Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I played my first MMORPG over the weekend - Guild Wars 2

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-115 of 115 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:17:51 AM PST
Hit 'O'.

Buy a cheapo one off the trading post for a few copper and then pick it up at a trader. You can completely re-outfit your character every 5-10 levels for next to nothing if you want. The trading post has some exceptionally cheap items for sale.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:18:54 AM PST
Try karma merchants, they usually have better stuff. After you finish a renown heart event (the people with the hearts over their heads), they'll sell you things for karma (purple triangles). I got a Jotun Greatsword with a cool frosting effect from one of them.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:19:30 AM PST
I kinda feel ashamed, but I haven't played GW2 since this weekend. However, I have been playing Diablo 3. If anyone here is feeling that itch and want to help me and my friend get through Nightmare mode and on, that would be cool. I am a level 38 monk and as of last night, he was a level 39 Wizard, but he is probably higher now since all he does is play D3. =D

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:22:36 AM PST
But don't they have to list the items higher than the most expensive merchant in the game in order to put it in the Trading Post?

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:27:19 AM PST
Nice! I'll look at both places but I don't know if I've received any purple triangles yet....I've helped out around 5-6 people in my area with hearts above their heads though.

Also wanted to confirm - After I complete a sidequest do I have to go back to the original person who gave me the quest for anything? After every one I've completed whenever I go back to the person who handed it out they don't offer anything new.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:29:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 6:31:06 AM PST
No, you don't have to. They usually send you mail with cash in it.

Also, you definitely got karma if you've done 5-6 renown heart quests. To buy/sell with those people you've helped, walk up to them and pick the purple triangle option in dialogue. It'll bring up a merchant menu were you buy things with karma.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:38:24 AM PST
No, they have to list the items higher than they would vend to a merchant.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:44:10 AM PST
Karma is gained through the orange events, daily/monthly achievements, dungeon runs, etc.

Not renown hearts, unfortunately.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:48:26 AM PST
I've done around 3-4 orange events in the areas I'm in too...So I might have some.

Can I get a house in this game? What about item storage too?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:49:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 7:51:51 AM PST
Items can be stored in your bank. There aren't houses, but they will probably add guild castles or something down the road.

All basic crafting items can be stored in your bank by clicking on the little gear in your inventory and clicking "deposit collectibles" You can do this anywhere.

You do not have to pull basic crafting collectibles out of the bank to use them either.

I can probably make you some bigger bags.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:51:30 AM PST
I didn't even know I had a bank....Lol, good to know.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:52:05 AM PST
The bank is shared across all characters as well.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:52:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 7:52:38 AM PST
WeaKeN says:
i just noticed that your bank account is the same across all of your characters. that leaves me very little room to store things.

hmm same exact time capt

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:52:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 7:53:18 AM PST
Remember to store collectible items (wood, metal, leather, cooking stuff, etc.) in the collectible pages. This frees up a ton of bank space.

EDIT: Lol. We ninja'd each other.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 1:03:40 PM PST
Yes, the bank size is the only real issue. I always deposit all my collectibles, etc., but I still always have a full bank and have to store my other items on my character. I could buy more bank space, but, I'm trying to avoid spending $$.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  115
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions