Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The Walking Dead Discussion (TV show AND comics w/ comparisons)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2012 6:18:55 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:53 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:20:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 6:21:10 AM PST
Ice King says:
Thanks, we definitely needed this. It's been getting harder and harder not to make comparisons to the comic in that other topic.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:22:32 AM PST
Benpachi says:
The arena debut was entirely too corny on TV. That's really all that has bothered me since the first couple of episodes.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:22:39 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I just ordered Compendium 2 yesterday!

But I missed this week's episode.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:25:55 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Agreed. Meryl might as well have been using zombie heads to quote Hamlet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:26:56 AM PST
Benpachi says:
LOL, maybe that will be a bonus scene when it comes out on blu-ray.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:27:23 AM PST
Ice King says:
Yeah, it wasn't nearly as cool as I had been expecting. But it does make the town seem less evil than it did in the comics since the people fighting were both willing as opposed to some poor saps just thrown in with a bunch of zombies and made to fight for their lives.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:31:56 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
Yeah, I read it in the comics as being a huge stadium of people but the show was like 20 people on each side on some bleachers you sit at when your little cousin plays soccer. Very corny.

I'm excited to see if they make that white guy prisoner into a psycho like th comics did.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:35:41 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I saw the white guy prisoner more as a version of the biker guy in the comics (Axel?). Just because he was nice to Rick's group.

Maybe they will borrow that storyline and have a little murder mystery in the prison though.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:57:36 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
I think Rick losing his mind, getting the phone call, is too soon. A lot more stuff happens to him before he breaks in the comic.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 7:01:42 AM PST
********SPOILERS***********

sort of. It was right after Lori and the baby got shot during the Governor's raid of the prison, that the phone started ringing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:20:34 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
Oh yeah, he has gone nuts and is going to talk to her through that phone. Anyone in this thread who has read the comics and is watching the show probably already knew that by now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:22:33 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
I think the same thing but the audience is pushing for stuff to have a quicker pace when presented on TV so things seem rushed to us people who read the comics first.

My question is, what are they going to do if this show lasts until season 5? They are going way too fast with the show and are out pacing the comic by a large margin. By season 5 the show and comic will be about at the same place and then what are they going to do?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:24:59 AM PST
Junkiiiii says:
I read somewhere (can't recall) an interview with the creators of the show and they are not going to go with the serial killer storyline from the comics.

I missed this weeks episode as well so I have yet to see how corny the stadium is but has there been anything shown on the Governor's daughter?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:26:22 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Yeah you won't miss his daughter once you see last Sunday's episode.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:27:43 AM PST
Ice King says:
Yes, she's locked in a room in his house.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:36:56 AM PST
I hated how soon they threw that curve ball in and I'm going to hate how they play it out once the group finds out. Part of the draw to phone is that Rick is the only one who knows about it (until he confides in Michonne at Washington and she tells him about talking to her dead ex and letting him guide her) and we get to watch Rick struggle with the knowledge that yes he is insane but he has to keep functioning because he still has Carl.

Also I think putting Andrea and Michonne together in Woodbury like this is way worse than how things played out in the comics. I honestly can't stand Andrea's character in the show because she is so back and forth on every damn issue and can't seem to make up her mind. Someone that was a strong character in the comics has become this little cling on who is incapable of doing anything on her own.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:38:24 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
You see her in the most recent episode and find out that she hasn't been taking care of her scalp that well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:03:10 AM PST
Smarty says:
i expect post woodbury to see Andrea start to become the badass that she is. i completely agree that they have ruinedher character as of now.

my main interest at this point is watching carl`s slow turn, as far as character development is concerned.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:12:33 AM PST
Even then I'm doubting how much of a bad ass she'll be because a lot of her determination came from Dale and he's refusal to give up on the world and those around him. Their relationship never did anything in the show and thus that aspect of Andrea is completely lost. Sure she's still a decent shot but all she's been doing is leaning on everyone around her and now she's looking like she's going to be the helpless victim being held by Woodbury.

Carl's story is missing a ton of aspects as well what with Sophia being dead now (no creepy conversations with little miss crazy pants) and the twins aren't in the comics so that aspect is going to be completely glossed over as well. Sure shooting his mom probably did some mental damage but I'm doubting how much of Dark Carl we're actually going to see on the show with so many aspects gone from the comics.

If they don't cut off Rick's hand I might just stop watching the show.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:18:40 AM PST
Ice King says:
I don't think Rick's going to lose his hand. They've already done the hand thing with Merle, and they just recently cut off Herschel's foot. Maybe they could have Merle do it for revenge, but I don't see them doing it again.

Carl does still seem to be getting darker. He might not have Sophia, but he sort of has Herschel's other daughter (I forget her name). Even if she's a few years older and a few feet taller, he's the closest to her age in that group. She could turn out to be pretty crazy. She already tried to kill herself.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:28:12 AM PST
They have to take his hand though because that is a huge part of his character development and the man he becomes. I think Merle is going to play a part in it but I think the Governor will still ultimately do it. I imagine Rick being captured like in the comics but Merle gets a chance to work him over for some revenge. He'll beat the crap out of him and then the Governor walks in wondering what the hell Merle is doing before saying something like "That isn't how you break man, first you need to cripple him!" then cutting his hand off or something along those lines.

I'm not sure about Hershel's other daughter, I've been thinking she might be the one to pull a Carol from the comics and suicide via zombie but we'll see what happens with that. Carl is definitely getting darker but like Rick's character development I don't think it works too well with what has been happening to them. I still think Rick in the show is acting like he's already been through Woodbury and lost the prison.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:29:45 AM PST
Benpachi says:
"I still think Rick in the show is acting like he's already been through Woodbury and lost the prison."

Agreed, I didn't expect him to lose it already.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:33:03 AM PST
Yea I almost threw the bull shit flag when the phone started ringing. Yes he just lost his wife but to go off the deep end that fast when they've been dealing with death for some time? Doesn't really add up.

Now after seeing Lori and Judy get blown in half by a shotgun, all his other friends murdered, losing his hand, and then nearly dying in front of Carl after escaping. Yea I can understand going a little nuts after that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 10:35:24 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Same here, dood. Made perfect sense to lose his shit in the comics, but it was pretty much out of nowhere on the show, comparitively.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions