Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Pandora's Tower, The Third Operation Rainfall Game, Is Coming To America

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 16, 2013 9:01:16 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
http://kotaku.com/5976452/pandoras-tower-the-third-operation-rainfall-game-is-coming-to-america

Wow! Pandora's Tower is coming to the U.S. this spring, courtesy Xseed Games, the small publisher that brings all sorts of niche Japanese games to North America.

Pandora's Tower is an action-RPG for Wii, and the third member of the three games requested by Operation Rainfall, a fan campaign designed to get Japanese Wii RPGs to America. The other two games: Xenoblade, released by Nintendo last year, and The Last Story, also released by Xseed last year.

That makes Op Rainfall three for three.

"It's fantastic to be bringing such a highly-anticipated title like Pandora's Tower to such a vocal fan base," Xseed CEO Shinichi Suzuki said in a press release. "North American gamers have been very patient in waiting for this game to be released, and we're confident they will be pleased when they get their hands on the title."

Here's Xseed describing the game:

A tale of unfortunate circumstances, Pandora's Tower opens in the Kingdom of Elyria, where an unassuming singer named Elena succumbs to a wretched curse during a festival performance. Bearing an arcane mark on her back, she starts transforming into a savage monster, causing the town guards to attempt to kill her in order to prevent it. A young ex-mercenary named Aeron, whose heart has forever been pledged to Elena, whisks her away in the nick of time - and with the help of a mysterious witch named Mavda, he learns what must be done to avert her wretched fate. He must descend into The Scar, a massive chasm tied down by twelve chains connected to a floating island in its center, atop which sit thirteen interconnected towers. There, he must use his sword and a sacred chain to battle his way through each tower and extract the flesh of the boss "masters" that dwell within, which Elena must consume in order to reverse her ongoing transformation. But the clock is ticking! The longer Aeron takes to vanquish each beast, the less human Elena becomes, affecting her character and the game's final outcome in a profound manner. Time is of the essence...

So Cool!!!

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:03:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 9:04:12 AM PST
Kirksnowsion says:
JRPGs around the world
They're coming to America
Every time the petition's signed
They're coming to America

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:04:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 9:05:04 AM PST
That is really amazing that enough people can ask for a couple of games to be brought here and one company finds it to be fulfilling to bring them.

Love being a gamer when I hear about this.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:05:16 AM PST
Super excited!!! Day 1.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:05:37 AM PST
I knew this was gonna happen!

I read a kotaku article a few weeks ago about Xseed. This is what they live for and I knew they would come through. Kudos to Xseed!

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:06:42 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Will StriderNeo15 still hack his Wii?

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:11:47 AM PST
Wish this were being ported to the U...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 9:12:28 AM PST
We'll all buy the Wii version and then it'll get ported, lol.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:15:15 AM PST
Hops says:
I ordered one from Amazon.co.uk yesterday. They already shipped it.
Should I just return it when it arrives and buy the US version? Or just keep it?
I feel like an idiot haha. I should probably learn to have more patience when it comes to my shopping habits.
I will still blame Nintendo (and maybe Xseed to a lesser extent) for not localizing this earlier though.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:28:03 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Nice. My day has been made. Thanks for the link. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 9:44:34 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
lol, of course I will, I already have the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 9:46:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 9:57:05 AM PST
There is no need to blame Xseed in any way, shape or form. They are a small company, and can't just localize games for a market whenever they choose. Nintendo of America holds all the blame for this taking so long to get here.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 9:48:36 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
But feel free to blame them for not finishing Trails in the Sky 2, those jerks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 9:56:31 AM PST
Hops says:
I know. I'm a big fan of Xseed. I just felt a little frustrated, and had to place blame somewhere.
I might buy the US version down the line just to support Xseed and Operation Rainfall.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:57:54 AM PST
S. Brown says:
Operation Rainfall has been great for JRPG fans. I really enjoyed The Last Story, am loving Xenoblade and will definitely give Pandora's Tower a shot, too.

I would love to see a similar campaign for the Dragon Quest 25th anniversary collection.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 10:00:28 AM PST
It really has been. Unfortunately, it also shines a light on Nintendo of America, and how they don't really seem to care much for their North American core gaming audience that much anymore.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 10:36:30 AM PST
Chocolette says:
Can we start and op rainfall for trails in the sky and type 0 please??????

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 10:41:42 AM PST
Isn't Trails in the Sky already available on PSP?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 10:43:40 AM PST
Chocolette says:
Oh, I was referring to chapter 2 and 3.

And the rest of the series like Nayuta no Kiseki and Zero no Kiseki and the like.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 10:46:47 AM PST
Hops says:
Yes and yes. I think after the success these three games got, that are already localized or in the process of being localized, Xseed would seriously consider pulling the trigger on those two.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 10:50:31 AM PST
jSten says:
Day 1 purchase.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 11:10:48 AM PST
The concept behind this game sounds fantastic. My interest is piqued.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 12:25:24 PM PST
Awesome!!!! So many people were saying Operation Rainfall was wasting their time; don't they look stupid now?

I'd also like to thank myself for writing "localize Xenoblade" into every available field on Club Nintendo for every game I registered.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 12:46:10 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Did I call it or what ha!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 12:47:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 12:47:20 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Me too! I always leave a demand for other JRPG's as well.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Jan 16, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions