Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

IGN Wii U unboxing video. "This is the first home console to come with an HDMI cable.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 45 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2012 4:50:09 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I guess they forgot about the 360. I still use my MS HDMI cable even though I don't have the system anymore.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:52:18 PM PST
User says:
maybe they meant at launch?

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 5:02:08 PM PST
AJF says:
maybe they meant with the basic console?

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 5:16:09 PM PST
Aku says:
You know it seems like I had to buy my own HDMI cord separate from the system. Maybe I am mistaken.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 5:21:20 PM PST
Omg it comes with a $3 hdmi cable. I'm sold.

(Sarcasm, would never buy another Nintendo product)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:26:14 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Because 6-7 years before they weren't mainstream!

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 5:33:46 PM PST
Lucanus says:
The ps3 super slim still doesn't come with an hdmi cable.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:35:34 PM PST
So you are not going to play any new Zelda, Metroid, SMB, or any first party Nintendo games ever again? I cry for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:37:54 PM PST
User says:
it was merely an observation not a loaded remark. ive owned every system currently released. and i didnt care about hdmi when i bought my 360 so many years ago. chillax.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 5:38:53 PM PST
Kirksnowsion says:
So they had HDMI cables included with the 360 at one time? My Slim from last year came with composite cables - what a gyp!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:03:57 PM PST
Nicos says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:07:59 PM PST
Relevance?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:17:27 PM PST
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are the most critically acclaimed games of all time =]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:24:06 PM PST
They are talking about standard right out of the gate. We didn't see a 360 with an HDMI cord until the Elite came along and Microsoft has since removed it from the bundle for some reason. The PS3 has never shipped with an HDMI cord.

Rather funny since these were supposed to be the HD consoles.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:27:16 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:32:50 PM PST
And yet Sony was banking on HDTV's out the gate with the PS3 and its Bluray setup yet it has never come with an HDMI cord. I can understand when these consoles first launched not including them but these days when new bundles are being brought out all the time that are supposed to bring all this value to the consumer yet lacks such a basic cable? Why? Everyone here has commented on how cheap these are now so that's an excuse to not include it when to get the best possible performance out of the 360 or PS3 you need one.

Heck I can't for the life of me figure out why Sony sells the Dualshock 3 by itself without a charging cable. Sure mini USB is a common cable and rather cheap but I've only got one in my house and it was the one that came with my PS3. Wasn't too happy when I bought the Dualshock 3 and found out I just got the controller. Sort of a jerk move in my opinion when I have no other way to power the controller and the thing comes out of the box dead.

Of all the corners to cut not including cables just seems weird to me. Nothing pleases a consumer more than having to make additional purchases alongside the several hundred dollar system you just bought.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 11:37:35 PM PST
No surprise. Nintendo has a long history of making products usable out of the box. When I got my launch period Gameboy it came with AA batteries. They even packed in batteries with the Wii and Circle Pad Pro.

That's just the kind of company Nintendo is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:04:38 AM PST
Nicos says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 2:18:33 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Yeah I think it was only the Elite.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:51:32 AM PST
Sorry, popular opinion trumps yours. ^_^

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:31:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 5:32:00 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
And GTA IV is regarded as the best GTA of all time with review scores to back it up. Doesn't change the fact that it was largely boring and a chore to play and it was a stripped down version of the awesomeness that is San Andreas.

Popular opinion isn't always right.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:33:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 5:33:23 AM PST
...Nintendo is the first to include one of these?

Yay, I can save my $3.47 for something else now!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:35:28 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Ugh, sometimes it's hard to associate with other people who share this hobby. If Nintendo didn't put an HDMI cable in the box they would be receiving so much flak for it, and when they do put one in the box, they receive so much flak for it. Why anyone would want to be in this industry is beyond me. Lose/Lose

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:07:30 AM PST
I'm glad Nintendo is willing to put up with the Flores' and Nicos' of the world, I love their games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:48:32 AM PST
>>That's just the kind of company Nintendo is.<<

And yet, the pack-in game that came with the Wii I got this year (NSMB) came inside a cardboard sleeve.
Go figure.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  45
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions