Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 77 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 21, 2012 1:22:20 AM PST
Iri says:
Mario Kart Snes and Halo 2. Cod 4 as well before all the damn hackers :/

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:09:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 5:11:41 PM PST
K Archer says:
For competitive shooter MP, I'd have to go with Unreal Tournament (2004 especially); loved Assault, Deathmatch and Onslaught, and played a lot of CTF too.
MAG was also tons of fun; put 1500 hours into it. Nothing like commanding 31-127 other players, getting them to follow you and getting a major victory. Also nothing like soloing the enemy's bunkers and AAA when they think they've got you red-lined, then holding their letters for the next ten minutes and winning. Too bad you can't play anymore.
I currently love playing Starhawk; not the biggest fan of its CTF due to the Warhawk players thinking its TDM, but am very good at Zones (my clan's specialty), DM (even on my bad days I can still do extremely well in DM), Assault (only on some maps and loadouts, though...try playing on Fracture with Hawks...its absolutely hilarious, but I'm not spoiling the fun here) and Gatekeeper (have a couple haters that will try to run down the clock when I'm on the other team so I can't score all the points LOL)

Co-op...Borderlands (2 currently, but 1 was still great). Just...yeah, nothing really compares right now. Awesome co-op.

And I can't say no to Age of Empires, Starcraft and Warcraft 3. Played a lot of LAN games of all three. And have to say...Zerg FTW.

EDIT: Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Journey all get nods for their unique MP, but to me its more a "unique" and "interesting" thing rather than a really good MP thing; I prefer to talk to the people I'm playing with (yes, even enemies, which is why I push proxy chat whenever I can). Not that they're bad (games are awesome), I just prefer the other MP on my list.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 4:45:59 PM PST
Joel H. says:
Why do you think you're playing less mp now?

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 4:45:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 4:46:19 PM PST
Benpachi says:
I really liked Killzone 3, warzone is awesome. Halo 4 is pretty great too. Still, nothing better than playing Mario Kart or a fighting game locally...and Goldeneye.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 4:40:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 4:40:17 PM PST
new Tron says:
My favorite multiplayer games ever were the first two SOCOM games on PS2. I spent more time with those, and had more fun with those games than I ever have with any other multiplayer game. I don't play much competitive multiplayer these days. Of all the ones I've played, I probably like Team Fortress 2 the best.

I never played any online multiplayer co-op before this gen. I'd say that Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, and Dungeon Defenders are my favorites.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 3:16:34 PM PST
shiftless says:
+1. BC2 is one of the few competitive games that I've enjoyed. I'm horrible at most MP, get killed constantly in RDR, but BC2 was the first MP I tried that really pushed the teamwork aspect.

If we're including co-op, I would go with Portal 2.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 3:01:20 PM PST
quinten488 says:
Bad Company 2 - I have put almost 600 hours in this game. My most played game ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 2:50:08 PM PST
Meth Panther says:
Left 4 Dead 2 has awesome mp

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 2:47:42 PM PST
Arkham City has my favorite multiplayer though! You're crazy!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 2:40:04 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
Batman Arkham City sucks and it does not multiplayer it only has leaderboards.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 2:37:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 2:52:08 PM PST
I don't think any multiplayer experience beats Arkham City. That is the best game ever. I'm pretty sure you agree, don't you?

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 2:34:52 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
I would have to say Halo Reach because it is really fun especially Grifball.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 2:49:43 AM PST
but if you talk only shooterwise, i would say non has such a good mp as call of duty seriies. black ops 2 included.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 2:30:48 AM PST
definetly dark souls and demon souls, if you play honest not hacked game, with a real mp (where the people u meet a strangers you never met before) and the internet connection is ok.....

also black ops 2 is pretty decent

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 2:24:43 AM PST
Technosapien says:
Uncharted 3. Best MP ever.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 2:15:16 AM PST
I love Uncharted 3, halo 4, Super Smash Bros.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 12:37:48 AM PST
Left 4 Dead 1/2, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and as of recently Max Payne 3.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 11:27:03 PM PST
Nicos says:
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Sitting down with three other people and then proceeding to (try) and take down some G-Rank Rathalos or Akantors... man. Amazing times. I tried playing it ad hoc over the PS3 a couple of times, but it was just not the same experience at all. We had a dedicated group of people that would play it every day at lunch.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:33:36 AM PST
Coffee says:
Throw my hat in for Goldeneye 64. As much as I love online multiplayer and the convenience of having a screen all to myself, sometimes the local stuff is far more satisfying.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:31:08 AM PST
I liked Journey and it's multiplayer was interesting, but at the same time, annoying as hell on the trophy department. I still don't have any of the trophies that require multiplayer because I can't communicate with anyone.

Journey is an amazing game no doubt. As it's it's multiplayer, but the trophies attached to it bothered me.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:49:11 AM PST
Been to and won a couple of Gear of war 3 tournaments. Winning money and playing your favorite game is a great multiplayer experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:34:40 AM PST
Yeah - FP was a lot quicker and seemed cohesive? But it is ok for a free game.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 11:49:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 11:49:43 AM PST
Voice of god says:
Can't believe no one's said Journey yet. Probably the smartest design choice for an online experience I've ever seen. No mics. No griefing. Just enough ability to communicate and just enough incentive to work together.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 11:46:13 AM PST
Prankster says:
Also, Counterstrike for me.

Loved that game. We used to go to the hub every day after school would get over and sit there playing as a group for hours!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:41:55 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:34:02 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  77
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions