Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Weekend Recap

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 89 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:02:27 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Yeah, I've always found pacing of side quests in AC games problematic. They allow too many quests at one time. I wish they were spread around more.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:04:21 AM PST
Agreed. It is hard to decide what to do!

I am not sure I am loving the mini games in AssRev. The pseudo tower defense is annoying!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:05:32 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Yep, it's pretty terrible.

That's why it's so nice that you can mostly skip it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:07:26 AM PST
I LOVED AssCreed 2 and AssBro, but finding it really hard to go back and play rev.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:09:13 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I was going to see The Hobbit, but didn't get around to it. I actually ended up staying home and watching The Dark Knight Rises. And wow...the Blu-ray of that movie looks freakin' fantastic! When I saw it in theaters, I remember thinking it looked so bland. And the IMAX scenes were downright flawless on Blu-ray.

Gaming-wise, I finished Little Inferno, which was SUCH a good game! I can't recommend it enough! I played a little bit of NSMBU. So far I'm at the Rock Mines (beautiful levels here) with every single star coin from the beginning up to the last level I finished. I love this game. Then, I played Persona 4 Golden yesterday for about 4 hours (killed the battery on my Vita and just plugged it in). Finally, I did some PS All Stars and finished it with Raiden, who is actually even easier to use than Kratos. His multidirectional level 1 super move is so easy to use...I actually got the trophy for a triple kill.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:10:57 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
THat's too bad, I personally enjoyed Rev more than Bro.

Maybe jump to 3?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:12:15 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
You saying Raiden reminded me that I played the Revengence demo this weekend, and holy hell is that game horrible.

I never really got around to playing Bayonetta, but Raiden only has one, complicated dodge move, which isn't even a dodge move. It's simply a parry. For all the flipping and dancing around that Raiden does in the MGS4 cutscenes and in the Revengence cut scenes, he can't do any of that in actual gameplay. He doesn't even have a jumping dodge, or a dodge roll or anything! It was insanely frustrating, and I don't care if I never play that game. Awful.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:14:17 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Platted Under Defeat HD, finished Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:14:19 AM PST
I am only about 2 hours into it.

Usually it takes about 5-10 for me to get into an AC game.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:14:37 AM PST
Prankster says:
I also went with my friends to watch The Hobbit yesterday but the tickets were sold out by the time we reached. It was a real bummer since there was nothing else showing which we could catch either. Hopefully this weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:16:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 7:16:28 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Nice, how hard was the Under Defeat Plat? Congrats on it!

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:17:03 AM PST
Technosapien says:
More Far Cry 3, and got my ass handed to me in SSF4AE.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:20:24 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
While that's a real shame to read, I honestly can't say I'm all that surprised. That game has had issues since the beginning, and if Kojima himself didn't have faith in it (which let's face it, upon its first announcement he was clearly less than pleased), I doubt anyone could actually make it worthwhile.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:25:23 AM PST
Technosapien says:
Grats on the plat! I gotta get that game. Looks awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:27:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 7:29:39 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Thanks! At first I didn't think I'd ever even clear the game, but it wasn't too hard once I got used to rotating the chopper and memorized the levels. On a scale from 1-10, I'd rate the platinum difficulty at a 6 for a shmup veteran. The hardest trophy is for ammo conservation, you have to finish a level with at least 6 bombs stocked up, which is seriously maddening to pull off since you start with three, and few things will get you another bomb. You pretty much need to get through two stages without getting hit...which is not easy without being able to use a bomb. The rest of the trophies are just for clearing every level and difficulty for arcade and the new mode, not too bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:28:26 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Thanks, dood! It seriously might be my favorite shmup ever, it's awesome.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:28:28 AM PST
neu Tron says:
Finished Far Cry 3. Amazing game.

Started Lollipop Chainsaw and didn't like it at all, so I moved onto Binary Domain, which I'm really enjoying.

Also made it to the theater twice...saw Lincoln and The Hobbit. Both movies were excellent.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:30:28 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Nice. I've been toying around with the idea of picking it up. I'm trying to walk a thin line between waiting for a price drop (since I spent $80 on the Dreamcast import) and trying to make sure that it doesn't go out of print.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:36:58 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:57 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:45:41 AM PST
OP says:
I really liked the pacing of Binary Domain, but I never saw the need to use the squad commands.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:47:06 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Yeah, I never got my hands on the Dreamcast version, so $30 was a no brainer for me. You get a soundtrack disc too, which is nice if you like to jam out to Dreamcast era synth tunes, lol. Under Defeat HD wound up being an amazon.com exclusive, so I don't know how long they will last, but these type of games are for a very niche audience so a price drop very well may happen. There are less than 500 people on the leaderboards, so I think you are safe waiting for awhile.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:47:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 7:48:42 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I got the ZoE HD Collection.

I was pretty put off by the DmC demo. I didn't really like how childish they made it. I mean the "f you" "no, f you" back and forth between the boss and Dante was pretty childish. At least they made it easier to do combos and to retain those combos. The combat is fast, fluid and fun, but what they turned Dante into just turns me off of that game.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:49:19 AM PST
LogJam says:
You guys. Finally saw Prometheus, and I know it's been discussed at length here, but whoa. Plot-hole city! Hopefully everything gets addressed in the impending sequel. There also may have been things I just missed due to the brew-shakes I was crushing. Not a good movie to drink to, I'll tell you that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:50:18 AM PST
Technosapien says:
If the retail version ever becomes hard to find, you can just download it on PSN. It's on the store for $30.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:55:34 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Except for healing me, squad commands seemed to do absolutely nothing when I played the demo.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  89
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions