Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

So I got Medal of Honor WF

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 4, 2012 12:51:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 6:11:44 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
The MP: hahaha, reminds me of CS:S and old school SOCOM. No lie on that one. PS2 graphics and all. I am assuming I don't have the extra texture pack installed (edit: I do have the texture pack installed, graphics are really bad). Interesting design to everything, don't know if I like it. Everything sounds pretty generic, but runs extremely smooth. So far map design is great. Good spawns. Everything seems pretty easy, guys die at the right time, things are running smoothly on MP. Very little lag latency issues for console, which is nice. You can throw grenades about 3 miles

(edit 11/5/2012)

Playing more of the MP last night, the spawn system is amazing and is done just right. Couple of different ways to respawn, 'fall back', on teammates, or in a chopper (that you repel down when you spawn). The 'killstreaks' aren't really killstreaks, they are just added bonuses to your guys specs. There is like 8 friggen classes you can chose from, all of those 8 classes have different guns, attachments, customizing options, and 'killstreaks'. One of the classes has a device on his helmet that lets you see where people are for a split second, it's pretty legit. Overall a fun experience, crappy graphics (but it makes the gameplay smooth) and a well balanced environment. Maps aren't small, but they aren't big either. The game modes are really fun, but some of them are challenging. One of them is kind of like a headquarters were you arm the bomb and defend (but it's longer than a S&D situation). They really did a great job with the on screen map, I really liked this the most. It's not too advanced but it tells you a lot more than the traditional COD or BF HUD maps.

Something else I'd like to point out, I love the thematic start up and main menu/selection screen. It feels like the old MoH games back in WW2. Everything feels unique.

Last night I was using my Sony Wireless headset with digital 7.1 surround sound; it provided a really nice experience to this game. Decent bass, guns sounded a little better, explosions were constantly going off everywhere and I could hear everyone around me.

There are a couple great additions to this game that serve the FPS MP tradition quite well. The map, smooth game play, all the different classes of soldiers you can chose from (and from which country you want), and spawn system all shine compared to other FPS MP games on the market.

All and all, I paid 49.99 with it. It was nice to support a dev that wasn't DICE or Treyarch/IW for once. Danger Close did a great job with the MP imo. It's really incomparable to BF3 because of pure map size and vehicles and what not. It's really comparable to SOCOM game types and COD physics.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 12:52:38 PM PST
yea i guess you don't lol i don't have MoH WF but BF3 was the same way without the texture pack

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 12:54:04 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
I installed the game, did all the downloads, but didn't see the texture pack anywhere?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 12:56:25 PM PST
Well i don't know where it is lol

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 1:12:12 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
I am actually impressed with this game, will it when any awards, hell no. But it definitely is easy to play, has plenty of things to unlock in MP, is highly customizable, and there seems to be a TON of players. Not to mention it's 10v10 on good size maps with plenty of different varieties of navigation.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 1:14:08 PM PST
Cinema Fan says:
I send my condolences.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 1:18:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 1:19:30 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
It's different and a touch intriguing, I did like the maps, but it's like you said a PS2 MP game. I liked the first one better, shouldn't the game be progressing not regressing ?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 1:19:16 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
Yeah, if this game came out in '04 it would have been legendary.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 1:21:01 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Cinema are you on parole ?

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 1:36:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 1:42:57 PM PST
Jon says:
My campaign highlights.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11IrJ_D21A8

wasn't a big fan of the multiplayer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 1:41:49 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
I hope you are just comparing the game to Socom graphically, and only graphically. Socom on PS2 is twenty times better than this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 1:43:02 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
Graphically and some of it's dynamics/customizing. I played Socom 2, and confrontation. Huge fan, I really want another SOCOM done well.

This game plays more like CS.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 2:25:59 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
I miss Socom soo bad. I was going to buy a PS3 just for Socom 4 but when the beta came out I couldn't believe how bad it was. The fact that Demolition was DLC was stupid. While I'm sad for all the devs that got fired when Zipper shut down they dug their own graves, well at least the higher ups who had all the say in the game. I haven't played confrontation but I remember it was hrrible at release, got a good update but then hackers took over.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 2:44:12 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
I an almost positive we will see another Socom game that's heavily MP based.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 4:05:19 PM PST
Cinema Fan says:
I've never been arrested....

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 11:38:51 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
I really really liked Socom Confrontation and that was Slant Six, I just sucked at the game bad, but that to me was a brilliant game. It had all those early issues and the majority bailed (loading times were endless) but when they fixed it was nails but most had already left and moved on to a COD game it was sad.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:50:03 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Yeah but there was a pretty huge loyal fan to Confrontation. I was dominate at the game, it was awesome. Physics were great, leaning was great, everything was awesome. All the extra maps were great.

Slant Six or Zipper, I just want another good SOCOM MP game.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 5:56:39 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
I updated the OP with a little information.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:44:02 AM PST
There's some potential, but I think they missed the mark. Especially with the graphics. Even on the highest settings on PC, it looks pretty bad in multiplayer.

The campaign looks nice, but it feels too restrictive. Like it's on rails or something. If you don't do exactly what they say, when they say to do it, it's reload from checkpoint time. Oh, you wanted to walk up there and shoot the guy instead of call in an airstrike (wasting thousands of dollars and involving collateral damage) for one guy? Nope, you tripped and died.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:51:56 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
It even looks bad on PC? Oh man. Glad I got it for PS3 then. (Trade in value)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:56:49 AM PST
Yeah, it has a lot of low-res textures and weird outlines and stuff. It's an almost universal complaint on the Battlelog forums. The 1st person weapons and soldier hands and stuff look nice, but the maps and objects look almost like something out of Rage or Borderlands. Almost like static pictures, not what I'd expect out of a Frostbite 2.0 game.

The single-player is beautiful, but kinda dumb. Like a stereotypical lingerie model. Great to look at, not much fun to spend more than a few minutes playing in. It feels like an interactive movie. The only variables are how many bullets you use to shoot people and which weapons you use, and that's nullifed by the fact that the stock gun is better than the AK-series weapons you can grab and you have unlimited ammo that you can grab from NPCs.
They make it very clear that you're playing their story. It isn't yours. You have no say in the matter. Watching a walkthrough on YouTube wouldn't be all that different from playing the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:59:44 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Yeah, I don't plan on playing the SP for awhile. The MP is still quite good even with it's flaws. Some weapons are much better than others, but I like the quick play style and cool game types.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:09:00 AM PST
I bought this release day and I love it. When you run with a partner it sets its self from other shooters. Its impossible to do good buy your self. I am getting black ops 2 next will i continue to play MOH? Yes COD doesnt provide that team work MOH:WF. I dont understand all the bad reviews?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:10:17 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
Nice video.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:11:01 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
People are rating it bad reviews because the length of the story, it has bad graphics on PC, generic graphics on console, and so on.

The game play though is truly nice. I wrote a review about it, click on my name.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Stealth D4 (new game from Swery) Release This Friday on Xbox One 2 2 minutes ago
Quality Bluetooth Headsets 0 4 minutes ago
sunset overdrive is silly, stylish, and incredibly smart 10 4 minutes ago
Zoe Quinn: 5 Things I Learned as the Internet's Most Hated Person (Also, it's a Cracked Article!) 107 5 minutes ago
OT: In a forum where the trolls roam freely and the console war rages, there is one last bastion of hope. Where the righteous make their final stand. They call it "the OT." 2152 7 minutes ago
OMG! Sony predicts another loss this fiscal year to the tune of $2.14 BILLION 3 12 minutes ago
Assassins Creed: Unity - Collectors Edition preorder $60 at Dell 26 15 minutes ago
Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer - Whao!!! 15 16 minutes ago
Final Fantasty IV came out on Steam today 9 19 minutes ago
3 free games; you must have the good gaming system to get them 11 28 minutes ago
OT: Just Listened to the Wall (fully) for the First Time in Over a Decade.... 25 29 minutes ago
Anyone like the Games Steel Beasts and winSPMBT? 0 31 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Nov 4, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions