Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Jim Sterling Rant: "Fueled by Mountain Dew"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 69 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 2:58:18 PM PDT
I believe there was also a "you have to deliver the Pizza in 30 minutes or less" game starring the Noid (as villain this time) titled "Avoid the Noid". But it wasn't on the NES.

So a short-lived pizza mascot gets two video games, one as hero and one as villain.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 2:59:45 PM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
Well the one as the hero was particularly weird considering his entire existence in marketing was as a villain. And contrary to what we'd been told, there was no pizza ruining at all. The Noid had been living an entire second life outside of those commercials.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 3:00:10 PM PDT
"I don't know what game you're talking about, but in Yo! Noid, you play AS the Noid, running from left to right and jumping over pitfalls in typical 8-bit platformer fashion. There was some weird evil green Noid that was the bad guy."

I remember seeing that in Nintendo power. The game I'm talking about is on PC. If you want to see it, the "Blistered Thumbs" chick Roses did a Let's Play a year or two back. It's truly hideous.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 3:05:28 PM PDT
John McClane says:
I owned Cool Spot, that game was awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 4:37:42 PM PDT
Anthony says:
well, you'd have to be drunk to think that voting for Obama was a good idea.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 4:40:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 4:40:18 PM PDT
I had no idea they made two 7up games. The Othello type one was a a good take on that game though.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 4:44:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 4:46:15 PM PDT
Donkey Punch says:
It's pretty lame. There is only 20 Halo 4 360 consoles and 100 of the Halo 4 CE available to win. There is some other crap you can win but none of it is worth chugging Mountain Dew over.

http://www.dewxp.com/#/Main/Prizes/All

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 4:45:28 PM PDT
This iOS Halo game, all you need to do is scan barcodes right? You can do this in the store, for products you don't intend to buy, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 4:47:58 PM PDT
Donkey Punch says:
I guess I'm talking about something different. Under caps of Dew and on bags of Dorritos there is codes to redeem for double xp and Halo 4 related prizes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 4:49:58 PM PDT
sounds like it to me. so as long as you don't care how other customers in the isle look at you, go to town scanning all the store has.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 4:50:57 PM PDT
I think you have to do it in a 7-11 though, and there isn't one of those within 220 miles of me.

Also, I don't have an iPhone, and I don't like Halo.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:20:57 PM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
The other Burger King games were merely okay, but Sneak King was a gem.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:24:53 PM PDT
I don't play Iphone games, and I'm not into Halo.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 11:49:32 PM PDT
Nicos says:
No way, the best product turned into a video game was Chex Quest!

http://youtu.be/bQr1lDubSSs

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 6:28:29 AM PDT
I had a Kool-Aid man game for collecovision. You had to bust the Thirsties.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:11:09 AM PDT
OH YEAH!!!

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 8:22:18 AM PDT
All that money flowing into Microsoft and Xbox Live still sucks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:45:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 8:52:57 AM PDT
If you're an Xbox Live Rewards member the November survey includes the question "how satisfied are you with Xbox Live". I urge everybody to check "very dissatisfied" as I did.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:50:05 AM PDT
I'll be sure to though I'm so rarely on my 360 these days. Actually powered it up yesterday to watch some Netflix. Ever since I got my new TV with all the built in Apps the Netflixbox has lost its use.

Just blows me away how far Live has fallen behind in terms of services and what it offers yet Microsoft is raking in the money hand over fist. Sure it's their right like Jim says and I guess it makes the decision not to support their next console all the easier unless some major changes happen.

I will say this, the voice recognition bit for Kinect actually works. Well it did right up until my roommate woke up and every time I tried to give it an order I'd hear "Bing, search, penis!" Then I realized the major fault of Kinect having voice recognition....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:03:18 AM PDT
"bullfeldegarb"

Pretty sure that's not from BSG. In fact, the ONLY search item listed on Google for that term points to this very thread.

But yeah, great article.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:03:36 AM PDT
I'm almost always on the Wii playing VC games like Ninja Gaiden or MegaMan 2

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:05:06 AM PDT
Heh, I played that a few years ago when it came on the disc in an issue of PC Gamer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:12:00 AM PDT
The Wii here usually only comes on if we're playing Dokapon Kingdom or my roommate's girl is over and they are playing New Super Mario Bros. or something lol.

I still need to get on Skyward Sword though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:14:05 AM PDT
It's been nearly a year, and I still need to beat Skyward Sword.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:20:50 AM PDT
I need to start it.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  69
Initial post:  Nov 2, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions