.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:06:09 AM PST
I was mean to some of the meeker kids. One day, I realized I was just compensating for a lack of charm with the ladies. It helped when somebody punched me in the face for throwing a snowball at his girlfriend. I'm a total peacenik, now, and everything, but I can't argue that violence doesn't work, you know? I mean, up to a point.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Why do people complain about open world games but continue to hype and play them? 2 6 minutes ago
Anybody Else Dislike The New Amazon Video Game Pages? 10 8 minutes ago
Gamestop offering 50% extra trade in credit this weekend on games and accessories 4 9 minutes ago
The Battle Of 2016 Exclusives, PS4 23 vs Xboned 3 4 14 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3566 22 minutes ago
Steam sale: Whadya bouyin'? 63 25 minutes ago
OT: Britain says "I'm out....So wish me luck." to the EU 312 26 minutes ago
OT: What Are You Listening To-2016 Version! 1293 1 hour ago
2-Years of Playstation Plus $65! 33 2 hours ago
PSN flash sale incoming today 75 2 hours ago
OT: I upgraded from iPhone to Galaxy and I'm so glad I did 93 2 hours ago
Rumor: Activision bringing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron to PS4 according to Taiwan ratings board 3 5 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  85
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions