Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Far Cry 3 impressions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 357 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 4, 2012 1:32:02 PM PST
elect Tron says:
Thought I'd start the thread.

Been playing the game for about an hour and a half (PS3 version) and it seems really good so far. The combat feels really, really good, and the crafting system is interesting, streamlined for easy use, and very enjoyable. Really digging the locale and the different terrains. Vehicles feel good...each of the three I've driven feels very distinct from the last.

Only complaint so far is the quest system...kind of wish it had a quest log that is more in line with the way modern RPGs do it. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems you can only take on one side quest at a time. Anyways, small complaint for what seems like an excellent game so far. I'm glad I day oned this one!

What do you all think so far?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 1:42:40 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:30 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 1:42:50 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Lucky.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 1:43:09 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:30 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 1:43:33 PM PST
Kendahl says:
Which is better, Far Cry 3 or Just Cause 2?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 1:43:35 PM PST
elect Tron says:
It does have grass. Flags waving in the wind, too.

I'm sure these two things look better on 360.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 1:43:59 PM PST
elect Tron says:
I didn't like Just Cause 2 very much, so you're probably asking the wrong person.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 2:09:37 PM PST
Excellent Single Player, although the MP, honestly, isn't really good. It doesn't do anything interesting.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 2:31:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2012 2:32:00 PM PST
well i have it on the PC and after 3 hours of getting the FPS to not be 15... I'm still just starting. So far I'm not overly amazed, but it is an impressive game thus far. What bothers me is even with a brand new, and extremely powerful PC... I can only get my FPS up to 30. Though it stays at it constantly at least.

I was a tiny bit annoyed that All i use steam for is to launch another hub device known as uplay... kinda seems redundant.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 2:37:11 PM PST
"I was a tiny bit annoyed that All i use steam for is to launch another hub device known as uplay"... And this is why a new powerful PC can't exceed 30FPS.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 2:42:20 PM PST
Iso says:
I will be checking this out on my PC, will update soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 2:47:06 PM PST
elect Tron says:
I hate Uplay. It's the reason I didn't get this game on PC. I avoid Ubisoft on the PC platform.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 2:54:41 PM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
Ubisoft sucks so bad when it comes to PC games.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 3:07:39 PM PST
Yes there is pot in the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 4:40:53 PM PST
Voice of god says:
Just Cause 2, because Just Cause 2 is better than all of the things.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 5:37:42 PM PST
played it for a few more hours, now that my FPS seems stable it's more entertaining.

But I have to admit not completely all that I expected. Though I think it will be more fun once I start unlocking weapon slots, it will still take the same course of Skyrim which is boring storyline, fun to sandbox and do side quests and eventually just be cycled out once I have had some fun in it. I don't plan to do everything, in fact I know I won't.

BL2 is to me the better FPS :3

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:46:32 PM PST
JJ4prez says:
its not your pc... its crappy uplay.... man i really wanted this on pc too. guess i will wait for a price for ps3.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 8:04:29 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Have you DL'd the newest drivers?

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/amd_nvidia_push_out_new_graphics_drivers_primed_far_cry_3134

The wait is over, Far Cry 3 is here and available on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and of course our favorite gaming platform, the PC. To kick things off on a high note, both AMD and Nvidia have released new GPU drivers -- AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta and Nvidia GeForce 310.70 -- that promise to deliver big performance gains in Far Cry 3 (by as much as 38 percent in some cases), as well as a few other titles.

Let's start with AMD. The chip designer's latest beta drivers improve performance by up 25 percent with 8xMSAA and SSAO enabled at 1600p, and up to 15 percent with 8xMSAA and HDAO enabled. A few other games receive a performance boost as a result of the 12.11 beta series, but AMD also focused on resolving a bunch of issues, including system hangs and a missing font issue in XBMC, to name just two.

Nvidia's driver offers an even higher performance boost in Far Cry 3, at least for GeForce GTX 680 graphics card owners, who can expect up to a 38 percent boost. Double digit percentage gains are also found in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (up to 26 percent), Battlefield 3 (up to 16 percent), and Assassin's Creed III (up to 18 percent).

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 8:07:03 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I was watching a stream for a little while the other night and the dude was playing on PC and it was beautiful and smooth as hell.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 8:34:36 PM PST
Interesting...as I was playing FC3 today (only about an hour and a half in), I kept thinking that it reminds me of JC2. I loved JC2, and this "feels" a lot like that, but without the grappling (which is a bummer) and with a better story (which is a plus). Both awesome.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 8:53:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2012 9:10:17 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Jumped into MP for ten minutes to peep it before I jump into story mode. Looks good, jungle maps a nice change. I don't like the "realistic" bobbing up and down as I traverse the map too bouncy, and when you get killed there's a repetitively push x button to help revive yourself that's annoying, however I do like the ability to revive or be revived by your teamates, that's a great addition, but for a throw in to the assumed brilliant SP story it's better than I expected for a MP mode. OK on to the SP...

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 9:47:29 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:31 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 10:06:18 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 4, 2012 10:34:12 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 12:55:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2012 8:24:25 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
If you are RPG guy I'm sure you'll love this game. Crafting, collecting, picking flowers, and herbs aka gathering, skipping accross the landscape hunting for pelts to craft bows and arrows, and crafting many other things, but just seems monotonous to me and brilliantly makes the game much longer than it really is. If you are going to invest a ton of time in this game there is a lot here, but just like I said seems tedious to me.

The multiplayer is fun, mainly because you can revive your teamates, completely changes the strategy and makes it more of a game. I wonder why COD series hasn't figured this out ? When you win it shows you and your teamates and your scores and the highest scorer on the winning team choses whether he wants to humiliate the loser with the highest score by smacking him around that's cool.

I enjoyed the voice acting and story line they did a really excellent job with that, but those are small tidbits between your long hunting and gathering missions driving or time traveling accross the map to slaughter a pack of boars to make a cigarette lighter holder out of leather with 5 pelts.

I'm not going to knock it because I personally didn't like it, I get why peeps would like it, but the amazing reviews are overrating this game to me.

One of the best FPS' ever made ? No. I wouldn't even call it a FPS myself. Cabala's Big Game Hunter and GOTY ? No. They fixed a lot of things from Far Cry 2 especially the time saver thing and malaria, but I enjoyed that game more myself.

GOTY? No. Hitman, MP3, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, XCOM all better than FarCry3 AKA Cabala's Big Game Hunting & Gathering 3

I spent more time fighting provoked animals than I do the baddies.

7.5/10

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 3:50:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2012 4:27:51 AM PST
I have to agree, I wanted to take multiple quests and i couldn't. it was a bummer. Also I hate how it constantly reminds me to go to such and such a place to continue the storyline.

And Mayo, Yes I did find the drivers, thank you though! They did help but only a little bit. I should still be able to get more than 30FPS out of this machine. But 30 is an acceptable lagish free number and it doesn't seem to go below that so I will take it!

Couple other things both good and bad!

Pros:
+ I do like the crafting, though I wish leaves could stack... seriously a leaf barely takes any space at all, hundreds could fit in a tiny bag, but I know why they didn't so I accept it
+ Voice Acting is nice, and the jungle island is beautiful
+ I Like the different weapon choices and variety
+ Like the skill trees

Cons:
- I Don't like the one quest at a Time deal
- The AI is.... pretty dumb. Not the worst I've ever seen, but not even average
- I Despise the games Inventory System, and having to constantly hit the "ESC" key to see new updates, then hit it 4 more times to get back to the game
- I Despise the inventory management as well, Let me select all the items I want to sell and sell them at once, this includes items the quick sell feature does NOT cover.
- The shop system could use a little work
- Ran into the same issue I had with Skyrim which is, occasional badguys then loooots of mostly empty space.

Other than that it's a fun game to play, I would say that the 9/10, 9.5/10 it seems to be getting are a bit too high, but they are opinions and in my opinion the game sits at a 7.5/10, maybe an 8/10 once I unlock a new weapon slot :p. Also I think i'm just spoiled because of how Awesome BL2 is.

EDIT: Ya know i take that back, I would say 7, maybe 7.5. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of enemies to kill and that saddens me.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Weekend gaming 06/24 - 06/26: Obama criticisizes publication of top fast food in conjunction with E3 conference. "We already have an obesity epidemic, the last thing I need is Phil Spencer encouraging people to shovel down Chick Fil A waffle fries." 51 9 minutes ago
OT: Independence Day: Resurgence is a critical bomb 11 20 minutes ago
OT: My Fame: An Update 4 30 minutes ago
Anybody Else Dislike The New Amazon Video Game Pages? 16 36 minutes ago
The Death Penalty - Yay or Nay? 0 57 minutes ago
Male sexual dysfunction is primarily Physical, while Female sexual dysfunction is primarily Mental 5 59 minutes ago
OT: Conservatives Hurt the Economy Once Again: Global stocks tumble after Britain votes to leave the EU 35 1 hour ago
OT: I upgraded from iPhone to Galaxy and I'm so glad I did 105 1 hour ago
CDC Study on Gun Violence DESTROYS Obama's New Gun Control Push 63 1 hour ago
Snowflake's (D. Snow) Necrobumping 93 1 hour ago
Xbox One S Is Not 40% Smaller. Microsoft Caught In A Lie And More False Advertising. 8 1 hour ago
Ot: Hillary: I'll Fix Obama's Lousy Economy By Applying More Of His Failed Policies 9 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  357
Initial post:  Dec 4, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions