Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

If the PS4 charges for multiplayer will you buy it?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 178 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 20, 2013 4:53:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 5:09:22 AM PST
M. says:
A lot of rumors seem to suggest that Sony is going to be charging for online multiplayer with the PS4, would that bother you VGF?

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 5:06:11 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I already pay for Plus. I'm sure if they did, it would be bundled in with that service. I would probably never use it for MP. I have probably put less than 30 hours in MP this entire generation.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 5:07:47 AM PST
It really depends on if it was already included in plus service. Since I am already a plus member I would not mind it. However, if it was like xbox live in which I really do not get anything. I can live without it. The only reason I am still a live memeber is because I bought like 5 cards back in the day and everything just rolled over.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 5:26:58 AM PST
FOGE says:
I'll buy the PS4 almost no matter what. I really like a lot of the game franchises on Playstation and games are the main reason I buy consoles.

Even if the DualShock sends an electric current through my body every time I die, I ll still by a Playstation 4.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 5:28:06 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
If they bundled it with PS+, I wouldn't mind.

If they did PS+ and a online surcharge, then I would never buy it. I have no problem with a Wii U / PC combo.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 5:35:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 5:35:45 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Metal Gear is the only game I can't live without. I guess they could port it to the Wii U, but the only non-crappy Metal Gear game to show up on a Nintendo system was Metal Gear Solid GBC.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 5:36:22 AM PST
new Tron says:
This, pretty much.

I'm hoping they include that Gaikai cloud streaming into a bundle that includes all the PS+ perks. If online multiplayer was included with that, then I'd take the plunge. I won't, however, pay just to play online multiplayer.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 5:37:38 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Fox, the Wii U will blow up. When Wind Waker comes out, Monster Hunter is released, etc etc. Once that happens, 3rd parties will definitely give it another go, or try it out, by putting games on the U.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 5:38:10 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Yes, drop XBL and give Sony my money

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 5:38:37 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Yeah, Gaikai should be a PS+ thing. I don't mind paying for PS+ if they still provide all their great discounts and free games. But I won't pay for Gaikai or online multiplayer.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 5:47:32 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
Sure, I don't play COD or Halo anymore, so it's not worth much to me.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 6:06:41 AM PST
Sure. I wouldn't be so petty as to let something like that stop me.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 6:09:31 AM PST
As long as the rest of the + benefits stay intact, I suppose. I mean this is assuming the thing plays used games and such.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 6:12:19 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I can guarantee you all the fanboys who scream and whine about Microsoft charging for a Gold subscription will be throwing their credit cards at their monitors the second Sony announces a similar service.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:14:08 AM PST
FOGE says:
Well, Sony gives you free games with Plus. M$ gives you free ads with Live.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:14:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 6:15:28 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Yes, "free" games. I can see this will be the rationalization now when it is inevitably announced.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:15:19 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
It's not hard to see the value in a Plus subscription vs an XBL Gold account. I'm sure that many people would still "scream and whine" if it was an additional charge just for MP.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 6:15:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 2:26:37 PM PST
The hypocrisy in this thread is overwhelming.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:16:07 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
And routinely offers 75% off of games, plus hour long trials of games, cloud saving, auto-updating/downloading/installing.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:16:57 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
There is no hypocrisy here. Many people on this board are already Plus members. Sony hiding MP play behind a very nice pay wall that actually has value isn't the same as what MS does.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:17:41 AM PST
Fidel Amaya says:
MGS 4 was the primary reason I bought a PS3. Then i noticed the exclusives the PS3 had. Have always wanted to buy a 360 but just cant seem to pay for one.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:18:10 AM PST
It isn't? I rather think it's exactly the same thing.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 6:20:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 6:21:24 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Plenty of hypocrisy. It doesn't matter how they got you to pay in the first place. They got you to pay.

Doesn't bother me. I'll pay for it, specially since they are bringing Party chat and they are committed to evolving the service.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:20:15 AM PST
If Sony did this the only difference from psn+ and xblg is the one free game a month which Microsoft and easily provide.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:23:49 AM PST
JWK says:
Plus usually gives you about 3 free games a month. More if you have a Vita. Plus the games they discount often get a deeper cut with Plus. So, no. "One free game a month" still wouldn't be the only difference. Especially since "paying to play online" doesn't necessarily mean Sony will hide Netflix and Hulu Plus behind a pay wall, as well.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  178
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions