Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 527 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 2:41:16 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2012 9:47:56 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 2:43:01 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2012 9:48:08 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 2:45:31 PM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
Why the heck did no one answer my question as to why family members shouldn't be able to marry? You so called progressive liberals are nothing but a bunch of incestaphobes I tells ya.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 2:45:47 PM PST
Nightmare says:
No problem. Something tells me that you are intolerant of things that other people tolerate, so it goes both ways.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 2:48:48 PM PST
Soulshine says:
Yes!

I am intolerant of people that tolerate segregation, inequality, things like that. No sir, I cannot abide it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 2:58:14 PM PST
Nightmare says:
How do you feel about polygamy?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 3:08:50 PM PST
Exactly.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 3:10:28 PM PST
So do you think whether or not women should be allowed to vote be up to the states? We are one country Nightmare.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 3:37:25 PM PST
No one wants to take away womans' or blacks or any other minority right to vote.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 3:56:50 PM PST
But do you think it should be up to the states to decide?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 4:25:10 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
If the same rights were granted to women to marry as many men as they want as to men to marry as many women? Or same sex, what ever? I have no issues with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 4:41:27 PM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Have fun rewriting estate laws, family law, child support laws, custody laws, etc., etc., etc. then, lol. Polygamy would be quite the legal sticky wicket... But it sure sounds easy ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 5:31:33 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2012 9:48:27 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 6:18:32 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 13, 2012 7:26:14 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 6:22:51 PM PST
I didn't even know where to start...

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 7:25:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 7:25:46 PM PST
Supreme Court to decide if bachelors should be single.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 7:29:16 PM PST
Considering how marriage used to be for reasons other than "love," I'm pretty sure that the word has been changed quite a bit already.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 9:02:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 9:06:57 PM PST
Nightmare says:
We are one country, but we are one country founded on the principal that states have the right to make their own laws. That's what the 9th and 10th Amendments are all about. As the Federalist Papers made quite clear, the Federal Governments powers are few and limited, while the States' powers are infinite and undefined.

But in this particular case, an Amendment has been passed giving the right to vote to women, so it's not up to the states at this point. The states--the people of the states, to be more specific--have voted in an Amendment per the Amendment procedures in the Constitution, so it is perfectly legal. But anything that is not specifically reserved to the Federal Government is in the power of the States to decide. That's how our government is set up.

"But do you think it should be up to the states to decide?"

Why would you have a problem with it if it was up to the states?

"If the same rights were granted to women to marry as many men as they want as to men to marry as many women? Or same sex, what ever? I have no issues with it."

Interesting. I've never heard anyone but certain religions believe that polygamy is morally justified.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 9:29:34 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
The Federal government also has implied powers. The point of Amendments was/is to allow for changes to the Constitution. Also, Marbury v. Madison set the precedent for Judicial Review. The Constitution was vague on MANY things. Most notably slavery, as the Framers knew that the South would never ratify it....

Anyway, the purpose of the Federal Government is to help end any inequalities caused by the states, hence we are a federal system where the federal level is supreme. The South would not have enacted any sort of reform unless the Supreme Court and the feds began to force them to (albeit slowly). The Court found a state law to be unconstitutional.....

As for Gay Marriage: Some courts said that it was legal for gays to marry. Now many state legislatures are doing so, as are Referendums (See WA State). The Court may decide that it is a violation of civil rights by not allowing gays to marry. But some states are not making any headway, and that is where the courts enter and it ultimately ends up at the SC.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 9:51:58 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2012 9:48:45 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 10:00:31 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
I just wonder why so many people on this forum are obsessed with this topic or ones similar to it. This topic has popped up a lot in the last 6 months, a little too much for a video game forum. I guess now that the election is over and people can't go on about that endlessly, they have to go back to the old standby, gay marriage. Well at least Steve is happy. I think he'd rather talk about cultural and political topics than video games because I see him in these threads more than video game ones.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 10:09:42 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2012 9:49:01 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 10:16:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 10:20:53 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
You always get rather defensive about it when I bring up your obsession with these types threads. Just admit that you would rather talk about this nonsense than video games. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just that this is a video game forum, not politics, religion or cultural issues. You're certainly not the only one who does it, but it does get pretty old seeing these threads over and over again on these forums, especially when they get hundreds, or sometimes even thousands of responses, while other on topic threads die after 2 or 3 dozen posts, and most of the time you're the one keeping these ones alive. You attract arguments on this stuff like a light attracts moths.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 10:16:58 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
It is all the fault of the gays and the commies, I tell ya!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 10:20:03 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
Gays and commies is why we can't have free DLC!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  49
Total posts:  527
Initial post:  Dec 7, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions