Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

What is, in your mind, the single most epic moment in all of gaming?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 83 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 1, 2012 11:34:06 AM PST
When Nathan Drake jumped. Oh yeah.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 11:39:15 AM PST
"When Nathan Drake jumped. Oh yeah."

Dat manliness.....

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 11:52:26 AM PST
Technosapien says:
The ending to MGS3.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 12:02:12 PM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
I would vote facing Sephiroth at the end of FFVII. One Winged Angel firing up and then when Sephiroth launches Supernova, I was in total awe. Best production seen in video games at the time IMO.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 12:44:08 PM PST
B. Rogers says:
I loved the scene in MGS4 when snake had to go through the microwave section and you saw him crawling and you see what happens to everyone all around you. And even though the last fight with Ocelot sucked in my opinion it was an epic battle.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 12:56:47 PM PST
Aku says:
Persona 3, where you're fighting Nyx's avatar and it WON'T FREAKING DIE. Also the great music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdMhTL5bZrs

And like other cats have said, MGS4 has plenty of amazing moments that still look prettier than most newer games.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 1:19:23 PM PST
Sparhawk says:
Meeting your mentor in System Shock 2.

This will be spoilers for those who haven't played it: http://youtu.be/NOFZ5fv_pb8

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 1:28:35 PM PST
I AM SHODAN!!!!!!!! That part is just chilling.

Freak, will System Shock ever get revived?

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 1:39:14 PM PST
Final Fantasy VI has a couple epic moments to me.

*Spoilers*
After the battle on the floating island and you find out the world has been ravaged. It's a completely different world. Also, the final boss battle when you fight so many bosses in a row and Kefka is sitting at the top almost like a god.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 1:49:54 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/07/ea-does-give-a-sh-t-about-system-shock-3-says-pc-gamer-uk/

There was a rumor that the Godfather team at EA were working on SS3, then nothing came out about it and Dead Space was announced, which made many people believe that possibly Dead Space was originally being made as a SS game. However, I don't know how much I believe that rumor since there's an Xbox 1 prototype of Dead Space out there.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 1:52:18 PM PST
"Meeting your mentor in System Shock 2."

Hell yeah that scene is amazing.

"[REMOVED FOR SPOILERS] Are you afraid? What is it you fear? The end of your trivial existence? When the history of my glory is written, your species shall only be a footnote to my magnificence."

I was hoping that tri-optimum corporation had a vending machine that sold clean pants, or maybe some kind of nano-scrubber.

To clarify, I needed new pants because there was #@$% in my pants after I saw that scene.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 1:52:40 PM PST
Dead Space has some definite similarities to System Shock 2, although they're somewhat superficial. I think Dead Space has different influences overall, however.

Having said that, the Dead Space team has gone on record saying that System Shock is a great inspiration to the series as it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 2:03:01 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
I think the rumor was that the foundation was built for a new System Shock, but then they changed it to be a IP and made it different.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 2:50:33 PM PST
Sparhawk says:
Okay, I will give FF6 something for "the villian wins and actually destroys the world, then the second half of the game starts". That fits many definitions of epic.

We're expecting more out of AI now, so System Shock's enemies are difficult to do in a modern environment. And writing a compelling villian is even harder than AI, so I am okay with System Shock 3 churning around until conditions are right.

We do, however, have Dishonored. Which is almost Thief 4.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 2:52:58 PM PST
FOGE says:
I have the same mOment as you. Exiting the vault in Fallout 3 was amazing. I sat there for about 5 mins just embracing it.

Also really loved Shepherd talking to Sovereign in Mass Effect 1. His deep voice rattled my apt thru my sound system. He was so evil without any emotion. So cold. So eery.

And seeing San Fransisco in Resistance 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 3:02:14 PM PST
"Okay, I will give FF6 something for "the villian wins and actually destroys the world, then the second half of the game starts". That fits many definitions of epic. "

Yep, I remember that as a kid and just being like, "Whoa."

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 4:46:51 PM PST
Benpachi says:
Landing the killing blow on Ganon in Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. Skeptics had been going on and on about how lame and cutesy the cell-shaded Zelda game would be, and toon Link took Ganon down in the most gangsta fashion ever.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 4:57:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 4:59:52 PM PST
"The Death of Luca Blight in Suikoden II. Pretty much the most ridiculous and epic boss fight in history."

I loved seeing him die, but at the same time he was such an awesome villain. I've heard others mention he may be the most evil out of all RPG bad guys. I would agree, he pretty much destroyed whole countrysides. That last fight was pretty epic though, I remember when he finally gets cornered I was thinking 'geez, just when is this guy going to die'.

Very awesome game though, definitely in my top 5. There was a lot of emotion in that game and just the music, story, beautiful sprites, and solid game play makes it even today such an enjoyable game. This one really stands the test of time.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 5:21:00 PM PST
AndrewA says:
I don't know about the epicness of it, but I'll never forget the cutscene that introduced the flood in the first Halo.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 5:27:47 PM PST
A customer says:
When Cecil and Golbez join forces.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 5:34:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 5:34:55 PM PST
Defeating Ganon at the end of OoT.

(Honorable mentions):

Stabbing Ganondorf in the heart in Twlight Princess.

Defeating Bowser at the end of Mario Galaxy.

Defeating Hades in Kid Icarus Uprising.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 5:34:55 PM PST
I agree with everyone who said stepping out of the vault in Fallout 3. Amazing feeling.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 6:10:30 PM PST
My moment was leaving Midguard for the first time and realizing the game had just started. It was my first RPG and I thought defeating the head of the Shinra was the final battle and was waiting for the cutscene, then it was like "city one complete" and my jaw dropped.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 11:08:44 PM PST
Frank says:
Resident Evil: When that dog jumped through the window.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 11:10:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 11:52:10 PM PST
C.W. says:
There are a ton of amazing moments in Mass Effect.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  59
Total posts:  83
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions