Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Anyone still play Diablo 3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 476-500 of 735 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 8:28:00 AM PST
You bought most of those. didn't you

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 8:29:02 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
I'm almost tempted to download the PTR just to check out the changes early, but I'm pretty lazy and would hate to invest any time into something even more pointless. It would be cool just to see how the crafts actually roll without sacrificing your real inventory to find out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 8:31:33 AM PST
I know i will download it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 8:34:10 AM PST
Duster says:
Good, then report!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 8:43:20 AM PST
I shall, i take my Diablo 3 veeerry seriously!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 9:06:14 AM PST
J. says:
Yep. Spent about 7m when they were 10k a pop, so what would be... 700 I purchased.

There are plenty of butthurt people on the forums that are up in arms about brimstones having potential value. As if they were somehow barred from buying them, or they were too expensive.

10k a piece...

I have little interest in turning any kind of profit on them. I would rather use them as intended than make a quick buck.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 9:13:34 AM PST
Duster says:
I would rather use the brimstones to make in game gold and buy the stuff I want. I can always get more. Having said that, brimstone prices have been up recently, hahaha. Last night they are at 60k.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 9:14:28 AM PST
AmbientGreen says:
I hope to, really do. That Skorn put your Witch Doctor over 100k+ DPS with buffs, if I remember right? You must be getting up there in paragon levels, man. Think I was approaching 40 before I stopped playing.

@ Capt K., sounds good my friend. Just been working a lot and on daddy duty when not working. Haven't had much downtime lately.

@ Kung_Fu, happy to hear you're having fun again with your Monk. Seems you've made some great progress since I last played with you.

Glad you started a new thread and good to see some familiar faces are still playing. I've been out of the loop, so it was nice to read this.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 9:17:37 AM PST
AmbientGreen says:
Yep, nice to stockpile brimstone for a rainy day. How's the economy been lately, just in general? Are witching hour's still 50m plus?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 9:38:24 AM PST
Thank ya!

I have been honing my skills as a monk. I can now do MP3 by myself, but still die every so often. I need better gear, but the ungodly amount of gold it takes is just......ungodly. I will take my chances with rare drops I suppose.

I don't know who it was that said that gems were cheap, but I think you haven't checked in a while, you're really rich or I just misunderstood you. It cost MILLIONS for one gem I want. I bought some recipe books to make them myself, but still couldn't afford the highest gem creation book. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:15:18 AM PST
J. says:
Legs drop more regularly, but they are still 90% junk for higher mp chars.

Last I looked, WH could be had for ~7m for a basic one. High end items are still too expensive for most players, but players have more of a chances at self found upgrades than ever before.

My WD does Ubers (I've done up to MP7) at 141k, unbuffed! A few days after you stopped playing I found a decently rolled crit Mempo that sold for over 400m. Got me some nice upgrades, including a decent LS Skorn.

Been messing around with my Monk recently, but I'm getting ready to work on my barb again. I want to have an MP10 viable character, and Barbs are the cheapest path to do so.

Which is good, since I'm broke again. I've been finding little upgrades for my alts here and there, but I've been keeping more than I've been selling.

You're going to like Ubers.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:56:29 AM PST
AmbientGreen says:
Yeah, it's all about stockpiling those shinies and item finding. That's what keeps our nose to that proverbial grindstone. Hopefully, you find a big ticket item that will translate into a nice pot of gold soon.

I'll have to go through my stash when I log in again, but I'm pretty positive that I have some gems that you could have.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:09:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 11:10:14 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
Downloaded the PTR client over lunch. Hopefully I'll have some time to check it out this evening. Trying to think of a quick farming strategy for the non act bosses {Skeleton King, Spider Queen, Maghda, Zoltun Kulle, Ghom, Cydaea, Rakanoth, Izual}

I'm guessing it's easiest just to slap one of them on top of Key runs, but I'm playing with the idea of doing a Key -> Cydea -> (Azmodan -> Izkatu) -> Rakanoth run, but that seems like a lot of wasted time.

The quickest is probably going to be Act 2 Keywarden -> Kulle

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:15:50 AM PST
AmbientGreen says:
Wow man, that price has plummeted on the witching hour! I'll have to pick one up when I fire up the game again. Remember when they were like 50-100 million, ludicrous. Glad to hear some prices have come back into orbit. I guess it was just a matter of time and item overflow.

That's some nice damage, very cool. Congrats on that Mempo, you must have been pretty stoked when it dropped. I've never had a drop like that which sold for that much, it seemed like I was on the wrong end of the big lottery ticket. Your Witch Doctor must be pretty decked out now.

I'd like to get my Demon Hunter up to 60, just to get some variety going and some fresh blood in the cycle grind. Maybe he can pal around with your Barbarian once I plow through to the cap and some paragon levels.

I'd like to do some ubers, that sounds like fun. I think I did the boss in Act III, the one that drops stuff from the sky on your skull and has mirror images of himself. Is that one of them? Only did it once, and we died five times in the process, but it was fun as hell. That was shortly after that patch went live, never did it again. Think my Wizard has like 6-8 keys on her. Is reflect damage still pretty deadly, or any changes upcoming?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:34:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 11:35:14 AM PST
Reflect damage is going to work like shield. They'll only reflect for a short time until the buff wears off and then it won't reflect until the buff reactivates.

I have a few keys myself. I would be down for some uber runs at some point. I need one more organ from the Kulle / Siegebreaker fight.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 12:30:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 12:31:24 PM PST
AmbientGreen says:
That sounds MUCH better, on the reflect damage part. Killing myself with a meteor build was equal parts funny (one spell, I explode) and annoying.

Kiting a reflect damage pack halfway across the map sort of lost its luster after a while. Doable, but tedious. Be fun if we can all get together for some uber runs.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:31:53 PM PST
Be fun if I could get more keys and stuff first. =P

I have 2 so far. One from Act 3 and Act 1 I think.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:33:35 PM PST
Have you tried using Arcane Destruction (first rune of Archon form) and RD? it's suicide. Transform, hit them for 3-4 mill. you get hit for probably 4x your life.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:40:53 PM PST
AmbientGreen says:
That will come, should be easy enough to acquire. It just takes time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:46:20 PM PST
That's the problem....I don't know how much longer I want to take on this game.

I mean, I am enjoying it, but I have numerous games in my backlog that need played. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:47:38 PM PST
J. says:
You should try to get on this weekend. I should be around.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:47:49 PM PST
AmbientGreen says:
Yeah man, not very much fun at all. As Wizards, there's not really much that you can do, other than a pure kite build (hydra, blizzard, etc.) and running in circles as you keep dropping hydras and blizzard, and some other low damage spells of your choosing.

Helps swapping gear, of course. Switching to a high lifesteal or LoH weapon is pretty much mandatory the higher you jump in monster level. Either that, or you kamikaze them by dying, running back, dying, running back...yeah, rinse and repeat.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:50:16 PM PST
AmbientGreen says:
It's one of those kind of games that you can play for years, off and on.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:50:50 PM PST
J. says:
I packed up my PS3 (we are putting the house on the market), so I only have my pc and psp to game on.

I play D3 at unhealthy levels. It's how I played I and II, as well. It's easy to ignore the backlog when you're chasing that next fix in D3.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 12:52:20 PM PST
AmbientGreen says:
Sounds good bro, I'll look for you this weekend then.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
GameStop's President: "Don't Bet Against Nintendo." 7 11 seconds ago
It's time to wake up and take action whitey before you're calling a Muslim 'master' and kissing their boots!!! 8 50 seconds ago
Sony foreclosing Playstation Home in Asia in 2015 3 58 seconds ago
Sunset Overdrive Advanced Traversal 46 1 minute ago
Telltale's The Walking Dead did storytelling better than The Last of Us 186 2 minutes ago
When Keller demands you to make a list of your top 25 games from gen 7... 12 2 minutes ago
Someone Finally Cracked that P.T. Ending Puzzle! 15 4 minutes ago
Adult females oust teenage boys as largest gaming demographic 141 4 minutes ago
OT: Most Overrated Book You've Ever Read? 26 5 minutes ago
Why critics love Mountain, but Steam users are calling it "worthless" 41 6 minutes ago
OT: How does you shave? 86 10 minutes ago
Top 25 of the generation? 67 13 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  735
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions