Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Official Guild Wars 2 VGF Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 678 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 11, 2012 4:00:18 AM PDT
The 10% magic find will be done being researched early tomorrow morning. I also plan on activating a +5% exp from kill bonus for Saturday.

In the future, I'll try to keep the +10% MF running Friday - Sunday as long as we're not saving for a larger upgrade. Economy 4 is 10,000 influence, but there's a 15% Karma boost for 24 hours at level 5.

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 7:25:28 AM PDT
Jaded Gamer says:
So I have the tome of influence, do I need to give that to the guild leader to use or can I use it myself and it will help the guild. I just want to make sure it is not wasted. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 7:33:03 AM PDT
Nope, just represent the guild you want to use it for and activate it for +1000 influence.

Thank you to anyone that's used one towards the guild!

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 7:58:23 AM PDT
Nytmare says:
Sooo.... Did you say you can make some good leather armor Capt? I hit 33 on Ravnoss last night and am wanting to start trying to run dungeons and whatnot, but I'm pretty sure his gear leaves a lot to be desired. Should I go to the AH for that or is there some stuff you can make? Just curious as to what the best route for gear is... haven't seen many rewards or Karma stuff that really help improve him much...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 8:00:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2012 8:00:54 AM PDT
I've actually been AHing most stuff lately. I can get a full suit of level 40 leather for around 5 silver. Everything is dirt cheap on there for the most part.

I can probably put together some gear for you though around level 30.

Lately I've been grabbing karma rewards here and there. Some are huge upgrades, but you can't customize it as much as normal gear.

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 8:13:26 AM PDT
J. Niles says:
I have my Armor smithing up to 244. If anyone needs heavy armor let me know.
Should have over 300 here soon.

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 8:29:46 AM PDT
Sars says:
So I think im going to make my warrior my main character now, got him up to level 11 yesturday. hopefully ill beable to level up rather quickly and get in some dungions by the end of the month

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 8:30:02 AM PDT
Cortimus says:
Regarding multiple characters in GW, when I played GW we always tried to keep characters with similar names so guildies could identify the owner. My characters were all Cortimus _______.

I'll get GW2 sometime when the weather gets cooler and I have more time to play, but I'm kinda already committed to my old GW guild and the real-life friends I have in that guild.

I can't wait to play it tho, everything I've read and heard seems quite positive.

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 8:33:44 AM PDT
NERDS!!!
You are a full time cook in a game, WTF?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 8:35:59 AM PDT
GW 2 lists character name / account name on the guild roster so it's very easy to tell who's an alt.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 8:48:39 AM PDT
That's fine. You can be in several guilds at the same time, you can only just represent one at a time. Regardless, it's a really fun game. I love the fact that combat isn't simply just mindlessly running your rotation, you actually have to be paying attention for your dodges. I watched some gameplay of AC and it looked nice(this with a player that is not ranged.)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 8:54:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2012 8:56:45 AM PDT
AC is very tough. I think we did most of it with 3 melee and 2 ranged, but we just could not get past the "Lover's" boss. If the two of them are together (they're both ranged by the way), then they heal and deal extra damage.

We tried 8-10 times and eventually gave up. We almost had them a few times. I think it had something to do with one of our warriors being level 29 and not knowing how to dodge. He'd run up and try to tank the boss swinging a greatsword and hope for the best. I told him next time to take a bow and hang out in the back. :)

I found out last night that rangers can use dual swords? I'm making one of those next. So I have:

43 Thief
13 Warrior
4 Elementalist
Soon to be ranger

There is just sooooooooo much to do in this game!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 9:02:05 AM PDT
Sars says:
There is a lot to do, sometimes its a little over wealming. started playing since the 3 day head start and i just now found out what 2 proffessions i like lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 4:27:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 12, 2012 4:27:20 AM PDT
Riyoshi says:
Nope, only a Sword in the mainhand or a Greatsword.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 4:50:24 AM PDT
Yeah I figured that out last night when I made my ranger.

Oh well. I can use sword/axe and sword/dagger at least.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 4:52:51 AM PDT
I sent you a stack of silver last night.

Also, I finally upgraded my storage, so my inventory isn't cluttered with cooking stuff anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 4:58:09 AM PDT
How much does it cost, and where do I go to do this?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 4:59:34 AM PDT
It's 600 gems, and you double click the little lock icon in the bottom right of your storage.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 5:01:30 AM PDT
Sweet thanks!

I was looking at the treasure trove. It would cost us 15,000 influence to add another 100 slot vault. I think maybe we'll shoot for that next?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 5:20:05 AM PDT
Sounds good.

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 5:22:43 AM PDT
I'm considering upgrading to the deluxe, so if I do I'll be able to use the tome of influence to help out some. Once my card arrives today, I'll be able to actually participate in WvW. Does that help with farming influence in a more significant way than PvE?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 5:30:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 12, 2012 5:33:49 AM PDT
I think it's about the same.

Our server became very popular when we started winning every WvW match. We're now one of the six that are almost always full. :(

I think that's both good and bad. Good because I'm glad we have a strong WvW presence, bad because queue times take *forever* to get into. Bad because people can't join our server when we have friends buy the game. Bad because we're almost always in an overflow....

Because of this however:

"Note that guild upgrades and guild influence are world-specific. If you move your account to a new world, you'll see the upgrades and influence that your guild has on that new world, not the upgrades and influence you previously saw on the old world"

We're stuck here. :)

Hopefully they can increase capacity on the full servers over time and the WvWvW queues will subside over time. We have a 45 minute queue on average for WvW right now.

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 5:40:34 AM PDT
Bulbachutwo says:
Speaking of WvWvW, are we going to try to do some anytime soon? I always feel lost in it, and I think with an organized group it'll be more fun.

also, any way to get gems outside of buying with real money?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 5:43:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 12, 2012 5:43:59 AM PDT
You can trade gold for gems. I think it's about 1.5 gold for $8-10 worth of gems.

I've been playing WvW on Saturday mornings. It seems it's the best time to queue when the servers aren't already full. Usually I just find a large group and follow them around completing events.

The 45 minute queue times make it very tough to get into WvW when I only have an hour or less to play during the week.

If some of you guys are up for WvW though, feel free to use Ventrilo to communicate.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 6:01:09 AM PDT
I haven't spent any real money on gems, and I probably never will. You don't need a whole lot of gold in this game, so most of it goes towards gems. Since I started playing, I've probably used about 1,000 gems.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
12 Reasons Why The PS4 Is Set To Get Even More Exciting 0 21 seconds ago
new Apple patent lets strangers, governments, corrupt cops DISABLE the camera on your iPhone. WTF? 5 40 seconds ago
OT: President Trump - Get used to it 223 2 minutes ago
Not a single Xbox One console currently on Amazon's top 100 best selling Video Game items. 203 3 minutes ago
Microsoft giving away free Xbox One to students buying Surface PCs 9 7 minutes ago
PS VR Preorder Stock Sells Like Hot Cakes, Whole Stock Sell Out In Minutes 6 11 minutes ago
Stanford and Harvard Business School profs bet that Apple will fail: sodomite Tim Cook is too arrogant, they say 1 12 minutes ago
shameless sodomite Tim Cook to tap Indian programmers 12 13 minutes ago
SLAYER® is the Zodiac Killer! 0 17 minutes ago
Weekly Gaming and Weekend Review 6/27 - 7/1 144 27 minutes ago
OT: Texas mom got into an argument with her family, fatally shoots both her daughters in order to make her husband suffer 192 27 minutes ago
Halo 5 is free to play until July 5th 2016 for all gold members. 13 42 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  678
Initial post:  Sep 4, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions