Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Demon's Souls -- Phantoms, where art thou...?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2001-2025 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 4:07:23 PM PST
Vikash, that area is only opened if he goes into that level with either pure white or black world tendency. Let's not bog him down with too many details, he's just getting started.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 4:38:13 PM PST
Once you beat 1-1 doesn't the world turn into pure white? He said that the dragons were gone which I think happens in pure white only. As such, it might be useful to make use of the opportunity to go fight Miralda and get the loot at the bottom of the well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 4:48:36 PM PST
No, I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 4:50:10 PM PST
No, it doesn't necessarily go pure white just because you beat 1-1. I have no idea what server tendency is right now, but when you defeat a world boss, it only lightens it up one stage. If it was right before it, then defeating the phalanx would push it into pure white, but that's the only way. Plus, if he goes into 1-1 with pure white, the way stays open even if it dips back down. Miralda will only appear during pure white or black, but the way will still be clear to get the CDS and armor at the bottom of the pit.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 4:51:50 PM PST
Dude, be ready for a hard fight if you go against her. If you take her on, I would be ready to die. She's one tough broad that hits HARD until you get used to her. If you go at her, do yourself a favor and pull her out to the gallows as it will give you more room to manuever.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 11:45:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 11:45:21 AM PST
After getting some advice from Capt I now have the Thief Ring and the scimitar from 4-1. I upped my Str enough to be able to use the Purple Flame Shield. All of these things make the skeletons in 4-1 easier.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 11:48:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 11:48:57 AM PST
Prankster says:
The purple flame shield is awesome dood. I used it throughout the game. After a certain point you have to really put a lot of thought into upgrading your weapons. Make sure you consult the wiki for that. It basically places all the info for upgrades on a single page.

Which levels have you completed? Also, how are you finding the game now that you have invested a significant amount of time into it?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 11:57:22 AM PST
Haha, I've still only actually completed 1-1. I like it though. The combat is really fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:00:32 PM PST
I was trying to avoid mentioning any particular equipment but both items are excellent for starting. If the scimitar is the one that is guarded by the black skelly, then it's a weapon that stays relevant throughout the game as a magic user if you don't do any of the hidden quests in the game. Thief Ring really makes world 4 so much easier because the flying mantis creatures aren't constantly bombarding you with their spikes.

What are you gearing your build for(pri offensive stat)? I'm just wondering because we could give you advice on easy ways to get geared up for whatever you are doing. For example, if you are going Str, when you defeat a boss in world 2 and revive, go back to the nexus and fall to your death so you don't darken the world. If the world is pure white when you get to 2-3, there is a path that is opened up that can lead you to one of the best Str weap's in the game.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 12:03:32 PM PST
Gomb says:
If you are a female character just use the rogue's clothes or binded cross clothes, dark silver shield, mirdan hammer, cling ring and foe ring and you will be unstoppable. Most times you will just smash people without even getting hit in that set, although the game starts to lose it's fun when opponents are nothing more than target practice. If you use magic, I would also recommend that you equip the insanity catalyst in your 2nd left hand slot so that you can cast light weapon after you kill Penetrator.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:03:36 PM PST
This game isn't really intended to be taken in chronological order. Heck, it won't let you further than 1-2 until you defeat a major boss(2-3, 3-3, 4-3, 5-3). Tower of Latria(world 3) is easily the most interesting of them, and there are 3 NPC's that you can interact with to open quests up. Warning, one of them is not a good person. I'll leave it to you to figure out which I'm referring to.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:11:22 PM PST
DSS is kinda handy in world 3, but other than that, I would just go with the Adjudicators as health regen is a very good thing. Plus, you don't have to wait to get to the point where you can even obtain the DSS. 2 hand your weapon, have the AS on your back and you're good to go.

I know we have our own playstyles, but if I'm going clobbering time, I prefer to go with AS on my back, MC or DBS for my weap, and mix up AK and Gloom for my armor depending on where I am.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:22:05 PM PST
Prankster says:
Hah, I messed up that order like crazy. I went 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 4-1, 2-2, 5-1. Totally random. Level 3 was definitely awesome. 3-1 was fine but 3-2 was crazy weird with the way the map has been created. Lovely design. I'm eager to see Nate's reaction to see world 5, haha.

@ Nate
The Scimitar is a good weapon. Definitely a practical choice. I don't even remember what my weapon of choice was though. I had a Moon Uchi created but I definitely had some Dark Sword. It wasn't a special weapon either. I do remember I stayed light on armor though. Some light leather armor, I think it was. Either the thief or the assassin or something. Hmmmm, been a long time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:37:11 PM PST
Unless there is something that I needed from 5, I tried to avoid that world like the plague(pun intended). I really enjoyed all of 3. The screams and the guy crying out for help in 3-1 just really made that level memorable. I still remember trying to get a handle on 5, however. I couldn't get that out of the way quick enough. At least if you can reach the boss, then you had the annoying part out of the way.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:55:12 PM PST
Yeah, going with Str mostly since I'm playing the soldier class.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 12:57:35 PM PST
Is there a way to buy or upgrade armor?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:37:01 PM PST
Not really, no. You find what you can and work around that. That was one of the improvements that From did for DaS. It all comes down to finding a good armor set with a weight that you can live with and stats that work with where you are in the game. If you equip the ring of great strength, it really opens up what you can wear and not be over-encumbered.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 2:00:47 PM PST
Okay. I like the weapon upgrades. Seems like I can upgrade at a good pace. I do wish there was a little more loot. But I love the combat so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 3:03:44 PM PST
The loot is definitely there, it's just often very tough to find it. :D

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:54:28 PM PST
So I've been farming some souls in 4-1. Those skeletons drop quick now. I've found that I can go to the merchant in the tunnel past the dogs in 1-2 and buy grass and firebombs. The Crescent Moon Grass is 50 souls cheaper than it is in the Nexus.

I spent 60 arrows sniping that big demon near the start of 4-1. I figured when he was taking 90% of my health with one swing and he has reach so long that I can't evade his second swing, I didn't want to put up with him. So I did that, ran over and grabbed his soul, then went into a little underground tunnel. Pressure plate? Bah! They already used this trap earlier this level. How creative! I stepped on it, put my shield up...and promptly took three flying spikes to the back. Well played, Demon's Souls.

As a soldier, can I learn magic? I want to take on the 1-2 dragon next. That thing is pissing me off. I have some type of magical weapon (a Wooden Catalyst and a Talisman of God).

Can I upgrade my Crescent Falchion +1 with normal materials, or is the only way to get this Darkmoonstone?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:04:51 PM PST
new Tron says:
You can definitely learn magic as a soldier. That's the nice thing about the game, your starting class is just a stat boost in a couple key areas and maybe a good starting item. Once you get into the game and and start getting souls, you can create whatever type of character you like.

Not sure about the Crescent Falchion, but I'm sure someone here knows.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:12:04 PM PST
Okay. There's always a message that says "use magic/fire/arrows/etc against this enemy" so I wanted to make sure I could sort of cross-class to take on multiple enemy types.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:18:56 PM PST
new Tron says:
Just remember that in this game, the well-rounded "little bit of everything" will end up making the game difficult once you get further into it, especially as leveling up becomes more and more occasional the further you get. Try to pick out a just a handful of abilities/augments you want to build your character around, and pour your souls into those.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:43:54 PM PST
Oh, I'm definitely doing Vit, Str, and End for the most part.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:34:03 PM PST
Prankster says:
I wish I had known this earlier, haha. I made my knight balanced in all abilities thinking that would be best. And it actually does work quite well in the game except in PvP situations. Invaders will come in and just kick your ass if you are so balanced.

Also, I think you can upgrade your Crescent Falchion only with Darkmoonstone. The term Crescent is associated with that stone so you have already got an upgraded weapon. But keep leveling it up because it's a fantastic weapon. I think this weapon is the one which regenerates your mana too when you have it in your hand. Quite slowly though but still it's something. Like I said in my very first post to you, keep your eye out for the crystal lizards. Especially in world 4, they are very important but they are really slippery in this kingdom.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  87
Total posts:  2067
Initial post:  Aug 16, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions