Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Worst Video Game You Regret Purchasing

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 287 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 20, 2012 3:51:27 PM PST
Joel H. says:
Dungeon Defenders. Didn't have much interest defending.. this dungeon.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 3:48:40 PM PST
G-Money says:
Katamari Damacy for PS2 - overhyped, boring and repetitive.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 3:22:14 PM PST
FallenMarvel says:
Airblade for PS2. I only paid ten bucks for it when Sam Goody went out of business. It was a terrible game.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 3:09:54 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Definitely Journey. I don't think I've ever been so bored playing a video game before. What a waste of time and money.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 3:06:00 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 20, 2012 3:06:45 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 3:04:51 PM PST
Augie says:
Two Worlds

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 7:50:58 PM PST
Lat says:
The fact that you think the PS2 games "had no substance" proves that you never played the PS2 games. If you had actually played San Andreas way back when than you would not be saying it had a "lack of substance".

All the games had a story-driven narrative, I don't know why you think GTA IV was so special. GTA IV took itself way too serious in its story and tone, and that ruined it for me, and for a lot of other people for that matter. The game's pacing was painfully slow, and having to do the same stupid mini-games a million times over to keep all the side-characters "like-bars" up was a joke. And if you started ignoring your friends then they constantly bugged you to whine that you never hang out with them. GTA IV was a total joke compared to San Andreas.

The fact that you think GTA IV is better than San Andreas says a lot in itself.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 4:52:49 PM PST
Modern Warfare 3.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 3:24:51 PM PST
L. Brown says:
dead island

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 3:12:27 PM PST
Apollo says:
hahaha....go ahead and give it a few rounds, then you will know what the worst game that you ever played really is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 3:10:22 PM PST
"However, the worst video game that I ever played is called Detroit. It is a PC sim game from back in the day. Do yourself a favor and don't even look it up - the game is horrible. "

My bile fascination has gotten the better of me. GONNA LOOK IT UP.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 3:06:13 PM PST
Apollo says:
I would have to add Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom, if it isn't already listed. I really enjoyed the others, but this one just did not compare at all. I would rather fire up my old XBOX and play KUF 2: Heroes than play another second of Circle of Doom. Why would they change the entire gameplay like that? Madness I tell ya, complete madness. I even choked down a few hours of it just to see if it got better...I didn't want to believe that the game stunk that bad....but, it did.

However, the worst video game that I ever played is called Detroit. It is a PC sim game from back in the day. Do yourself a favor and don't even look it up - the game is horrible.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 3:03:30 PM PST
rpd123 says:
substance- solid or meaningful quality

No, they had no substance. All of those are completely meaningless things. The story was generic garbage and the game played like the fantasy of a demented child. GTA IV introduced a (quality) story driven game that was incredibly fun. Mini games also weren't forced in GTA IV, don't know where you got that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 2:42:53 PM PST
Lat says:
The Ps2 GTA games had no substance? Seriously? San Andreas had a ton of side-quests, the stats system that you could level up by biking, swimming, working out at the gym, etc. SA's map was still twice as big as GTA IV. SA didn't have painfully slow and sluggish driving controls, and SA also didn't force you to do the same monotonous mini-games over and over to keep your friends "respect" level up just so you could get the "benefits" for it.

GTA IV was just a garbage game.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 8:19:10 PM PST
KrisCo says:
Dream Pinball 3D. Oh lawd....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 8:17:40 PM PST
rpd123 says:
GTA IV was awesome. The trilogy of PS2 had absolutely no substance. The girlfriend thing sucked and mini games blew but the story was so awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:02:30 PM PST
I bought Link's Crossbow Training when it was $0.99 at Gamestop. Fantastic game. Couldn't believe how good it was for so little money.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:07:15 PM PST
Gameresq says:
It is unfounate that you disliked Link's Crossbow Training. It is not Black Ops or Goldeneye certainly, but I found it to be quite enjoyable.

I did not play Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, but your impressions of it are consistent with others who have played it. I hope your gaming has been better of late.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 5:54:33 PM PST
J. Graves says:
max payne 3 is kinda boring so i regret buying that one but its at least playable.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 5:42:20 PM PST
Bayonetta and Alan Wake don't belong in that list!

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 5:14:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 2:36:18 PM PST
Lat says:
I totally regretted buying:

GTA IV (360) - Such a huge letdown compared to the PS2 trilogy. Everything about this game blows.
Bayonetta (360) - I know a lot of people liked this game, but I just couldn't get into it. The controls were retarded and all the characters were so damn bland and generic. I tried restarting the game over a few times but could never make it past the first act before I lost interest and stopped playing.
COD 4 (360) - The only time I ever let myself get pressured into buying such an overhyped and overrated POS like COD, all thanks to my idiot friends I had. It's been almost five years since and I still shake my head for buying a game I had zero interest in buying.
Alan Wake (360) - Had been looking forward to this one, considering it was in development hell for over 5 years, but it just really disappointed me...not really what I was expecting.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 4:47:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 4:53:55 PM PST
Lat says:
Negative. I had Link's Crossbow Training because I was silly and bought the damn Wii Zapper back when it came out in '07. The game was total crap and forgettable...and I'm a huge Zelda fan, not that it really mattered for Link's Crossbow Training but yeah.

But what really pissed me off the most about the Wii Zapper, was the fact that I bought it just to play Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles with it(another crap Wii game, go figure) but the game required you to press the "A" button on the remote to pick up weapons and healing items, which made the physical process of doing so while holding the Zapper impossible...did they actually test this thing out on any games beside Link's Crossbow Training? Biggest waste of $20 ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 5:59:01 PM PST
Gameresq says:
I feel like Link's Crossbow Training was worth at least $20 by itself. You should try playing it. It is very fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 5:44:00 PM PST
Lat says:
I disagree. The Wii Zapper was the stupidest thing they ever released for the Wii...$20 for a piece of plastic and a free "game"? please...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:35:43 AM PST
I loved Rise of Nightmares. While it can get awkward having to walk in a Kinect game's 3D environments, it worked pretty well. I also dug the corny storyline as a House of the Dead fan. Probably my favorite Kinect game. Still waiting on Crimson Dragon.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
playstation neo migh be more powerful than you think 0 1 minute ago
Why do people complain about open world games but continue to hype and play them? 18 7 minutes ago
nintnedo is irrelevant 18 10 minutes ago
XBox One S: same disappointing gaming performance, but now in a smaller box. Overheating issues? possibly... 55 18 minutes ago
On the Kinsey scale of 1(lowest) to 6(highest), how Gay are you? 12 18 minutes ago
Weekend gaming 06/24 - 06/26: Obama criticisizes publication of top fast food in conjunction with E3 conference. "We already have an obesity epidemic, the last thing I need is Phil Spencer encouraging people to shovel down Chick Fil A waffle fries." 43 20 minutes ago
PS NEO is still a PS4 54 21 minutes ago
Steam sale: Whadya bouyin'? 67 23 minutes ago
Battlefield 1 short new teaser and tons of new info. 17 29 minutes ago
OT: Britain says "I'm out....So wish me luck." to the EU 333 30 minutes ago
Anybody Else Dislike The New Amazon Video Game Pages? 14 32 minutes ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 3864 40 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  168
Total posts:  287
Initial post:  Jul 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions