Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Jesus Christo, now GMG is having a after Christmas sale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-38 of 38 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:20:48 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Yeah, I like gaming overall on my PC more. But when I am tired, and want to lay on my bed or something and game. I play my console.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:21:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 7:23:43 AM PST
Benpachi says:
There are plenty of old school shooters available on 360 that are WAY better than Sine Mora. The PS3 has a few as well.

Physical copies for 360: Deathsmiles, Akai Katana, Raiden IV, Otomedius Excellent. You can also get DoDonPachi Resurrection, Mushihimesama Futari, Espgaluda II if you don't mind playing imports. You can get these on XBLA: Radiant Silvergun, Strania, Ikaruga, Guwange.

For PS3: Under Defeat HD, can't recommend it enough, physical copies are only available on Amazon. Soldner X and Soldner X-2 are on PSN.

Any of those games > Sine Mora

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:21:40 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I can't lay down and play a game. I have to be sitting. When I play racing games, I can't relax with my feet up; I always edge myself to the edge of the chair I'm sitting in.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:22:53 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Well, you didn't factor in your weirdness. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:29:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 7:31:58 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I hear that. That can be annoying. I share that sentiment on occasion, i do love my console experience.

For me if its multiplat, the PC has just making more sense in this uncertain transition period. Not only because of bargain basement pricing like these, but with the new consoles around the corner, on the PC that library will 'remain with me' more conveniently than on a console that at some point will be 'out of place' or decommissioned when the fresh hardware takes over the entertainment shelf.

I feel like everything i buy on Steam is part this massive, no-boundaries platform that covers generations...if you know what i'm saying...and it will never quite age the same way. I'm a click away from decade old software as i am the newest game on the block. I also like that out of my Steam library, i can load up the kind of games i can make use for at my work PC (like Indies, short breaks)apart from what i like to play on my rig at home. Same when i get a new laptop. Its a little more flexible for me this way.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:33:56 AM PST
pyroguy says:
already got the Scorchers DLC for "Rage" for only $5 as an early Christmas present for myself

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:37:16 AM PST
new Tron says:
Steam is the best thing to happen to video games in the last decade. I'll defend that statement to the end. Also agree about the "no generations" concept. Older games seem to get love on PC that they don't get on consoles.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:38:54 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
That's because the only thing you need to play an old PC game is a PC, and maybe a GoG account. If you own a PS3 and want to play a Dreamcast game or a SNES game or a TG16 game, you're kind of out of luck unless that company released it digitally on the PS Store.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:08:51 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
The carnage continues, $1.75 later and Sine Mora is mine.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:13:07 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Scribblenauts for 7.50? I may need to jump on that.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 10:20:41 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Well the GMG 30% off code works for a second purchase. Could have just used it for Arma 2 CO

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:40:41 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
It has worked on every purchase, and i've made like 5. Transactions have to be one item at a time though. I tried with 2 in the cart and it only discounted one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:43:04 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Yeah, it must have changed. Maybe there's a 15 minute time limit or something.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
After only 1 week Destiny has been slashed in price to $30 at least at one US retailer. 71 2 seconds ago
I've just learned of Fantasy Life for 3DS and now I WANT IT! 6 6 seconds ago
OT: Feds Talk of Raising Interest Rates after "Considerable Time" Passes End of Stimulus Program 18 6 seconds ago
Destiny's Vault of Glass raid looks pretty awesome 112 25 seconds ago
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Dev Responds to Titanfall "Ripoff" Claims 22 1 minute ago
News: Ubisoft's The Crew Is Always Online, Has 6000 Km Of Road, No Dynamic Weather & No Loading 1 1 minute ago
Create Your NBA 2K15 Player on Xbox One/PS4 by Scanning Your Face 4 1 minute ago
Are Video Games Sexist? 72 1 minute ago
Sony forecasts $2.1B loss this year 88 2 minutes ago
5 random songs 1072 4 minutes ago
Final Fantasy Type-0 has a release date! Also comes with Final Fantasy XV demo. 20 7 minutes ago
sunset overdrive is silly, stylish, and incredibly smart 1 7 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions