Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Tiny Tina Mission that was cut :(

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2012 10:30:43 AM PST
FOGE says:
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1701393/borderlands_2_the_tiny_tina_mission_that_was_cut.html

Borderlands 2: The Tiny Tina Mission That Was Cut

Ryan King

It was supposed to be the only time that Tiny Tina drops her 'insane manic tone'

Published on Nov 29, 2012

Anthony Burch, lead writer of Borderlands 2, has expressed his regret over a quest cut out of the final version.

During a Reddit AMA, Burch talks about the challenges of creating personalities for the original vault hunters, working as a writer at Gearbox and he also touches on a certain quest objective that was cut out.
"After a certain character dies, you get a quest to go tell all of that character's friends that the person is dead," explained Burch. "Originally, you were going to go tell Tiny Tina and she - for the first and only time in the game - would lose her insane manic tone and actually get really solemn.

"She'd thank you for telling her and ask you to leave, before disappearing into her workshop. And then, if you moved really close to the workshop, you could hear her quietly sobbing. I'm bummed we didn't get to implement that."

He also touches on the 'game critic' quest in the new Borderlands 2 DLC, Torgue, which drew attention for the way it addressed review scores.

"It was a response to the weird way that people tend to react toward review scores," said Burch, "something I experienced firsthand while working as a reviewer at Destructoid."

Foge: I cant believe they cut out Tina. I want MOAR!!! Though this mission lacked my favorite part: her "insane manic tone."

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:39:31 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
If you want more Tiny Tina play the new DLC.

And the game critic mission was easily the best part of the entire thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:40:09 AM PST
FOGE says:
Good to know. Havent got to the DLC yet. Way too much on my gaming plate.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 12:44:18 PM PST
K Archer says:
Yeah, it was definitely good for a laugh :)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 12:48:54 PM PST
Benpachi says:
So they didn't want to add more depressing scenes, I have no problem with that. BL2 bummed me out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 1:06:31 PM PST
The Drizzle says:
i played a little of it the other day to beef up my level a little bit before moving on with the story in TVHM. pretty fun so far, but i went back to the story when i beeed up a bit. 5 more levels to go

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 1:52:41 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I made it to like 3k exp away from 48, gonna go back and farm Moxxi pictures one of these days.

I'm not sure I'll ever go back to TVHM unless they increase the level cap.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 1:55:28 PM PST
The Drizzle says:
i have wasted alot of money soloing TVHM, but i am doing okay. the next thing on my list is opportunity.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 1:59:10 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I made it to rescuing Roland from the Dam.

I'm just not too interested in replaying the same content, expecially with so many other great games out or coming out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 2:01:17 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
You're 48 and just got there? I think I just hit 43 and finished the wildlife preserve in TVHM.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 2:53:53 PM PST
Yeah, Tiny Tina is the most memorable character for me due to her tone of voice. Gotta love her character. Sobbing from her? Man, that really hurt consider she always feel positive despite her parents died. I will look forward to uncut, game of the year edition next year or so. Yes, I have Borderlands 2 already and I will buy again for full bundle edition. That's how much I enjoy the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 2:56:16 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Not exactly, I stopped TVHM around level 41 or so, got to 48 doing the 2 DLCs.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 5:12:06 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
That makes a lot more sense. I did the first DLC in the first playthrough since I had just finished the main game and would've gotten stomped otherwise. I'll re-do it in playthrough 2 once I beat it again to level everything to 50.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:33:49 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
I really wish they had kept this part of the mission in the final cut of the game. I think that would have added much more emotion to the character on Tiny Tina and made her even better.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 9:00:42 PM PST
Meatwad says:
I found some of the audio files of her reaction while surfing on Youtube. It's pretty hard to listen to.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:09:53 PM PST
K Archer says:
Its hard to say. That was a pretty depressing point of the game, and making it even more-so could make that part just really hard to play.

Yeah, you get the whole characterization bit...but from everything else in the game, Tina isn't that..."soft". After all, she tortures and kills Flesh Stick with a smile (and not a psycho-madness, <insert evil laugh here> smile [she's not evil, after all], but more a "sorry, but you were responsible for killing my parents so I'm going to kill you for it and be happy they're avenged" kinda smile)

Maybe as an optional objective (maybe even with a warning or something) for the mission, but honestly, I'd rather not hear her cry.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:34:27 AM PST
FOGE says:
link?

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 5:52:15 AM PST
Why would they cut part of the game that adds depth of emotion? I hope that they later release it, as it can add to the realism of losing someone that you care for. Heaven forbid a game character be portrayed in a human manner.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 6:38:01 AM PST
Meatwad says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=HD4WrEpO_JA

It's around 4:22.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 6:45:17 AM PST
Instead, we got the little azz-tarded blurb after you're done talking to everyone in Sanctuary of Tiny Tina's "Kill Jack" poem.

So they took out a pretty awesome little adventure and replaced it with something that a 5 year old could have written.

Nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 6:48:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 6:49:27 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
A pretty awesome little adventure? Listening to a girl cry?

sounds like another case of whiny gamers getting upset about something pointless.

This is Borderlands 2, not some melodramatic JRPG, what they left in the game was more than sufficient.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 6:50:44 AM PST
FOGE says:
Thanks man. And dont worry, Ill listen to the whole thing. Tiny Tina is my girl!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 7:01:23 AM PST
Sounds like you got your feelings hurt....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 7:01:49 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Nope.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 7:22:32 AM PST
I see your point though.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions