Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dead Space 3 on NG+ is like a completely different game.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 67 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 12, 2013 5:40:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2013 5:41:44 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Man, after just barely managing to play to get through the game the first time (fun wise, not skill wise), I'm actually having tons of fun playing through NG+. Crafting has taken center stage for me, and I'm really enjoying making all kinds of new and different guns. I can't wait to go through some of the modes that the game offers like Classic mode.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 5:42:18 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
Which mode are you playing? Can you co-op in survival? Thats what i plan on doing next.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 5:44:52 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I'm just playing NG+ on the next difficulty up from where I started. After I beat NG+, I'm going to go into the different modes they have. I really want to play through the 1 death mode.

Do the modes other than NG+ let you carry over your equipment or do you start with nothing?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 5:52:28 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
i have no idea. I still on impossible mode with 11-12 hours of gametime and only on chapter 10 i beleive.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 7:26:05 AM PST
Wow, this is a total 180° turn from where you were this weekend. Does NG+ in this game provide you with new suits, extra credits, or power nodes? I started a DS2 NG+ over the weekend and was disappointed they didn't have that.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 7:29:18 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
after you complete a certain NG+ pluse mode, you will get some horns, weapons or skins.

There are no credits or power nodes in DS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 7:35:29 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Could it be that the game was always awesome, and now that your skills have improved you are enjoying it more?
It just seemed that the major problems you had with the game the first time around were based on your skill level...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 7:37:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2013 8:07:25 AM PST
Voice of god says:
Nothing wins people over like, "If you didn't like the game, it must be because you suck at video games."

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 7:37:51 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Hardcore and the other modes start you from scratch.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 7:38:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2013 7:41:45 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Did you read his initial impressions?

MrFoxhound says:
"The enemies are like 2 times faster than they ever were before making you rely heavily on your statis to slow down enemies more now than ever before. Isaac is stuck in DS1 and 2 survival horror mode, but his adversaries have graduated into full, blown action game enemies. They take multiple shots to the limbs to remove them, and chances are that you will not have enough time as they all sprint after you to take off their legs to slow them down. They won't slow down though, they move just as fast and erratically without legs as they do with legs. Also, the game has no problems with pushing 4-6 enemies at you at one time and from all directions. The only noticeable upgrade that I see Isaac got was if you press R2 and a direction, he rolls, but the roll is slow and by time you stand up the enemies are right in your face hitting you again.

You will get hurt. A lot..."

This was his major complaint over the game, so yes, he sucked, and now that he is better he is enjoying it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 7:45:40 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
the enemies are faster and crawl faster than before. They also push 4-6 enemies at once while your waiting for an elevator or just moving along.

The roll is slow and the recover time is unbarable that i dont even use it.

I also dont run from the necros because they are so fast, they just kill me when i run away so i have to stand and fight.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 7:46:03 AM PST
LogJam says:
My major complaint is the fact that it wasn't particularly scary. Does that mean I suck at the game too?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 7:47:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2013 7:48:50 AM PST
Voice of god says:
His initial impressions seemed to be pretty much "WTF, this doesn't play like Dead Space. I wanted a survival horror game from this survival horror franchise." I would agree with that assessment, and I too was disappointed that it pretty much isn't the Dead Space we expected.

The game is only good if you're willing to ignore the fact that it represents itself as another Dead Space game even though it goes full-on third-person shooter. If you do ignore that fact, I gather it's still a perfectly enjoyable action shooter (I haven't played it enough to make a judgment myself).

Edit: You've since added the quote, which seems to confirm what I remember of his opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 7:50:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2013 7:52:51 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Pretty much, I dumped the plasma cutter for better weapons with higher firing rates more akin to action games, and stopped playing this like a survival horror game, also the Tesla Enervator Amazon pre-order bonus DLC sucks. It's firing rate sucks and it has a charging time, plus the game fails to recognize every R1 press leaving me open to attack while I think the gun is charging, but it's not. It's always fun releasing R1 to fire and have nothing happening when 4 enemies are running full speed at the player.

@JO: I was pretty disappointed in that dodge roll, it's pretty useless as by time you get up the necros are right in your face. Also pretty disappointed that there isn't a 180 degree turn option. The best I do is aim the camera where the necros are then aim and Isaac turns immediately to the direction the camera is facing. Kind of cheating the system, but, it was the devs fault for leaving Isaac in survival horror mode while everyone else graduated to action game mode.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 8:02:53 AM PST
Voice of god says:
I dismantled the Enervator at the very first bench. Between that and the other weapons you got with the new copy of the game, I crafted myself a nice little starting loadout.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 8:06:06 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
It worked for Demon's Souls.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 8:08:33 AM PST
Here's my strategy so far:

I upgraded the plasma cutter for full damage and carry that.
I created and upgraded the force gun for much more damage and carry that.
When I'm attacked, I hit them with the force gun, then statis them when they fall back, then unload on them with my plasma gun.

I haven't even tried the dlc weapons.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 8:15:37 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
That seems like a good strategy.
I carry a plasma cutter, and a shotgun with ripper as the lower attachment. I have damaged maxed for both, seems to work really well.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 8:16:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2013 8:17:22 AM PST
I forgot to mention: my Force Gun has a lower attachment rocket launcher which really helps with 'crowd control'. I have blown myself into pieces by accident, though :(

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 8:21:14 AM PST
So the controls haven't changed in the same way that the gameplay has?

That isn't the same as "sucking" at the game.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 8:24:51 AM PST
IMO, DS3 just isn't as fun as the first two. I can't really describe why, though. Maybe creepiness...maybe atmosphere...maybe something else.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 8:25:56 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I don't appreciate that.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 8:33:47 AM PST
JWK says:
DS1 is one of the best games of all time (or at least my favorite games of all time). I'd probably put it in Top 25 territory. By that principle alone, I should give DS3 a shot, but I'm waiting for the $10 to $20 range now. I have too much of a backlog and I've heard too many scathing reviews.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 8:35:06 AM PST
The first 2 Dead Space games are in my top 20 of all-time, maybe higher. I could have been expecting too much, but I felt that I had that right. Anyway, maybe ng+ will be more fun...I won't give up on it.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 8:36:38 AM PST
Horowitz says:
Sounds like a great Gamefly buy at around $10.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  67
Initial post:  Feb 12, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions