Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Martha Stewart American Made Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Entertainment Collectibles Shop Now HTL
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

What is, in your mind, the single most epic moment in all of gaming?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 83 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 1, 2012 11:32:14 PM PST
Picking my first Pokemon in 1999.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 11:48:49 PM PST
Joshua C says:
The eye stabbing part of Dead Space 2. It had a legit physical impact on me, because I was so very "OMGWTF?!?!?!?"

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 12:09:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 12:09:20 AM PST
1#Fetish says:
Cutting your finger off in heavy rain was the most intense moment for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 12:10:17 AM PST
C.W. says:
So many great moments in Heavy Rain too. We really have had a great gen so far. All these people who complain all the time about this generation of games...I have no idea what they're smoking.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 12:18:53 AM PST
GyozaSauce says:
When Tellah summoned Meteo.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 4:31:49 AM PST
LiL Bill says:
Well not sure if the most epic but for me, the most memorable was when Super Mario World came out for the SNES...Me and my older brother took turns and played through the game and beat it...I found the picture we took of the End Game screen with me and him sitting together in front of the screen...

The latest biggest moment in gaming i can remember was the ending in RDR..only game that made me sit at the tv well after the end credits with my mouth open...WTH just happened.!!

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 9:32:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 9:34:43 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
EA's NBA Live franchise cancelling their game project right before release date in B2B years, an unbelievable EPIC FAIL from one of the biggest developers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 10:16:46 PM PST
MJM says:
The release of the Legend of Zelda for the about a game changer.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 11:40:32 PM PST
The end of red dead redemption
**** SPOILER**** It's also the saddest As a player you spend so much time with john marston and for him to be killed was so sad but when you got play as older jack marston and get revenge it was AWESOME!

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 12:26:21 AM PST
the first boss fight in god of war 3 - the water based boss - posideon?

there's a bit where the camera pans out and kratos goes flying straight through the boss. the whole opening of god of war 3 is just massive and brilliant but that one little bit is extra badass.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:36:50 AM PST
Real217 says:
Mash button games are for weaklings.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:35:11 AM PST
It's so hard to pick just one, so I'm compiling the best for me. For anyone that doesn't understand this thread already, SPOILERZ Z0MG:

There are two for me from Final Fantasy IV. The first is the "fight" where Cecil becomes a Paladin. It took me so long to realize what you had to do, it was just amazing. There has not been anything like it since.

The second is at beginning of the final boss in Final Fantasy IV. He kills your whole party, and there's a long scene (in the battle mind you) with your previous party members praying and their spirits come and urge you to fight on, healing you up to full.

Final Fantasy VI Floating Continent. As Matthew said previously, it was epic. My first time through the game I played 30 or 40 hours at the least, so I figured it was the end. No idea it was the halfway point.

Leaving the sewer in Oblivion. As was also said previously, the being able to go anywhere you saw was awesome. I played Morrowind before it but it didn't leave me with that feeling of awe.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:49:19 AM PST
Chris... says:
Someone mentioned this on a previous page, the ending to MGS3. The single greatest moment of my gaming history and I don't think anything will ever top it.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:50:00 AM PST

Link, sword, Ganon's head.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:51:44 AM PST
The first time I booted up Mario 64.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 1:57:49 AM PST
Nicos says:
Not THE but a couple personal favorites of mine that hasn't been mentioned:

1. X-Men Origins Wolverine. The sentinel freefall fight.
2. Vectorman. The final showdown with the giant evil robot with a nuclear warhead for a brain is inside a friggin tornado.
3. No One Live Forever 2. The battle with the ninjas in the trailerpark during a tornado.
4. Bionic Commando/Rearmed. Beating Hitl- er "Master D" by exploding his head.
5. StarFox 64. The Forever Train.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 3:05:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2012 3:12:38 AM PST
Not so much that epic, but pretty awesome and a fond memory for me in video games was learning to fly the helicopter and gain altitude while being chased by the cops in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and having Herbie Hancock's "Rockit" playing in the background.

Of recent times I would say the Max Payne 3 shootout in the Aiport Terminal while Health's "Tears" is blasting made time stop for me. Such unorthodox finesse and blood.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 4:56:34 AM PST
I got a couple...

1. Firing the Coronocepter for the first time in Turok Dinosaur hunter. Made me giddy with power
2. All of Star Fox 64

but my fav has to be... and this one will take a tiny bit of explination.

On one of my playthroughs of OOT, during the final boss, after having beaten Ganandorf and run down the falling tower. I had music playing int he background, in this case I was listening to some Ozzy Osbourne. The second the tower hit the ground and Zelda was locked out of the field with my sword, the song Perry Mason started at the same time this was all happening and Link realized that something was coming out of the ground, the music started to pick up. I don't know how the rest happened but every movement of Ganon's during that scene coincided perfectly with a beat or a guitar riff. And the battle ended right about the same time the song did.

I shall never forget it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 5:14:24 AM PST
This. The funny thing is when I read the title and clicked on the thread, this was going to be my answer. It's usually the first 1-3 post. lol

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 10:19:52 AM PST
Coffee says:
FF7 -- reuniting with Aeries, only to get c-blocked by Sephroith. The boss battle that ensued after, with that totally depressing theme... I've never felt so emotinally invested in a game as much as I was during that fight.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 10:47:58 AM PST
Kendahl says:
Defeating any of the bosses in Demons Souls and Dark Souls were pretty epic for me. Such a feeling of accomplishment...

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 10:50:48 AM PST
Another absolutely amazing experience in gaming for me is the convoy in Uncharted 2. At the time I had never played anything like that. I remember thinking that this would be a cutscene in any other game and in this I'm actually playing it and jumping from car to car, throwing people under tires, blowing stuff up.

It was very epic.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 10:51:03 AM PST

Most Gripping
When (FFX spoiler) ***Tidus is fading away and Yuna is begging him not to
When (FFXIII spoiler) ****Sazh almost commits suicide
When (FFIX spoiler) ***Zidane jumps out at the end and you see Vivi's children
Crisis Core: When Zack dies

Most Epic
When (Arkham City Spoiler)****Joker dies
When the first dragon attacks the town in Skyrim and you realize everything the lays in front of you
When (KOTOR Spoiler) ****You find out you are Revan

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 10:56:02 AM PST
That first Dragon attack right at the start is pretty epic. Also the first dragon you atttack is a pretty epic fight.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 10:59:08 AM PST
Carlito says:
Starting up Pong for the first time....bleep bloop, bleep bloop, bleep epic
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT The Russian warplane is shot down by Turkey after allegedly violating its airspace, with both pilots on board believed to be dead. 83 48 seconds ago
OT: Best breakfast cereal hands down is.... 51 2 minutes ago
What is your thoughts on Remasters? 26 4 minutes ago
5TB External hard drive $119.99 shipped (Best Buy via eBay) 1 6 minutes ago
PSN 10% off coupon 6 8 minutes ago
Weekly worldwide hardware sales plus US software 14 Nov- Fallout 4 launch week - Rise of the TR bombs. 2 8 minutes ago
Smoking a turkey 28 14 minutes ago
Bloodborne's The Old Hunters DLC Will Kick Your [tuchas] 104 15 minutes ago
Your son is the villain and you have to kill him or nuke boston. 35 16 minutes ago
Why the Liberal Mentality from the North will eventually make the U.S Weak. 66 17 minutes ago
PlayStation VR, A Second PlayStation 4, Or An Xbox One, What Would You Pick And Why? 46 19 minutes ago
Starcraft II (Honest Game Trailers) 0 21 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  59
Total posts:  83
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions