Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Well, Amazon has lost all future preorders from me...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 10:05:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 10:29:22 AM PST
JC says:
So I preordered Black Ops 2 last week. I am a paying Prime member (we get all our baby supplies from Amazon so its worth it).

If you are a Prime member too, you know on the preorder page it says:

"Want this game the day it is released? Choose FREE Two-Day shipping at checkout"

So that's what I did (actually, for pre-orders, PRime member ONLY have the option of two-day shipping...no other options at checkout).

So I got to look at my order status and now it says "expected delivery: Thursday 15th" ... what the heck?

I contact Customer Service as to why I am not receiving the game on Tuesday like promised, and he says "its because you chose Two-Day shipping" implying it was my mistake.

WHAT THE F ... I am mad at not getting the game tomorrow but am really made that they are saying that it is my fault for placing the order incorrectly. What the heck happened to Amazon's CS? They used to be stellar

EDIT: yes, i might be complaing/bitching too much but combine that with all the lack of sleep from having a baby and the fact that the CS said that I chose the wrong shipping method (which I didnt) makes for a cranky dude. Sorry guys!!!

EDIT2: resolved. From a later post:
yeah sorry - i think my whiny OP was vague --- i am upset about the delay in the game, but thats fine i'm over that (its just a game). I am still upset however at the CS implying the it was my fault for choosing the wrong shipping method when I did what I always do for preorders. my bad for the whiny/vague OP.

I talked to another CS (actually a supervisor this time, supposedly) and he said that sometimes if you order 1 week in advance that kind of falls into a "gray area" of preorder window ... so sometimes in that window Prime shipping gets messed up.

This CS was very understanding and he placed a new order for me w/ overnight. That's the Amazon I'm used to.

Again, my apologies for the whinyness ... man, this lack of sleep is getting to me (baby teething)

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:07:02 AM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
Me too, since they started charging tax in my state and RDD is gone, I have no more reason to buy my videogames from Amazon anymore.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:07:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 10:08:09 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I have a hard time believing that Amazon's amazing customer service didn't send you another copy overnight if you explained that you are a Prime member and that Two Day Shipping is Release Date Delivery which this game offered. If your story is true, then you should try calling back and/or speaking directly to a supervisor.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:07:52 AM PST
FOGE says:
Well, dont go to Best Buy. I still havent recieved my Halo 4 copy. Im about to frag something.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:07:56 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:51 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:10:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 10:14:07 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
This is a good idea too. Also, you can check the tracking number in a few hours and look at the expected delivery date and see where your package is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:12:11 AM PST
JC says:
DDustiNN and Foxhound -- i agree with you, usually Prime has always gotten me what i needed on the day promised and usually CS is stellar and will do what it takes to get it done --- but the reason this one raised my eyebrow was that originally the order status said "Expected Delivery: Tuesday 13th" then it changed today to "Expected delivery: Thursday 15ht" ... so thats why i contacted CS and he confirmed that 1) the game hasnt shipped and 2) the game wont ship until tomorrow and 3) that it shipping via two-day, because as he said, "thats what i chose". So i think that warrants some complaining on my part.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:14:02 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Yeah, my copy of Assassin's Creed 3 for the Wii U has RDD it changed to Shipping Soon, and the delivery date stayed as tomorrow. I would still call back Amazon customer service and try to get them to overnight you a copy, then you refuse the copy on Thursday.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:15:24 AM PST
jtshiel says:
I would call them back and cuss them out and threaten them until they gave me what I deserved.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:16:22 AM PST
JC says:
yeah i will try contacting someone else. I guess i was just taken aback by the CS saying that it was my fault for choosing the wrong shipping method. Usually they are very helpful and understanding

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:16:29 AM PST
FOGE says:
A stern spanking with a wooden spoon?

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:17:27 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Amazon's trollin BO2 fans HARD

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:17:49 AM PST
Soulshine says:
But what if it DOES come tomorrow?

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:21:48 AM PST
Well...

Newegg shipped mine this morning and I'll have it Wednesday. Maybe yours was delayed due to weather or something?

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:23:59 AM PST
R. J. Gutt says:
@waaaaaaaah!

Goodbye and have a nice day!

I bet they ordered late ...

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:25:18 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Ahem...if you want a game bad enough that you have to play it upon launch...preorder it at a brick and mortar store.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:26:06 AM PST
I've had the same experience in the past. Their customer service has gone way down hill, along with their video game deals. That said, that was the only time I've had a problem, and I'm willing to take that as a one-off. If it happens again I'll take my business elsewhere.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:26:33 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Yeah, it does say "To receive this item on release day, chose Two Day shipping."

If you don't get your copy on the 13th, complain to a supervisor.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:27:06 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I've never had an issue with Amazon. I am not saying they don't exist, but preorder issues can happen at brick and mortar stores just as easily as they can happen to Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:28:31 AM PST
JC says:
yeah sorry - i think my whiny OP was vague --- i am upset about the delay in the game, but thats fine i'm over that (its just a game). I am still upset however at the CS implying the it was my fault for choosing the wrong shipping method when I did what I always do for preorders. my bad for the whiny/vague OP.

I talked to another CS (actually a supervisor this time, supposedly) and he said that sometimes if you order 1 week in advance that kind of falls into a "gray area" of preorder window ... so sometimes in that window Prime shipping gets messed up.

This CS was very understanding and he placed a new order for me w/ overnight. That's the Amazon I'm used to.

Again, my apologies for the whinyness ... man, this lack of sleep is getting to me (baby teething)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:28:40 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Except it's less likely. When you have to depend on shipping, it introduces a whole new set of potential issues.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:29:18 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Brick and mortar stores rely on..... teleportation?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:30:07 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
You know what I mean. Shipping to your house.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:30:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 10:32:22 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Wait, did you order a week or two within release?

Everyone knows if you do that your order will probably mess up. Especially on a huge release like this.

If I want to pre-order a game via online resources - I do it 2 weeks+ away from release; because of this exact reason.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:30:40 AM PST
Benpachi says:
For big games like this, a local store will have it well before the release date.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions