Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Coffee makers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 155 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 25, 2013 8:30:56 AM PST
klopas says:
I'm a coffee novice and I was reading reviews for different coffee makers. I would like to get one, but every one of these newfangled coffee makers seem to break within a year?

I would like to brew 12oz each morning to take with me to work so I can look like a professional coffee drinker. When I see somebody at the office with a canister of coffee, I think that he/she must be very productive and moving up in his/her career. There are a ton of Keurig options and reviews for each model from coffee advocates, but I trust you all with gaming and life advice. Suggestions for a coffee maker, por favor? What do you use? Also, share your coffee stories here. I'd love to read them. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 8:31:52 AM PST
FOGE says:
Sorry, but I dont know you well enough to help you pick a wife.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 8:32:55 AM PST
Don't over think it, an inexpensive french press works just fine and makes better coffee than those k-kup machines.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 8:33:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2013 8:33:38 AM PST
I've got a Keurig B40 Elite Brewing System that brews 10.25 ounces. Adding cream and sugar gets me to around 11 ounces which is perfect for my travel mug.

Love the thing and the K-cups aren't as expensive as I thought they'd be.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 8:34:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2013 8:35:09 AM PST
Voice of god says:
If you want to look like a serious productive professional, bring in a whiskey bottle every day and fill it with Dr. Pepper. People will think you're professional at being awesome when you drink it all day and it only prevents you from taking a nap.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 8:34:13 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
I'm certainly not a coffee maker expert. I have a Keurig Coffee maker that I have had for over two years now that has worked great. I use a reusable K-cup so I can use whatever coffee that I want.

Keurig K40 Elite Brewing System

That's the one that I have.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 8:35:56 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I personally am not a fan of Keurig (or any coffee pod) coffee. I good ol' plain Mr. Coffee drip coffeemaker is always reliable and provides a tasty brew.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 8:36:35 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I use this at home: Mr. Coffee EJX36 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Red

Also, just have some super cheap Wallgreens coffee maker at work, they all work the same.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 8:37:35 AM PST
Plus you can get ones with timers so it starts brewing in the morning. Just grab the coffee and go.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 8:38:56 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Yup. Just prepare the machine to brew before you go to sleep at night, and when you wake up, the coffee's waiting for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 8:39:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2013 8:40:00 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
That's the same one I've got at home. It does what it's supposed to do and hasn't broken, so I think that's pretty much a 5-star review.

Edit: and it has a timer, which is nice. I should actually use it to save myself some time in the morning, but I'm always too lazy to set it at night.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 8:40:00 AM PST
FOGE says:
Welcome to the Future.

Thats really cool

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 8:40:53 AM PST
klopas says:
Thanks for the suggestions everybody! I will check them out right after I post this message. And go!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 8:41:12 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Yeah i never bothered with the timer, I'm not much of a morning person, so I pretty much only use it on weekends, I make my weekly coffee after I get to work.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 8:44:13 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Regular coffee makers are cheaper but they are a complete waste if you aren't a home to drink an entire carafe of coffee or just want one cup. That's why I love my Keurig since I only need to use enough coffee for the single cup I want. K-cups actually cost more than a regular bag of coffee though which is why I have a reusable one so I can just use whatever type of coffee I want.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 8:46:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2013 8:50:11 AM PST
You don't have to make a full pot of coffee and it's not like a keurig takes up any less space on the counter. A drip coffee maker is more reliable, cheaper, makes better coffee, and if you have one with a timer it is even faster and less work in the morning.

EDIT: they even make single mug drip coffee makers that brew right into a travel mug.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 8:48:24 AM PST
klopas says:
That's a good point. I definitely don't want a pot full of coffee. Around 12oz each weekday should suffice.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 8:50:10 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
I would really say reliability is that much of a factor going against a Keurig though. I've had mine for over two years without a single issue. I would say it all depends on personal preference though. If you really want the best coffee a French press can't be beaten but then again I don't want to try using one lol.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 8:50:59 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Some guy with a jackass brings me my Columbian Coffee.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 8:52:55 AM PST
The french press is what I initially suggested but the more I think about it that might actually be the slowest option in the morning since you have to boil water separately. I have an electric kettle so it's easy for me but otherwise it might be annoying.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 8:53:20 AM PST
user22 says:
Instant office doosh: Starbucks VIA® Ready Brew Italian Roast Coffee (50 count)

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 8:54:08 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Old reliable Mr Coffee style drip machine will be the cheapest, most convenient, and versatile option that lasts the longest and makes good coffee.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 8:55:00 AM PST
LiL Bill says:
it took me 3 coffee makers to find a good one. My first two pots i had was making my coffee taste like plastic and kept getting worse so i bought a Black N Decker and is working fine...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 8:55:04 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Starbucks VIA, for some reason, totally upsets my stomach.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 8:56:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2013 8:57:17 AM PST
DVvM says:
Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker
Bonavita BV1800TH 8-Cup Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe

If you want to spend $300 on a coffeemaker, buy this Technivorm Moccamaster KB-741 Coffee Brewer Polished Silver
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  155
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions