Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Weekly Gaming (Thanksgiving Edition) 11/19 - 11/23

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 101 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:56:22 PM PST
Gonna try to start a new toon on TOR, farm a couple dungeons on GW2 (NOT the new Fractals, though), try to beat UC1 (that final fight is a pain), and die a lot more in Demon's Souls.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:01:15 PM PST
El Tron says:
Uncharted 2 is a real big improvement in pretty much every dept over UC1. I liked UC1's story more, but UC2 is a much better game overall.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:10:38 PM PST
UC1 is, first and foremost, an absolutely beautiful game. I can't believe it came out on a console in 2007. I was more than pleasantly surprised.

Even on easy, some of the enemies are serious bullet sponges, but I loved getting the trophies for weapon kills.

Nolan North is a good voice actor. I hope more devs use him. I mean, he should win awards.

I knew about the surprise at the end (specifically the supernatural stuff, not the reveal about El Dorado which I thought was awesome).

Elena is one of the most attractive video game characters this gen. She just has that spunky, reckless reporter archetype that I'm not a fan of, but she CAN hold her own in a firefight.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:28:34 PM PST
FOGE says:
First off, it's not possible for Nolan North to do more games. He is very talented though.

And yeah, UC1 was an amazing game in its day and it's sequels are phenomenal improvements. 2 is one of the best games I ever played.

And I agree w Elena. Not the hottest girl but her personality wins me over. Chloe is hotter... In 2, she didn't age well in 3.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 7:34:12 PM PST
FOGE says:
And I'll be strictly playing DS. Lot of Pokemon White, some Mario Kart too.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 7:41:49 PM PST
I'll be working on Halo 4 Mp, Borderlands 2, and Hitman Absolution.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:10:15 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
If you like Nolan North you should check out Spec Ops: The Line if you haven't yet; IMO his best performance.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:41:57 PM PST
C.Burpee says:
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:37:17 PM PST
Nicos says:
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition baby! I am currently working through Old World Blues. Those friggin roboscorpions were super annoying... until I got my hands on a positronic axe!

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 12:50:22 AM PST
Walking Dead, Resident Evil 5/6, Playstation All-Star Battle Royale, and tons of Rock Band 3.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 1:42:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2012 9:52:14 AM PST
Dust 514
Saints Row 3
Borderlands 2
Battlefield 3
Doom 3 BFG ed.
Sacred 2
Two worlds 2
Dungeon Siege III
LOTR War In The North

Playing any of the above? especally the MP RPG's
Add Me PSN - SSlarg

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 4:39:19 AM PST
" (NOT the new Fractals, though)"

Heh, I have 3 more to go before I get the monthly achievement. I think it'll be *much* easier to run them now that only level 80's can participate.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:05:20 AM PST
They made it so only level 80s can do it?

Dood, I'm sorry about rage quitting the other night in the swamp. I had been having a crappy day to begin with for some reason, and I just was NOT having fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:13:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 6:14:18 AM PST
Lol, it's no problem at all man. I completely understand! It was only scaled for everyone during the event so people can enjoy the new content. I think they're doing that with every new addition.

And that one is a PAIN unless you have a group that has run it before. I think we can do it like this:

Solo on left lane ( I can run this with my thief )
Two middle lane, one to decoy and push traps for the runner.
Two dedicated to right lane, one beefy decoy on the champ/spiders and one runner.

As long as the runners know about that central stump you can leap over, we can definitely make it to the trees.

To be honest, I think that's one of the simpler ones as long as we all know our running paths.

The underwater one... Oh man... Evil. The devs are EVIL.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:24:18 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Better late than never Tron, seriously Dead Space 2 became one of my favorite games this generation.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:29:47 AM PST
So you think my guardian would work better as a damage/condition sponge for the runner at the spiders? I have a shout that removes conditions from allies.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 6:31:17 AM PST
Since I'll only have my vita/3ds for a couple days. Probably PlayStation Battle All-Starts Royale. Oh, and the Marvel Avengers Civil war pinball boards for Zen Pinball 2. And on the 3DS, gunna try to finish sticker star.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 6:33:37 AM PST
Started playing Arkham City on the WiiU last night, great game and the controller is sweet. I love the stupid scanning thing and using the touchpad for a fingerprint scanner. Maybe it's dorky, but I love it. Played a little NSMBU too, Mario in 3D is glorious, we need a new Galaxy game STAT!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:37:57 AM PST
OP says:
Funny; I had bought the GOTY edition a few months back, but hadn't tried it until yesterday. This might change as I get further into it, but at the moment, I think I preferred the overall feel of Arkham Asylum better.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:38:09 AM PST
Yes, that would probably easily give them a boost if you could hit that and your sprint. They can clear the spiders and make it to the stump as fast as the left lane.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:48:38 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I felt the same way when they first showed the Wii U trailer for Arkham City. That's exactly some of the goofy novelty stuff I want for the touch screen! I think Jim Sterling has a big problem with that kind of usage, but I think it's dandy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 8:48:28 AM PST
waxc3 says:
probably some new Hitman. maybe the new dlc for Borderlands2 if its patched for the 360.
i want to play through Halo4 on legendary in co-op if my friends and i can synch up.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 9:00:09 AM PST
Positive JJ says:
Blops 2 and Skyrim on PC

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:04:48 AM PST
It's good to have standards.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:05:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 11:06:44 AM PST
May have to try that then. With my greatsword I can also pull and hit a ton of enemies. Do the mobs go away once you get all three sprites to the trees?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Free code for access to the Closed Beta of Homefront: The Revolution launching February 11 0 2 minutes ago
OT: What Are You Listening To-2016 Version! 302 4 minutes ago
Weekend recap and weekly gaming 2/8 - 2/11 117 8 minutes ago
ot: Don't be fooled by Bernie Sanders - he's a diehard communist 169 9 minutes ago
Kuru Kuru Kururin Finally coming to North America 11 13 minutes ago
How many systems do you have? 34 19 minutes ago
Out of Print Current Generation Games 130 31 minutes ago
OT: ESPN Ranks Lebron James as Third Best Player of All Time 18 42 minutes ago
OT: the pos Apple Corp could face yet another lawsuit, after software update ruins some iPhones 29 52 minutes ago
Which monitor? 0 52 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 2311 1 hour ago
Firewatch is a beautiful game that pulled me in like nothing else I've ever played 8 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  55
Total posts:  101
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions