Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Anybody get a chance to check out Crysis 3 yesterday?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 69 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 20, 2013 6:36:37 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I dropped about an hour or longer last night, and right off the bat it's nice that they didn't change a single thing with the gameplay and the controller layout. It's exactly like Crysis 2, but the craphics have been stepped up, and i love the new bow...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:38:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 6:38:17 AM PST
FOGE says:
Im very excited about this game. I m glad you are enjoying it. I will likely be grabbing this at $20. With my backlog, I cant justify it right now. Especially with Bioshock around the corner.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 6:39:03 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
The UPS guy came while I was at work, so I couldn't play last night.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 6:41:08 AM PST
Marvelous says:
The stealth aspects have been much improved, targeting enemeis is easier, and you can also target your arrows if you miss an enemy, or you can pick the one up you used on him.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:00:22 AM PST
Yes, I think it's awesome. For me, I don't think it's quite as good as Crysis, but its awesome any way.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 8:33:58 AM PST
I got it yesterday, but didn't open it. Gonna return it. Doesn't look good.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:50:46 AM PST
waxc3 says:
i beat the tutorial and played a little of mission one.
game is beautiful!
has a weird sound skip occasionally.

LOVE the achievement about taking an arrow to the knee!!!! ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 11:23:49 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Okay I thought something was wrong, the sound kept cutting out too often. After I installed the disc, it went down some though.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 11:28:36 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Got my pre-order price guarantee email from Zon today. Saved another $6 bucks. Sweet.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 11:30:37 AM PST
FOGE says:
Theyll fix it with a patch im sure. Another reason why I prefer to wait to buy games.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 11:33:04 AM PST
waxc3 says:
i will have beaten the game and put on a shelf months before they patch it lol. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 11:36:06 AM PST
FOGE says:
Haha I dont doubt it :)

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 7:58:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 9:28:53 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Played for a while tonight, completed the tutorial and first mission.

Really awesome so far, the graphics are insane.

I also have the sound stutters but they aren't super common.

The only thing I don't like so far is that the stealth kills seem a little finnicky, like if I were to get up behind a guy and hit the R3 button, half the time I'd beat the prompt I guess, and just smack the guy instead, which alerts everyone. I wish the prompt would load up further from the enemy like in FarCry 3, but otherwise, game is super awesome, love the bow, already destroyed a helicopter with it.

edit: Airburst arrows are really cool too, I can see myself using those a ton.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 3:16:26 AM PST
waxc3 says:
When you get outside into old new York its just amazing!

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 4:27:02 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I just got Dead Space 3, this is poor timing on EA's part to release these games so close together.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 3:44:58 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Ok, playing more makes me HATE the stealth in this game. I don't remember having this much trouble doing stealth kills in Crysis 2. It's like 75% of the time they don't work, and it seems to have to be perfectly lined up behind a guy to do it. You're a freaking super soldier, you should be able to break their necks whether or not their backs are perfectly turned to you.

I also have the perks that gives silent movement, and faster stealth and stealth kills and they don't make a GD difference, half the time when I wait and try to stand behind a guy for the prompt to pop, hell somehow notice me, eventhough I'm cloaked and moving silently and his back his turned.

This is really starting to piss me off, Why can't this game be like FarCry 3? ugh.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 9:49:26 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I'm starting to feel the same Stride, when I play in stealth style I keep thinking the gameplay has nothing on Far Cry 3. Stealth in Crysis 2 was awesome, but Far Cry came along and up'd the bar. The fact that they left the controls the exact same as Crysis 2 kind of makes Crysis 3 gameplay feel dated. When I was in predator mode I kept wanting to jump down on guys, or drag their bodies into hiding.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 6:21:36 PM PST
waxc3 says:
Not sure what's up in your game buddy but my stealth works great. I can sneak all around guys in cloaked mode. What difficulty are you on? I wonder if that changes anything

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 6:26:05 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I don't have any trouble sneaking, I'm having trouble with the stealth kills themselves.

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 6:28:01 PM PST
I'm actually having much more fun than I did before, and I think Crysis 3 is definitely the best FPS I've played this year. I'm not at all disappointed, even though the campaign is shorter.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 6:29:34 PM PST
waxc3 says:
yeah I mean that as well. If im at any angle behind a guy I click the right stick and the enemy pretty much teleports into the right spot, and I slice his belly open.
I even stealth killed ceph for the achievement just by walking up to one and banging the RS

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 6:31:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 22, 2013 6:33:10 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
You're lucky then dude, I always run up to guys and hit R3 and probably 60% of the time I just hit the guy instead of insta-killing him.

Have the disc installed and everything.

edit: On easy mode too.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 6:36:24 PM PST
waxc3 says:
Try from crouched? Its certainly not as simple as it was in Far Cry 3 I know.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 6:38:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 22, 2013 6:39:06 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I've had more luck standing. It's not really preventing me from beating or enjoying the game or anything, it just annoys the hell out of me at times.

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 4:13:43 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Really starting to love this game, just finished the mission "Safeties Off" and it was really stellar, loving the characters in this game, not sure about overall, but the story is really excellent so far. Starting to get used to the stealth, so it's not as annoying anymore.

Also at about 5.5 hours with 3 missions to go, so it definitely doesn't seem like it's going to be as short as the reviews made it sound.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  69
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions