Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

List the Last 5 Games You've Played Through and Rate Them

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 116 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 2:26:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 2:29:09 PM PST
BioShock-98-What? I play it over and over again.

Far Cry 3-88-Great story, and great game play. Too bad the MP is lousy, but the SP campaign is excellent no matter what.

Assassins's Creed 3-Never finished it, I liked it but then got bored with it quickly, and didn't touch it ever sense. It's dull and boring.

Dishonored-94-Probably the best game of 2013. Excellent art style, awesome game play, a game you can play over and over again.

Borderlands 2-91-Excellent RPG hybrid

Yeah, I lifted the scores from my reviews, but I review pretty much everything I buy.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 2:48:27 PM PST
Far Cry 3 - 3.5/4
Parasite Eve II - 3.5/4
Ico - 4/4
Journey - 4/4
Dishonored - 4/4

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 3:01:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 3:11:27 PM PST
Mrs. User says:
Woo! Look at you, making threads :) I like this.

Mass Effect: 9. Since I played 2 and 3 first, the shooting mechanic/power wheel seemed a little hard for me. Everything else was perfect. Love this game, the storytelling, the universe, all of it.

Batman AA: 9. Amazing combat, loved chaining combos, cool toys, great story, Riddler Challenges were great. I can't wait to play Batman AC.

Little Big Planet Karting: 8. I really enjoyed the game, it's tons of fun with local MP, and it has all the fun parts of LBP with the stickers, decorations, and karts. The gameplay is pretty much perfect, but I thought it was too short! (Don't tell me about UGC, I'm not listening...)

Resident Evil 6: 8. The health system and HUD were confusing as heck, and some of the new features didn't work like they wanted. But running and shooting, rolling and sliding were welcome and fun. Story kinda sucked in places, but I like RE so I forgive them.

Bulletstorm: 7. I was super late to the party with this one, but I really liked it. I didn't expect to like it, because I'm not a big fan of FPS but it was fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 3:06:44 PM PST
The Walking Dead - 9.5 - More of a movie than a game, but it was exhilarating, gripping and generally a well-written thrill ride. The decision aspect of it was perfectly-implemented, and it really makes you feel like you're part of the story.

Halo 4 - 9.0 - Easily the best of the series. Fantastic graphics, amazing story, challenging and exciting. Even the music, which has divided fans, was great.

Those are the only two I've played all the way through recently!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:04:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 7:17:26 PM PST
Lets see....

The Walking Dead - 9/10
Dishonored - 9/10
Borderlands 2 - 9/10
Hotline Miami - 8.5/10
Sleeping Dogs - 8/10

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:58:23 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
No Arkham city has a really bad story and its pretty short too, one of the reasons why its one of the worst games ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:00:41 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
Don't play Arkham City you will hate it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:00:53 PM PST
Arkham City is a fantastic game! The story is fantastic! It's so good, DC Comics decided to release an additional comic book series to expand it! It wasn't short at all, at least when playing AvJ!

The only game I can think of that might be better than Arkham City is Journey. Journey takes waaaaaay too long to finish though, so I think I'll go with AvJ.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:01:27 PM PST
No! Play Arkham City and then shoot me a line and we can play some AvJ! I'll even let you be Steve Perry!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:01:57 PM PST
I thought Journey was the worst game ever? Am I wrong?

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:03:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 6:04:33 PM PST
I have to say the "Arkham City is the worst game ever" troll is at the very least novel.

I'm not saying it's good schtick, but it's at least different schtick.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:05:19 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
I played Arkham city before and it sucks so bad it will force you to get a better game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:06:08 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
Well you are wrong journey is the second worst game ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:06:16 PM PST
Play some AvJ with me and I think you'll change your mind.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 7:15:56 PM PST
Meatwad says:
Borderlands 2: 9.5. So much damn fun. I have my beefs with the Spawn System and the inconstant difficulty that comes with TVHM, but the humor, sheer amount of content, art style and gameplay make me come back to this like crazy.

Hitman Absolution: 8.5. Hitman has a paper thin story and is a little overly linear in some spots. That being said, it gives a great challenge, beautiful graphics, awesome dynamic soundtrack and tight controls. That and the Contracts Mode is very fun.

Halo 4: 9.5. DAYUM. Couldn't believe how much fun I had with this. Campaign is a little too short but it's paced so well and tells a great story that it allows me to overlook it's problems. That and it's FREAKING GORGEOUS. Easily in my top three of 2012.

Dishonored: 9.5. At first, I was disappointed with it. I wasn't getting into the flow of the stealth and it was frustrating. But I stuck with it and fell head over heels with it's world, characters, visual style and level design. That and I was very satisfied with the ending I got (Low Chaos)!

The Walking Dead: 9.0. Just to get my problems out of the way: There were some weird ass glitches I encountered in Chapter 3, the controls are a bit a little too stiff and (SPOILERS) I was frustrated to hell and back with the after credits scene in Episode 5 (END SPOILERS). That being said, this game makes the TV Show look like Pee Wee's Playhouse in terms of sheer horror, tension and moments when I would scream at the screen. Clementine and Lee are easily some of the characters I've ever encountered in any form of media (especially Clem). Definitely worth what ever amount of money you may pay for this work.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:25:05 PM PST
Read the Walking Dead novels, they'll make the tv show look like you are watching the disney channel. I can not watch and detest the tv show because they are nowhere as dark and violent and the novels. I did love the game though 10/10 for me.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 1:18:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 4:04:46 AM PST
Resident Evil 6 - 8/10 - I can understand some of the negatives about this game, but despite that I have and am still having a blast with the new implementations in this one.

Batman Arkham City - 10/10 - I will always come back to this game. Although Arkham Asylum was more intimate in setting and I love just as equally, Arkham City proved it could encompass pretty much what a Batman game should be.

Grand Theft Auto Vice City iOS - 8/10 - A game revisited and a game still fresh.

Resident Evil Revelations - 7/10 - I purchased this game over 6 months ago and just finished it recently. Maybe thats why I didn't get the full experience, but still a somewhat solid entry in the Resident Evil canon.

Hotline Miami - 9/10 - "I've done so many horrible things... Nothing seems to matter any more, does it?"

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 6:10:26 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Ah, well, my kids are younger than that.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 6:12:28 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Also, seems I'm again alone in thinking a AAA title is noting special.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:39:34 AM PST
I guess you could say I did 7, but I'm an overachiever:

Pokemon Black/White - 9.25- I loved these 2 Games! IMO the best since Blue/Red, I didn't care at all for Sapphire/Ruby, Soul Silver got lazy, and Diamond/Pearl the battles just felt too slow. Would have given B/W a 10, but the story they jam down your throat got really annoying and was just pretty silly. Makes me sad that I need a 3DS to play X/Y

God of War: Origins (Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus) - 7.25 - GoS was the best of the two. CoO was way too short and pretty damn easy. GoS was funner, but the story just seemed kinda lame.

Mass Effect - 8.75 - Took me a little bit, but this game eventually got me hooked and I loved every minute of it. As you know Ps3 people just got this so the combat was a little dated and frustrating at first. Overall good story that makes me want to replay the entire trilogy.

Darkness II - 8 - This game was a lot better than I expected it to be. Definitely wasn't expecting that ending. I want to give Darkness I a shot.

Black Ops II - 6.5 - Its a CoD game, beat it in a day for $2. I'm tired of killing Russians and Terrorists.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 9:51:33 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Wait, does LBP Karting have local mp? My little sister got it for Christmas, and the box implied that it was online MP only.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 10:00:52 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
It has local MP.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 10:01:23 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
That is good to know.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 10:03:28 AM PST
Nightmare says:
New Super Mario Bros. U -- 9.0

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge -- 7.5 (Haven't actually beaten it, but I'm pretty far and I definitely get the idea)

Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition -- 9.5

ZombiU -- 9.5

Nintendoland -- 9.0

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 10:16:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 10:18:05 AM PST
Athas says:
Gothic 2&3 - 10 - My favorite action rpg trilogy. G3 was somewhere between 9&10, but I was feeling generous, given the years of hard work the community patch team put in.

Xenosaga 3 - 9 - Nice prequel conclusion leading up to PS1's Xenogears. Layout is similar to FFXIII corridor affect, but it does a better job lending the illusion of exploration and other rpg aspects.

Final Fantasy Tactics - 9 - This is still the best SRPG out there in my book, don't know why it took me so long to finally getting around to beating it.

Machinarium & Indies - 8 - Machinarium & Botanicula was the best of the bundle, Gemini Rue and To the Moon were the weaker links, but still can't beat the total price of $10. Still have Geneforge 1-5 left.

Assassin's Creed 1 - 8 - Came free with the AC revelations. Not as impressive as the near perfect AC2 which i started with, but definitely still worth playing.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  47
Total posts:  116
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions