Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Anyone get or tried the new Darkstalkers Resurrection on PSN/XBLA?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 13, 2013 10:31:28 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
Just curious about it. Loved DS3 in my Sega Saturn days.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 10:55:23 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
I guess that's a no :(

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 10:57:39 AM PDT
I'm interested but I just downloaded SSFIVAE from + and I've got to put some time into that.

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 10:59:43 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
I didn't know thats already out. Thats just an online version of Darkstalkers 3?

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 11:00:43 AM PDT
SuperHiro says:
And darkstalkers 2 I think

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 11:02:29 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
It got a HD facelift like SF2 HD. Not sure what else got added

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 11:02:35 AM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
2 and 3. From the PS Blog:

Darkstalkers Resurrection updates to two games for the price of one - Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge and Darkstalkers 3. These feature classic gameplay and unique characters as well as a host of new features, including a variety of HD visual modes, online play with 8-player lobbies, YouTube replay sharing, improved challenge modes, dynamic awards, and unlockable extras. Embrace the dark!

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 11:04:43 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
hmm...I do like Darkstalkers a whole bunch but library is flooding with fighting games. I'll wait for a PSN+ 50% off discount before I pick it up.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 4:51:58 AM PDT
waxc3 says:
i dl the demo for it. its pretty expensive and i wanna try it and see the achievements before i buy it.
i loved it back when it was new but im not sure i want to replay it.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 5:56:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2013 5:56:28 AM PDT
Seeing this walkthrough of the features it seems like they handled this about as well as one could hope for a re-release of 2 and 3.

http://youtu.be/AjC3R1B2RCY

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 6:24:01 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
They should get a side tournament for this at EVO, I'm sure Daigo would be happy.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 12:37:53 PM PDT
Zak Iarih says:
I'd download SSFIVAE if it was freakin 18gb! Ridiculous for that type of game, lrn2compress

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 12:40:07 PM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
Daigo? I thought Sakonoko was the real beast in Darkstalkers with his BB Hood.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 12:45:29 PM PDT
DVvM says:
I'm going to download the demo tonight. Moonbucks are kind of tight, so I probably won't buy it until later.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 6:22:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2013 6:22:48 AM PDT
Nicos says:
It was definitely on par with Marvel vs Capcom origins as far as extras, the challenges etc that they have been implementing since the SFIII Online release.

I kind of wish they scrapped Darkstalkers 2 and just had a modified version of Vampire Saviour that included the characters they "added" in Vampire Saviour 2*. I don't think Darkstalkers 2 holds up as well as Vampire Saviour. Plus in the demo for Vampire Saviour, two of the three characters that you can use are Morrigan and Lilith... that would be like them releasing a demo for Street Fighter III with three playable characters and two of them being Ryu and Ken :/

*Quick history lession for those not in the know. Vampire Saviour ran on the Capcom System 2 arcade hardware (CPS2). This hardware did not have enough memory for them to include all the characters they wanted in Vampire Saviour, so they released Vampire Saviour 2 (Japan only I think) that had the missing characters. Donovan, Pyron and Huitzil. Of course to get these characters in, they had to get rid of some others. The more you know™

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 6:34:16 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
I'm sure Sakonoko is a beast, he is at pretty much everything. Darkstalkers is the game that got Daigo noticed when he was a teenager, had something like a 300 match winning streak at Akihabara and had to leave because it was closing for the day.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 9:09:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2013 9:41:48 AM PDT
The Xbox 360 demo only contains Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge (Darkstalkers 2) with the playable characters being Donovan, Demitri and Sasquatch. When the `CRISP' filter is turned on, pixels look less jaggy and pretty nice in HD. It's got different display options such as widescreen, stretch, arcade cabinet with designs on the side, and an interesting "over the shoulder" view (like if you where watching the match in your local arcade from a distance). The music on the home screen is remixed and sound excellent, but the demo doesn't allow you to change the brackground music to these new remixes and I'd be very bummed if it's not an included feature or unlockable feature. I'd gladly purchase it when it goes down to $10, but I'm shocked that Vampire Savior might not include Huitzil, Donovan or Pyron because it's "arcade perfect"

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 10:33:37 AM PDT
Technosapien says:
I might get this. I love Darkstalkers.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 11:13:32 AM PDT
Nicos says:
It also has Vampire Saviour/DarkStalkers 3. You just need to hit the back button at the title screen to toggle over to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 2:13:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2013 2:32:30 PM PDT
It does? Then I'll check that out today. Does Darkstalkers 3 have all the characters, or is it missing those 3 fighters?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2013 3:49:21 PM PDT
Nicos says:
Yeah, it does not have Donovan, Pyron or Huitzil, which is why I was bringing up Vampire Saviour 2 in the first place D:
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Battleborn Review Roundup 62 53 seconds ago
OT: Ted Cruz's Bitter End 75 1 minute ago
Uncharted 4 will let you play using various graphics filters, such as cel-shading, ASCII mosaic, etc 3 1 minute ago
OT: Which of these movies did you like the most? 74 1 minute ago
OT: Weeaboo test 18 4 minutes ago
Destiny VGF Clan v5.0 6901 4 minutes ago
A bunch of weird niche digital games getting physical releases on PS4/XBO 3 5 minutes ago
You want a good laugh? Read what sodomite Tim Cook said on a TV talk show last night 7 9 minutes ago
OT: Meghan Trainor's voice is a total b0ner killer. She's no Taylor Swift!! 70 15 minutes ago
OT: What does "Traditional Family Values" mean to you? 176 22 minutes ago
Apple CEO Tim Cook Teases 'Great Innovation' in Product Pipeline on CNBC's Mad Money 26 26 minutes ago
Anyone else get the PSN Settlement game? 22 27 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Mar 13, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions