Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Anyone know any products that can get light scratches out of cars

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 12, 2013 2:42:09 PM PDT
Jawwaad says:
2 months ago, I bought a Black 2013 Dodge Avenger and it's getting light scratches on the paint. They're not deep but they can be seen. I remember seeing a commercial not long ago about a product that can get light scratches out. Does anyone know of this product or any similar to it? Thanks.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 2:46:21 PM PDT
Uncle Ulty says:
Sorry, I don't have any help for you but did want to say congrats on the new car. I have been thinking of getting an Avenger or maybe a Challenger as my next car.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 2:47:44 PM PDT
Zak Iarih says:
Toothpaste

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 2:48:10 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 12, 2013 2:48:30 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 2:48:25 PM PDT
KrisCo says:
Quixx Paint Scratch Remover

I've bought that stuff before, and it works pretty well.

Just a heads up.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 2:50:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 2:55:49 PM PDT
got mayo?™ says:
Sorry to hear that :(

My first 4 cars were black.

3M light compound with an orbital...be very careful not to burn the paint. Meguiar's Ultimate Compound gave me good results too.

It works out better to do a larger area or whole section so you don't leave fade marks.

I went thru a ton of wax owning black. Hand waxed religiously every other month.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 2:55:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 3:00:17 PM PDT
ebrown0104 says:
What kind of scratches are they? Just surface scratches/swirl marks from dirt and dust? Or more like key-mark scratches?

My car is black and it's a giant pain to keep looking nice, it seems like mine scratches just from washing and drying. I use Turtle Wax T-3KT Black Box Kit on mine, and it will hide swirl marks and stone chips fairly well, but it usually only lasts a week or two. The only way to get rid of them completely is to clay bar and buff with a DA buffer. Even then, it won't take long for them to show back up. 'Tis the double-edged sword of the black car - when it's clean and polished, it's the best-looking color there is... for 10 minutes.

EDIT - just wanted to add, Dodge has come a long way in the past few years, especially interiors. Their new cars are miles ahead of anything from even 5 years ago. I would actually consider owning a new Avenger, which is something I never would've said about an 08-10 version. So, congrats on the purchase.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 3:04:31 PM PDT
Jawwaad says:
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and congrats. I really appreciate it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 3:18:56 PM PDT
Black paint jobs require a lot to keep them nice. Good to hear you are taking pride in your car.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 3:49:12 PM PDT
A buffer and buffing compound

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 3:50:12 PM PDT
That's for cloudy headlights

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 4:09:35 PM PDT
Zak Iarih says:
No, it works on both. Trust me
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions