Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Question about games on Kickstarter like Project Eternity, Torment, Shadowrun, etc...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 8, 2013 12:55:46 PM PST
elect Tron says:
So most of these campaigns are giving away "DRM free" copies if you pledge a certain amount. Do you think they'll also offer Steam codes as an option if their game releases on Steam (which I'm guessing most of them will)?

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 1:26:23 PM PST
Pretty much all of these that I've seen mention a DRM free copy (from their website or GoG maybe) and a code that can be activated via Steam.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 1:27:36 PM PST
The bigger question is: will you ever actually get the game or are you financing someone's tropical retirement?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 1:28:24 PM PST
That really isn't a reasonable question.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 1:29:39 PM PST
elect Tron says:
Thanks Nate. I guess I should read more closely. I'm thinking of pledging to the Torment game at the $40 level, considering it gets you a copy of Wasteland 2 as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 1:30:12 PM PST
Correct, it is a silly question. A "Gotta get down on Friday" kind of question.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 1:30:39 PM PST
I pledged at the $20 for the digital game, but I may upgrade.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 1:31:11 PM PST
Friday, Friday?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 1:32:08 PM PST
If you have trouble reading the KS page, maybe Torment isn't for you... :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 1:35:45 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Thats a pretty good deal, I already backed Wasteland though.

Got in at the $25 tier, might upgrade to the $28 tier that they're opening up for some extra stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 2:34:13 PM PST
How can they open a new tier? I thought rewards tiers were not alterable.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 2:50:45 PM PST
They can't alter them, but I believe they can add them.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 2:52:30 PM PST
Ah, okay.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 3:00:14 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
I made that very pledge. In this case, it seems like both a good game duo and a safe company to pledge money to. Plus, even if I never played Torment, the thought that it exists is a nice on in my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 3:02:12 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
They can add new tiers. They can also add rewards to existing tiers. I'm not sure if they can make an adjustment to the tier description itself or if they are required to simply add the new info to their general information section.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 3:03:37 PM PST
When I first checked the page, there was exactly one $20 tier left. I considered it, but decided that, while I'll probably want the game eventually, I'm not dying to have it and it's already funded, so I'll wait for a sale once it's actually out.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 3:07:04 PM PST
Unless things have changed, I don't think they can change the tier descriptions, either. Back when Shadowrun was still going I had to ask them after the Mac version got funded whether that would be included in the reward tiers that included the game or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 3:10:51 PM PST
Heh, I have to imagine that by the time you could've clicked on it, that single tier would've been gone.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 3:37:23 PM PST
Possible, sure. I'm a pretty fast clicker, myself, though, so you never know.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 9:22:09 PM PST
Diablo fan?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 11:11:17 PM PST
Once upon a time; but in this case I think it's a natural talent rather than a practised skill.

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 4:50:09 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
So, there are actually a couple really cool projects on Kickstarter right now, including one by an unrelated person with the last name of Faden, such a rare name that it is always notable. When I get home, I'll post a couple of the ones I'm looking at and see what ya'll think.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Ghostbuster 2016, what went wrong 33 2 minutes ago
A Couple Game Codes If Anybody Wants Them 46 3 minutes ago
Microsoft Working to 'Make Steam Progressively Worse' on Windows 10 to Force Gamers to Use Windows Store 43 7 minutes ago
ABZU AKA Journey Underwater Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 0 15 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3897 37 minutes ago
OT: Democratic National Convention and the rest of the stink coming out of Philadelphia this week 724 38 minutes ago
OT: Which is it Democrats? 5 1 hour ago
Not a single Xbox One console currently on Amazon's top 100 best selling Video Game items. 249 1 hour ago
OT: dnc breaks federal law at convention: violation of section 8 u.s. code § 1324 89 1 hour ago
OT: It's Going to be Great When Hillary Clinton Wins the Election 164 1 hour ago
Top 5 New IPs This Gen 76 1 hour ago
No Man's Sky trailer: Survive 29 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Mar 8, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions