Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Supreme Court to hear two gay marriage cases next year

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 527 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:51:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 1:52:00 PM PST
Lucanus says:
I actually agree completely. I think each state should put the issue on the ballot and let the people decide. End of story. Personally I think most states would pass it. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:51:50 PM PST
Sounds like a great way to get gay marriage banned!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:53:58 PM PST
Nightmare says:
I think most northern states would make it legal, most southern states would ban it, and the west would be a mixed bag.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:55:09 PM PST
Minnesota was the first state to defeat the constitutional amendment. I guess it depends on the people/Steve ratio that comes out to vote.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:56:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 1:57:24 PM PST
Lucanus says:
I agree, but gays have the right to chose were to live, if they don't like their state they can move. I think letting the states decide policy creates competition between states, which is good for the people. If state A is better ran than state B, state B will have to change/adjust to prevent a mass exodus. If gay marriage went to the ballot, I think at least 50% of states would pass it. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:57:24 PM PST
Soulshine says:
Good outcome. Split the country in 'twain! Homo to the north, hetero to the south, brother fighting brother, for the right to determine if butt sechs is the grodiest!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:58:22 PM PST
Lucanus says:
Why would people have to fight over it? Some states have income tax, some don't, that isn't an issue. I look forward to your thoughts. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:58:30 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
I don't know about 50%, but I think a good number will allow it. Before, the issue of gay marriage was doomed to die at the ballots every time. Then, with this last election, every state that put the issue to a popular vote ended up allowing it. Times are changing!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:59:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 2:00:17 PM PST
Lucanus says:
Really? You don't think may states would pass it overnight? :)

Garion, exactly my point. People are becoming fine with gay marriage, so let them decide. As more states allow, they other states will soon cave and follow suit. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:59:22 PM PST
Looks like 31 states have voted to put constitutional amendments in to ban gay marriage, and 2 states have defeated them (I was wrong), Arizona and Minnesota. 50% is a LOOONG way off.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 2:02:03 PM PST
Lucanus says:
50% might be too high, but 30% sounds reasonable. I think states should have more power over policy, not just with gay rights either, but in general. The federal government doesn't have to decide everything. I wish people got to vote more on the issues, instead of letting federal morons decide. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 2:02:07 PM PST
Soulshine says:
Because families will need to split up. Gay dudes gotta relocate to live happily, then resent that his straighties (straight besties) can't come along. So Big Gay Al's Big Gay Army forms to the North, and winter is coming.

Winter is coming.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 2:02:12 PM PST
Nightmare says:
The country is split as far as opinion goes already. At least make it to where people can live where the laws most closely align with their personal views, and people would be generally happier.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 2:03:06 PM PST
Soulshine says:
Prove it.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 2:04:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 2:05:17 PM PST
Lucanus says:
Personally I think if states had more power, liberal states would be much better places to live and everybody would move, forcing conservative states to change with the times. I really do. Perhaps I am too glass half full on this subject? I mean states that offered me freedom of choice and had nice social support would get my preference. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 2:04:21 PM PST
Nightmare says:
Prove what? That popular opinion is already divided, or that people would be happier?

They both seem self-evident to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 2:05:28 PM PST
Soulshine says:
Prove that people will be happier. People are never happy.

They're the worst.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 2:06:38 PM PST
Soulshine says:
I for one think that this idea of gay states and no-gay states is a lovely idea.

We can build a wall!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 2:12:53 PM PST
Nightmare says:
They would at least be happier in this one sense. Being able to live in a state that more closely resembles your own views would be the equivalent of having a government that is actually similar to your personal views. Everybody is happier when the government is going their way, from my experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 2:17:02 PM PST
Soulshine says:
If "your own views" revolve around the concept of equality making you feel uneasy then you could also just live in a different country.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 2:25:56 PM PST
Nightmare says:
Or, instead of being antagonistic against people that don't have the same views as you, allow the fact that there are people with differing views in this country and that they have a right to live here just like you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 2:30:26 PM PST
Soulshine says:
Yeah, I get it now. It's like they'll be separate, but equal. That'll work!

And if we can't build that wall fast enough we can have them wear badges so we ALL know who's gay married. And they can have camps! Fabulous camps with colors and music and fun.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 2:35:37 PM PST
This thread is still active? Holt shi...wait, wrong thread.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 2:38:36 PM PST
Nightmare says:
So, basically if anybody disagrees with you, they must be utterly evil?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 2:40:58 PM PST
Soulshine says:
Sorry bud, not my job to tolerate the intolerant.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  49
Total posts:  527
Initial post:  Dec 7, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions