Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Wii-U Log; thoughts?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 10:21:18 AM PST
Lucanus says:
So last night for the first time I checked out the daily log on my U. I thought it was pretty cool. I liked being able to see how much time I spent with the system. Having it broken down into days was neat. I often wondered how much time I have spent on a particular console. I also like seeing how much I have played each individual game. My wife thinks the log book is silly, but I liked it. I could see it being massively helpful in monitoring your kids. Thoughts on the Wii-U log? My only complain is I wish I could see the log book of my friends. :)

Over 8 hours in NSMB-U and just under 2 with Nintendoland thus far.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:23:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 10:24:22 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
They had that on the Wii, too. Was pretty nifty, but like you said, it would be most handy from a parental standpoint.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:24:16 AM PST
FOGE says:
Does it list the total play time for games? I would like that feature. Id really like if itd list it so I can see what I play the most.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:25:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 10:26:13 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Yes, total time spent on the system. As well as total time per each game. When you click on a particular game, it will show the time spent on that game. I was surprised to find out I played over 8 hours of NSMB-U, I would have guess half that amount. :)

I don't recall the Wii having a log book, did I miss that some how?

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:25:57 AM PST
It's also on the 3DS. I think it would be better used by parents to monitor what their kids are playing but I was surprised to see just how many titles I have played on my Zelda 3DS (which has a different profile than my launch 3DS.)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:26:31 AM PST
Yes, it did. I didnt really use it since I didnt really turn my Wii on all that much.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:26:32 AM PST
FOGE says:
Wii had a log book. I think its identical. Thanks Ninstationbox. Thats really cool :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:27:02 AM PST
FOGE says:
Did your girlfriend turn on your Wii very much?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:27:25 AM PST
K Archer says:
It was under that messages icon thing in the bottom right corner of the main menu

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:29:51 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
This version sounds like it's probably organized differently (probably for the better), but on the Wii you would get "messages" each day that would list how many hours you played each game or used each app that day. It did break down how much you spent each day, but didn't have a grand total as far as I know.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:31:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 10:32:35 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Oh, LOL. Yeah I never really clicked on it. I do like the layout of the U more than the Wii. I thought it was hard to find stuff on the Wii, the settings in particular were poorly laid out. :)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:35:06 AM PST
Kasmatsu says:
I like the one on the 3DS better. Besides the day and month logs, it also has all your played games in a kind of scrapbook. Click on the game's icon and you get a page with total play time, average play time and total number if times played. I think it tracks a few other stats too. It also has a ranking page. The top 3 played games in the log get gold/silver/bronze crown icons wherever they show up in the log.

The 3DS log also tracks steps taken with the built in pedometer. I hope next year's 3DS/WiiU cross compatibility stuff brings a unified log.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:36:02 AM PST
Kendahl says:
I really wouldn't like this feature...I don't want to admit to myself how much time I waste...er...invest in games. Nor do I want my wife really knowing. She already has a ballpark figure and uses it against me. I don't need her having an inarguable stat.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:36:06 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I like having it there. For me, it's just some fun information to know. I actually find myself visiting the 3DS log pretty regularly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:37:39 AM PST
FOGE says:
Same here. I love keeping track on raptr for my other games.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions