Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Official Assassins Creed 3 Thread ***(Spoilers)***

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 10:03:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 10:04:23 AM PST
I feel like theres always a thread for a new popular game, where the eff is AC3's??? Here! Remembers

*****Spoilers*****

So last night I finished the main missions and watched the final cut scene. What did everyone else think?

As most Assassins Creed ending it left me thinking wtf. Normally, I'm cool with that, but this was suppose to be it. I really think the story started to get lazy. Unless I'm missing something it seems that "the ones who came before" left us a trail of bread crumbs to find a way to stop the world from ending. However, Minerva shows up and is like well we didnt know this bitch Juno was going to use it against us so........let the world end or else she'll enslave the world. and where the hell was Jupiter?

I do find it odd that Desmond picked to save her. Assassins fight the Templars who want to control the world and they just released some kind of powerful being whose going to be a lot harder to defeat. Also Minerva even said we wouldn't all die, but we would just have to rebuild. That seems like a better option. The Templar dead and the Assassins are in charge. Freedom would be achievable. I guess this means.........

Assassins Creed 4 coming 11.12.13

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:14:46 AM PST
I have no idea whats going on now after seeing the ending. I wish they would just take the whole present day Desmond-Animus stuff out and just focus on Assassins through out history.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:58:29 AM PST
well this is disappointing

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:23:06 PM PST
Yeah it seems this game didn't get much love here. That's too bad because I loved it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:24:22 PM PST
Yung says:
It was all about the greater good. If Desmond didn't touch the pedestal, eventually a new order of Templars would rise.

Desmond believed in saving the world. Even if Juno was in control, an Assassin would prevail in taking her down

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 1:16:47 PM PST
LogJam says:
Assassin's Creed games are the kings of anticlimactic endings. Blue-balls for days

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:31:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 1:33:46 PM PST
Bobbum Man says:
"That seems like a better option"

You realize civilization would have been decimated. 99% of the population gone. It's not like some minor event where maybe you lose a couple thousand people. It meant there would only be a couple thousand left.

It was really a choice between 2 evils. You either save the Earth and risk being enslaved by some mysterious Mass Effect 3 style apparition or you let humanity be destroyed and after hundreds of years of rebuilding let them fall under the control of the new "Templars" because after "Jesus" Desmond's death in Minerva's vision it showed people manipulating his gospel to fit their own beliefs.

I think Desmond's was the better choice because you'd still have a chance at defeating Minerva. Or Juno. Whichever one he sided with.

But really, each ending results in humanity being enslaved in some fashion, whether literally by Juno or in the form of religion as shown in Minerva's explanation.

I was confused...but I play for the historical stories 1st and the nonsensical future earth destruction story 2nd. Alhough, the last Desmond mission was pretty awesome.

*Edit - I think Ubisoft explained AC3 is the end of Desmond. No way they'd completely shut down the franchise.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:40:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 1:43:12 PM PST
but then the issue becomes, are we fighting the Templars or are we fighting for Freedom?

Also, if Desmond is optimistic enough to think that humanity can overthrow their creators, why isnt it possible that we not develop the Templar order?

And think about this. Suppose we overthrow Juno, then isn't it possible that the Templars come back after?

Either way life sucks I suppose, but I mean that world is so corrupt that it wouldn't be terrible if they got the chance to start over again. Yea it sucks that 99% of humanity will die, but we all die one day. And whose to say Juno won't execute those who oppose her? Could be some serious deaths caused in her rise to power. Also this bitch seems to hate humans. Did you read those emails she sent Desmond? lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:55:27 PM PST
Bobbum Man says:
Yeah, she was messed up. 1st Civ hated humans (used them as slaves) and only bred with them to ensure their DNA's survival as they were going to survive the 1st flare since their numbers were greater.

The way I see it (thinking ahead to AC4) a big theme of AC3 was working together with the Templars, both Desmond and Connor mention it to the father/Achilles and Connor actually does work Haytham. I think AC4 is going to be about Assassin's and Templars trying to work together to overcome this new, powerful threat.

It was the lesser of two evils, Desmond's decision.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 1:57:38 PM PST
Meth Panther says:
wait...I thought this game was about the Revolutionary War?

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 2:00:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 2:00:52 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
How good is this game ? That one review I posted int he VGF was a AC lifer even worked on AC2 Brotherhood and he gave it a measly 6/10. It looks like the coolest one to me Rev War sounds like a great theme/time period, but I've only played the 1st one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:05:11 PM PST
I think the game is great. GOTY material for sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:10:13 PM PST
Thats a good point about working together.

This is a great game, I don't think its quite GOTY, I still give the nod to ME3

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:17:48 PM PST
Bobbum Man says:
It's GOTY for me for sure. Both had serious WTF endings but luckily I was expecting that with Creed and not so much with ME3.

Interesting thought - Shaun mentions taking the Animus back to the time of the 1st Civ. I think it would be awesome to have a new protagonist in the modern day have to travel to an ancestor in the 1st Civ time period to try and find a way to defeat Juno.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 5:04:37 AM PST
waxc3 says:
we have a 314 post topic on here for Acreed3. kinda died out over the weekend though.

im in the new york missions and got bored of the game. enough broken moments that needed a break for a while.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
FFXIV and Canadians screwed on Amazon.com® Summer DLC Campaign! 4 2 minutes ago
Why doesn't the Black Male take better care of his Children? 4 2 minutes ago
Will Sony ever have a good racing game? 20 18 minutes ago
Transformers: The Movie 30th Anniversary Blu-ray! 2 21 minutes ago
AMD RX 480 : The new King for 1080p PC gaming? Gaming benchmarks from Digital Foundry 27 23 minutes ago
Overwatch discussion thread 1634 36 minutes ago
OT: Is planning the second wedding supposed to be more stressful than the first? 56 36 minutes ago
Xbox co-creator wants to see online cross play between Sony and ms. 49 43 minutes ago
Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour 68 53 minutes ago
Apple gives SF Sodomy Parade attendees a pathetic rainbow watch band, worth about 50 cents 29 56 minutes ago
Anyone else think that the Steam Sale Sucks? 2 58 minutes ago
Batman: Return to Arkham Officially Delayed 8 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions