Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Wii U bundles on Newegg now. Hurry

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 73 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:41:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 6:42:48 PM PST
Aku says:
You're joking, right?

EDIT: actually, with some reconsidering, this'll be interesting if games on Nintendo consoles will start to price drop as quickly as everything else on other systems. Even third party games on the Wii tended to keep a high price unless they were total pajama sleepover simulator shovelware.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:43:09 PM PST
It's a launch title. last gen 5's and 6's equal new gen 8's and 9's. It's ratings inflation 101.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:45:45 PM PST
DVvM says:
Did they "basically" say that, or did they actually say that?

Because what the hell is the point of attaching an HDD to that thing (which Nintendo says they want you to do) if you can't play games off of it?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:45:54 PM PST
I.Flores says:
Actually, only the core Nintendo IPs remain at retail price for years.
If ZombiU becomes a critic dud, Nintendo is gong to want to just forget about it and pretend it never happened

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:49:06 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
Yeah they are definitely forcing you to buy a bundle which is kind of crazy. This is probably the last chance to get the Wii U before Christmas though so it still might be a good idea to pick it up. Target is having a buy 2 get 1 50% off on Wii U games this week, so I'm going with that deal.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:55:05 PM PST
user22 says:
How did you get a pre-order at Toys R Us? Was it in-store? I've been watching their website for weeks and it had a message saying something like "Check back soon for Pre-Order." Now it's gone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:05:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 7:10:10 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Game data and saves?

USB Data Storage

"- 8GB = 7.2GB, 32GB = 29GB in terms of actual save data. Wii U uses around 4.2GB when using the system for the first time. - NSMBU is ~2GB, Nintendo Land is ~3.2GB. So, both won't fit into the Basic set at the same time. - Wii U lets you put data onto a connected USB media drive. - One USB drive at a time only. - Cannot disconnect the external drive while plugged into the Wii U and receiving power. - You can use general drives. - In terms of powering the HDD while connecting to the Wii U, if you do not use a Y Cable Type drive (2 USB cables), then Nintendo cannot guarantee it will work properly. - Nintendo can guarantee functionality if the HDD plugs into a power outlet. - ***No games on USB Flash Memory due to gamesnotrunningproperlyallthetime (whatever this means...)*** - Wii U will read up to 2TB only for external hard drives"

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx3J4KM3ATAMTM8#MxAGDJSEXHL366

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:07:53 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
No, it was online. The day after the U's price and SKU's were revealed. Sept 14th I think it was.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:08:49 PM PST
I.Flores says:
Has anybody else noticed there's not a single WiiU game on Amazon's top 100 VG sellers?
Odd.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:09:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 7:11:40 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Other than the software which Nitendo is known for what is the big deal about the Wii U ? I don't know I'm asking THX.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:12:25 PM PST
That is about SD cards, not external HDD's. However, N did say that nobody should use an HDD that is pulling power from the USB2 port but instead have an independent power source. Here's a clip...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2014304/nintendo-wii-u-on-sale-nov-18-what-you-need-to-know.html

"How does external storage work?

Nintendo says the Wii U will support hard disk drives up to 2 terabytes in size. The Wii U cannot recognize drives larger than 2TB, but Nintendo says it is working on an update for December that will let the new console interface with larger drives.

The external HDD also needs its own power source; the game maker does not recommend trying to run an external HDD using power from the Wii U's USB 2.0 port. Nintendo also advises against using SSDs and portable flash drives for external storage.

What about SD cards?

You can use SD cards to save limited sets of Wii U data such as an image of your Mii avatar or transfer data from a Wii to a Wii U, but Nintendo says you cannot use an SD card to store Wii U game data."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:14:08 PM PST
DVvM says:
I don't see where that says that I can't play games off the HDD. It says I can't play games off of USB flash memory, but the HDD you would hook into a Wii-U is most likely platters, not flash.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:16:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 7:17:00 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Cool, glad I was wrong.

I'll change my answer then to Black > White.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:16:20 PM PST
Aku says:
This is so backwards. Even the 3DS lets you use an SD card to hold eshop games, except for the DSi stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:17:35 PM PST
Nintendo, backwards? INCONCEIVABLE!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:20:13 PM PST
Aku says:
But this is backwards from stuff they've basically already allowed. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong somehow.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:21:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 7:22:45 PM PST
DVvM says:
If I'm going to be installing like 50 games on the Wii-U, I would probably rather have a large HDD than rely on flash.

Flash is great on the 3DS where games are less than 4GB each. But when games are 8-25GB, I'd much rather have a 500GB drive or so. I mean, a 500 GB HDD is like $50, a 128GB SD card is like $125.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:24:12 PM PST
Aku says:
Good point. I'm just thinking back to my gaming corner, maybe if I totter the hdd on the Gamecube and sacrifice the 360 plug-in spot since I never use it anymore...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:35:14 PM PST
user22 says:
Wow, that was many moons ago. This whole time I thought Toys R Us had yet to have pre-orders available. Oh well, not like I can really afford one right now anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:38:40 PM PST
John McClane says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:44:45 PM PST
Yeah, Star Wars Kinect was a huge hit.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:49:43 PM PST
John McClane says:
It outsold Twisted Metal, Starflop and LBP Karting combined. We may as well add Wonderbook to that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:53:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 7:53:27 PM PST
I.Flores says:
Don't forget Steel Battallion.
Oh, and that awesome DBZ game.

And who can forget the on-rail game that's not on-rails?
Just plain incredible.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:54:37 PM PST
Peter says:
It'll be $159 soon enough. :)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:58:26 PM PST
Peter says:
The best thing about WiiU from my standpoint is that now, I'll finally buy a Wii original for under $100 brand new. I can wait for the WiiU to drop in price, even if it takes 5 or 6 years to d so (but it wont take that long guaranteed).
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  73
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions