Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Another good, free iOS game.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2012 5:16:14 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
This is made by the people who made Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.

Download the @FreeAppADay.com Store App and wish for more top rated apps like Coaster Crazy to be featured on FAAD! Coasters! Pandas! Zombies! Cheerleaders! Explosions! From the creators of RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3 and LostWinds® comes a rollercoaster game unlike any other, starring little old ladies, mad scientists, the undead, accountants, queasy guys, extra-terrestrial visitors, and ...er... sheep.

Simply trace your finger over the touchscreen to build and tweak any coaster you can imagine, in glorious 3D. Its so easy to do that anyone can build them, ride them, crash them - tall, short, long and fast; modern, wooden & crazy. The physics simulation is easy and fun to use, yet rewards each bit of care put into improving your coasters with ever higher scores.

Coaster Crazy takes you on a journey around the world (and to the moon) to build a cash-making coaster empire with ever-more insane creations. Unlock more special pieces, coaster cars and track types that let you earn even more cash and gems, and meet the fiendish challenges posed by the Crazy characters in the game.

They are demanding customers:
- Can you make your coaster fast enough to get the speed freak surfing with delight?
- Can you keep G-forces low enough to prevent the Professor's Nitro Glycerin from exploding?
- Can you beat a coaster score before the zombie starts infecting other passengers?
- Can you do that all at the same time?
- And what will happen to the little old lady if your ride is too intense?
- And then there's the Mayor. Alien. King. Policeman. Queasy guy. Accountant. And sheep..

Thread your coasters through themed scenery and design custom paint-jobs to create the ride of a lifetime - and then upload to share with your friends and the world! See how your creations stack up on the Coaster Crazy global leaderboards, and earn achievements. When yours are downloaded by others, you'll earn in-game currency.

Or you could just mess around to your heart's content in the coaster-building `sandbox'.

And if Coaster Crazy's oodles of gameplay isn't enough for you, each day there's a fresh challenge that you can take part in to earn worldwide kudos - and gems!

No sheep were harmed in the making of this game. But the queasy guy really wasn't happy.

Coaster Crazy offers in-app purchase of gems and cash, which can be used to unlock content and accelerate gameplay.
---

There are IAP, but you can earn a lot of cash and gems just by playing the game. Building coasters is really fun, and pretty early on, you can unlock the moon which is a sandbox mode and allows you to create a coaster to your hearts content. You can save up to 4 different coasters, and you can even ride them in real time, both yours and others who upload them.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:21:08 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:55 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:23:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 5:23:54 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
This one doesn't really focus on the entire park management, it's all about building coasters, and you get all the tools you could ever need (though some tools are locked until you get to the appropriate level in the campaign), including being able to rotate the tracks to a completely inverted position, and add loops and scenery (even scenery like caves that the coaster can go through). It's a pretty fun game.

I appreciate the vote of confidence too. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:27:22 AM PST
Upvote Powers Unite!

I don't have iOS, but I'm sure a lot of the games are pretty gun. I enjoy my android games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:00:07 AM PST
JWK says:
Hey Fox, continue to let the VGF know about these type of deals on iOS. I, too, got Punch Quest and it's really fun. I also picked up PvZ, GTAIII, and Mega Man X per your last "iOS deals" thread. Thanks, buddy.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:10:30 AM PST
Kendahl says:
When are we going to get a true port of Rollercoaster Tycoon? That game stole tons of time from my life...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:13:58 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
The 3DS version is awful apparently. I'm currently waiting for GoG to get around porting RCT to Mac since they have it on Windows. It's one of my favorite PC games of all time.

@JWK, will do. I don't post any deals on games that I don't try first because I don't like to get to a point and be stuck behind a paywall. I put hours into this game last night, and it's really easy and fast to get cash. Gems come from daily challenges once you unlock the moon. I have largely completed Punch Quest, but I still pick it up because it's so much fun.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:41:34 AM PST
Good iOS game...oxymoron.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa50b8ccc)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions