Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Vita, you might as well give up now because you have loss the handheld battle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 307 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 11, 2013 12:53:45 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 11, 2013 12:53:50 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:17:58 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I wish I could say I was that brilliant but honestly someone posted a link to the thread in the End of Year awards and I was reading it and came across that line.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:49:03 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
lol, please tell me you had a reminder set to tell you to go back and rub this in his face.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:41:52 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
"I'd like for you to repeat that in half a year."

Well, no one said Facelord could predict the future.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 2:09:00 PM PST
" If they stopped selling the PSP, they'd see an increase in sales in Vitas"

Not necessarily a big enough increase. Odds are that a sizable chunk of Japanese gamers who buy PSPs would simply opt for a 3DS.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 2:05:27 PM PST
rpd123 says:
Clearly, they're scrounging for profits even though it's detrimental to their newer products. If they stopped selling the PSP, they'd see an increase in sales in Vitas which are sold for much more + expensive memory cards. Long run, that's the way to go, but they're clearly thinking short run at this point.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:49:04 PM PST
Admiral55 says:
Didn't you get rid of the Vita 6 months ago?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:36:37 PM PST
It's still a little early to call the Vita a failure yet, if at most after a year and a half it still does poorly profit wise then I'd agree that it's a failure but you're trying to measure it up to the 3DS a portable handheld that already had a major following. Sony seems to have a history of hits and misses I mean look at the PSP and the PSPGO.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:07:15 PM PST
jnjmcc says:
Oh and with all these free games from ps+, won't a lot of people have to buy a new memory card?

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:02:15 PM PST
jnjmcc says:
The vita is a failure in any business sense. Good for you if you enjoy it, but I do not. Lack of games is the biggest deal breaker for me. All these games which they thought would be system sellers(lbp,ac,uncharted) have all been subpar compared to their console brothers. Great hardware, lack of software. I love how you all defend it, are you trying to justify your purchase? I'm glad I got rid of it. I really did love the hardware, but I just did not play it due to lack of games. I would love to see it succeed, but it doesn't seem like it is going to.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:53:46 PM PST
Yes, it is.

>>> , I see now that you will never be able to compete with Nintendo in handheld gaming.<<<

Vita can succeed by Sony doing their own thing like they did with the PSP. However, direct competition with Nintendo in the handheld market won't be successful for Sony. They just can't do it.

The Vita and 3DS need each other. The best approach is for the systems to complement each other.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:46:39 PM PST
I.Flores says:
>>I just don't see how the Vita could ever overtake the 3DS which is what this thread is about.<<

No, it isn't.

>>Jawwaad says:
You might be more advance in graphics and specs but you can't compete in the games category which really counts. <<

That's why I said

>>Increased Vita sales=more developer interest=more games available to play.<<

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:12:40 PM PST
Well, it's not doing well as evidenced by Sony cutting their forecasts for it twice now. But, I do love the thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:08:49 PM PST
PSP is profitable. Sony is desperate for profits.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:08:32 PM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Ninstationbox seriously has nothing better to do with her life than talk about Vita sales. So sad, so very sad.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:06:22 PM PST
rpd123 says:
Their problem in Japan is that they are still selling PSPs. That makes absolutely no sense from a marketing stand point. Why would you have a cheaper product that competes with your own, newer expensive product?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:01:42 PM PST
Lucanus says:
It is doing horrible in Japan. Tracking less than what the Dreamcast did. Right now the PSP is outselling the Vita in Japan. Sony has a major problem on their hands with the Vita in Japan. The other territories are fine at the moment.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:57:06 AM PST
It doesn't have to beat it. I think it's doing well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:55:51 AM PST
" I suppose you're not suggesting that the Vita can't be a successful handheld on it's own unless it outsells the 3Ds worlwide."

I have no idea where you came up with that theory since I wrote the opposite multiple times in this very thread. Your reading comprehension still down?

I just don't see how the Vita could ever overtake the 3DS which is what this thread is about. You're the one who is claiming irony, not me...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:47:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 11:49:15 AM PST
Lucanus says:
"I honestly believe that the Vita is a better Electronic Device than the 3DS. "

The ps3 was clearly a better device than the Wii.... the Wii still sold more than the ps3 by 30 million units. Price point matters, a lot. Sony dropped the ball, IMHO, but going too tech heavy. They should have backed off on the GPU, put in 32 gb internal storage and hit $200. I agree overall the 3DS has a stonger Japanese lineup at the moment. The Vita, while it flat out won't catch the 3DS, can still be successful. Very successful at that. Sony just needs to work on the price and game lineup.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:44:39 AM PST
I.Flores says:
Increased Vita sales=more developer interest=more games available to play.
I suppose you're not suggesting that the Vita can't be a successful handheld on it's own unless it outsells the 3Ds worlwide.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 11:42:59 AM PST
Hey says:
The Vita seems like a portable 3DO to me. There's a dedicated following for it but it'll never reach mainstream acceptance.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:42:14 AM PST
In what way? I mean, if more people buy and play Vitas then that is a good thing for all of us handheld gamers but I just don't know what you think is going to change.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:39:28 AM PST
I.Flores says:
Of course it will.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 11:37:52 AM PST
I'm saying this, and I mean it as a non joke for mainly the Japanese Audience.. and this is just my opinion of course. But I don't think the 3DS wouldn't sell nearly as well if it didn't have a Monster Hunter Title on it in Japan. People underestimate how much of a selling point those games are there. And on top of that I believe there is a Dragon Warrior game out or coming out for the 3DS. That's basically the Japanese equipvilant of Halo in that people will buy a system just to play that. Same with Monster Hunter. Hell I'm proof of that, the sole reason I want a Wii U rigth now is the MH game coming out on it. And not only that, the 3ds 2 Mario games, 3 if you include paper Mario, and A few other First party titles such as Zelda OOT (big nostalgia pull).

The 3DS has a much better Library. AT THE MOMENT. The vita hasn't even been out a year yet, though it is getting closer. With games like LBP Vita, Persona 4, and others it's going to get better. Plus with the cross buy platform It's got a few nice points if you have a PS3.

I'll bet there will be a Final Fantasy Title on it down the line that will help it sell. I honestly believe that the Vita is a better Electronic Device than the 3DS. I really do believe that, it just needs some more games. And when it gets them... oooooh will it be great.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  61
Total posts:  307
Initial post:  Jun 21, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions