Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Call of Duty: Like it or Dislike it?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 82 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 11, 2012 9:27:34 AM PST
NeoStar9 says:
I like it but simply tired of it though. I've played a lot of FPS over the last few years and Call of Duty does bring an experience where I can jump in do a few matches and then jump out. The ease it offers and quick satisfaction is great. However I can only do it for so long before it becomes old to me even with new additions and changes. After several games, including the latest, I think I'm done.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 9:23:32 AM PST
On this issue, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 7:04:07 AM PST
That is almost every conservative in Western Civilization. Which is a major issue I have with almost every conservative in Western Civilization.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 6:54:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 7:33:54 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
I am actually on the boat of BO2 being the best COD to date. Even over COD4 which is A LOT for me to say.

There were a lot of great changes, and the 'killstreaks' are now 'scorestreaks'. Which was a simple but SMART change.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:08:31 AM PST
I honestly never met anyone whose reason for joining was "movies/games made it look cool!"

And the effect can't be that pronounced, since the vast majority of CoD players never join. You know what really pisses me off, though? People who advocate war and who are unwilling to go fight themselves.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 5:07:29 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
yep

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 5:05:19 AM PST
The world is a very ugly place, regardless of what the US gov't has or has not done over the past 200 years.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 4:52:50 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
"No piece of media can truly convey the real emotions of war. "

I agree with what you say in theory, but I think that in practice, it does make people more willing. Now, once they actually get into a real life battle, then I refer back to Lt. Col Grossman's book, since that is the reality regardless of any training, will, or intent before you get in the s#$t. I actually do think that popular media does give people more of a drive to pursue violent occupations. Ultimately though, it's a mixed bag. Personally, I'm not opposed to it. I dont really want people to have to see warfare up close, but I do want them to be willing to do so if necessary.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 4:31:42 AM PST
I enjoy the Modern Warfare Campaign. Other than that I could care less about COD. The fanboys ruin it for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 4:27:12 AM PST
I don't really buy the desensitizing argument. You can grow up playing violent games and watching violent movies, go to war, and still be horrified at things you see.

No piece of media can truly convey the real emotions of war.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 4:22:48 AM PST
No one joins the military because of CoD. That said, the games do glamorize war, which is something I take issue with.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 11:07:22 PM PST
Like. Assuming rest of the first shooters failed, I can always count on CoD series.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 9:24:59 PM PST
Rockhardly says:
"Playing CoD may very well glamorize war and distort their world views."

I don't think you're giving teens enough credit. They're not all blubbering idiots.

I know plenty of people 50+ who have views so distorted by things like The Expendables it would take your breath away. I knew more about the world around me and the nature of war when I was 12 than they do now - and they've never played a video game in their lives.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 7:59:15 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
I have agree with that Call of duty sucks period. But I have only played one game in the series and thats
Call of Duty 2. If want a fps with a great campaign and great multiplayer I highly suggest Halo:Reach.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 7:46:17 PM PST
I can understand why.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 7:25:34 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I got my 360 day 1 and with it CoD 2. It was my intro to the next gen and it blew me away. Even today the game holds up, at least for me. Then they changed it up with Modern Warfare. But I started to tire of it and the campaign got shorter and shorter. I could not get into MW2....I just beat Black Ops and loved it. I liked just sitting back and blowing stuff up. The campaign was nearly the right length, though admittedly it could have been longer.

I sometimes wonder if CoD has become the so called "elite" gamers game to hate on because it is "cool" to do so, much like Transformers or the Prequels are to movie buffs or nerds. CoD delivers on what it says it will, a non-thinking diversion where you shoot things for a few hours like Transformers. At one time I thought I was too "cool" for CoD but I am now a fan....SP only though. I have yet to play MP.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 7:06:54 PM PST
I dislike all modern war shooters equally. I dislike all modern war movies equally.

There may be a few exceptions. I don't spend enough time researching them to know.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 6:50:49 PM PST
I like Halo and Doom 3 much better.

Also, Duke Nukem Forever.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 6:45:02 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
Lol. That's pretty awesome actually!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 5:52:26 PM PST
That's cool! My buddy was a huge fan of Goatwhore back in high school. It's kinda funny, I've been playing Splatterhouse and Goatwhore was actually mentioned in the game. Gave me a bit of a knowing chuckle, heh.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 5:20:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2012 5:21:40 PM PST
[G.H.O.S.T.] says:
Dislike.

The series basically profits off of war, which is nothing one should profit from. War is very real, it isn't a game, and military FPS games are a slap to the face of those who defend our freedom daily.

That said, rabid CoD fans really get on my nerves. I hate when a new CoD game is on the horizon, because it ends up being all I hear about. People around me know I'm a gamer, and they just assume I'm gonna be the first one in line ready to clunk down $60 for the latest CoD game. Then they want me on their team because, since I game all year round and not just when a new CoD drops, I *must* be pretty good at it.

Then these people are in utter disbelief when I tell them that I have no interest in getting CoD (or any other FPS-of-the-month for that matter). "What!?!? You're not getting CoD!?!? Why not!?? I thought you liked video games!!"

I almost develop a twitch from all the eyerolling I end up doing every November.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 5:10:16 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
Paegan is my fave of the two. As a little side note, an old friend of mine is the singer of Goatwhore, and one of the dudes from Acid Bath is in that band.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 4:57:48 PM PST
Aging Gamer says:
Sure...your in the wrong discussion though sonny.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 4:55:57 PM PST
It's the internet, get used to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 4:55:41 PM PST
I'm a huge fan of Welcome to Sky Valley by Kyuss. That album is just THE BEST ALBUM EVER when listening to it in a "higher state." One of the guys from Queens of the Stone Age was in that originally, so there's that whole legacy there.

I remember listening to Dr Dre's The Chronic 2001 when I was blitzed once. I normally can't stand big bass and sub-woofers and all of that but at that moment, I understood it for about 20 minutes. I was amazed.

On the topic of Acid Bath, which of the two albums did you like better? I've always been more partial to Pagan Terrorism Tactics but most people seem to prefer the first.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Alan Wake review 6 16 seconds ago
DS4 Controller Sticks Rubber design failure... 71 16 seconds ago
Sony doesn't understand security: Why PlayStation Network is such an attractive target for hackers 75 57 seconds ago
Games That Felt Like They Were Rushed and Incomplete 75 1 minute ago
Metro Redux: what it's really like to develop for PS4 and Xbox One 14 1 minute ago
Worldwide Weekly Hardware Chart 16th August 2014! Playstation Supremacy! Xbox One: It's Bad, Man. Really Bad! 39 1 minute ago
OT: Russian Forces Back Rebels With Tanks in Eastern Ukraine 5 2 minutes ago
MIA*² 3492 4 minutes ago
Fatal Frame V Info 6 5 minutes ago
OT: If You're Opposed to Cuteness, Don't Watch This Video 7 5 minutes ago
What is the single greatest game on PS4 right now? 76 7 minutes ago
Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition thread 408 11 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  82
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions