Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

My thoughts on Day Z

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 18, 2012 7:22:26 PM PST
P-Nasty says:
So I have been running Day Z with a group of friends lately. The game and overall concept is great, but the players are what make the game suck.

Server admins and their cronies hoard all of the good weapons and vehicles and get their kicks by relentlessly killing noobish players. I was reading about the game online and everyone warned that it has gone down hill and not to play it. Now I know they weren't just whining. How is it fun to grind for hours only to have some loser in a ghillie suit snipe you from across the map?

I understand the PvP and I actually like it sometimes, but shooting everyone on sight makes the game really boring IMO.

What is everyone's opinion on the game?

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:30:15 PM PST
P-Nasty says:
Oh and the excessive hacking...

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 3:50:25 PM PST
Gomb says:
Yes the hacking is annoying but supposedly the newest anti-cheat installment improves things, and anyways I think the shoot-on-sight aspect of it is very fun. The fact that you can run all over a 225 square kilometer map for days without seeing another player, then suddenly you bump into someone and one or both of you are dead within 2 seconds makes the game more immersive. Just yesterday I was chasing an unarmed player around and around in a circle with my hatchet, chopping away and causing him severe bleeding. As this was happening, some hero skidded up to us in his jeep and jumped out with an assault rifle.... seeing this and knowing I had no firearm, I immediately laid down and submitted. Apparently there is no mercy for axe murderers anymore because he just executed me on the spot, which I certainly deserved for my behavior, but that was just another of many moments that make this game great.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions