Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Official Guild Wars 2 VGF Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 678 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 10:11:39 AM PDT
I think so far you're the only one.

Thanks! I'll take a look tonight. There are only 3 specific ones I can use to level up right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 10:15:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 5, 2012 10:16:23 AM PDT
Junkiiiii says:
The same. Norn Warrior. I thought about it for a while and I will just make an elemantalist alt for whenever I am in a magical mood as I was really enjoying the warrior.

My biggest reason for restarting was because I didn't know what I was doing at first and I feel like I missed out on a lot. And hell I wasn't too high lvl anyway. I feel this time around I am getting a lot more out of the experience. And I finally have a grasp of the game mechanics.

I'm also going with cooking. Haven't decided on my other skill yet though.

I'll be on tonight between 7 and 11 or so.

edit: oh and don't forget to share any recipe discoveries you've made.

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 10:27:40 AM PDT
Sars says:
This game is awsome, so far i have 100 percent 4 areas and am now in the middle of the asura starting area. Level 16 or 17 human hunter. There is just so much to do in the game that im not even worried about leveling up. I have never been into mmos, and i thought they were dumb. This game is something else though

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 10:37:30 AM PDT
I'm still having trouble gathering cloth for my tailoring (I'm into cotton now) but MAN the crafted clothes are cool looking. My necro looks like like some kind of crazy circus performer in his wool set and I even crafted a rare helm.

Last night was the first night I haven't been able to play. I think I might be going into withdrawals. I hit 40 and have more advanced traits, so I really want to mess with my build a bit.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 10:59:32 AM PDT
Geomancer says:
I don't think Jewlery uses Iron. At least I'm around 100 and haven't. I think it goes Copper -> Silver -> Gold

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 11:22:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 5, 2012 11:23:01 AM PDT
Well, glad I have craploads of silver.

I'll use my iron on my warrior for weapons then.

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 11:31:08 AM PDT
Heck, I'm still using copper. I've been mining iron and silver so I've got some saved back, but I haven't even learned how to smelt them yet. Of course, my weaponsmithing and armorsmithing isn't too high, only around 50 or so. I've really got to put some time into the game tomorrow.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 12:44:18 PM PDT
Honestly I'd have to get a guide or something for the recipes, but I don't want to do that unless I get stuck. I kind of just throw random stuff together until something sticks. You know, for science!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 12:44:41 PM PDT
I have about half a stack of silver.

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 1:02:50 PM PDT
J. Lee says:
CPT K how do you have 3 craft traits? hmm perhaps I need to grab one more then if the game let's you get 3.. I'm a mesmer and I can tell you one thing, these lil bad arses can DPS/Kite like crazy! At my level (32?) I can take out 3-4 levels above me easily and in a group too!... does anyone else experience this? Anyways, I do Tailoring and Artificing.. as soon as I hop into the game today I'll look for someone to join the guild.. been tired of random guild invites that I have no participation into anyways.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 1:04:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 5, 2012 1:05:35 PM PDT
Junkiiiii says:
That is what I was going to do. Do you lose the mats if a recipe isn't created?

I haven't tried it yet.

I wonder if you can use real world logic to make recipes. You know like bread and cheese = grilled cheese sandwich

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 1:08:19 PM PDT
You can grab them all, but it costs money to switch between them.

You don't lose progress when you switch though, you just can only have 2 active at a time.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 1:08:42 PM PDT
Yes, you can used real world logic for cooking recipes.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 1:13:29 PM PDT
No, it will will just have the craft button greyed out. Some of the recipes are logical. Some you would think would work, but don't.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 1:14:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 5, 2012 1:14:52 PM PDT
If that's the case, then that recipe is likely found on an NPC or a drop elsewhere in the game world.

Those cannot be discovered.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 1:19:11 PM PDT
There are a ton that are karma purchases.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 4:20:23 AM PDT
J. Niles says:
I was playing WvWvW working on my last challenge for the monthly. After about 30 minutes the server reset and stuck me in a hub. After a minute of just standing there I got bored. So I started to wonder around and went into the gate Heart of the mist. It's the WvWvW training ground. Low and behold I was wearing out guild emblem. Pretty cool. I was in a blue and silver set of armor. Emblem was on the front and back of chest plate.
Also this morning I went back and 100% the 2nd Norn map. Only got level 26 gear and 10k in xp. So gear doesn't scale with your level.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 5:17:41 AM PDT
J. Niles says:
Just ran across this link for all you crafters. Says it's all the recipes but the ones you get from karma dealers.
http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/imprint_downloads/brady/GW2GuideCraftingRecipesEN.pdf

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 5:25:27 AM PDT
Sars says:
I switched over the vgf server last night so who do i add so i can get an invite to the guild

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 5:43:44 AM PDT
Just post a character name here and we'll get you in this afternoon / evening. There's usually at least 10 of us online.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 5:44:00 AM PDT
Awesome, thank you!

I'll add this to the OP.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 5:46:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2012 5:46:38 AM PDT
Heart of the Mists is the training area for general PvP matches. I didn't know we get our emblem on our gear in PvP though, that's sweet!

Good to know it doesn't scale. I'll keep doing 100% on the areas for my level then. I almost hit 38 last night.

I still want to do Ascalonian Catacombs sometime in the near future. Anyone do it yet? How is it?

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 5:56:46 AM PDT
Sars says:
Stellified is my character name.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 6:08:18 AM PDT
IPhantom says:
I was thinking of trying to do an AC run on Friday. You going to be around? Few other people said they were interested last night too.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 6:18:37 AM PDT
More than likely I'll be online.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  678
Initial post:  Sep 4, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions