Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

So I have been playing Wii U for a few hours now...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-69 of 69 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 12:52:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 12:52:42 AM PST
Prankster says:
I have just a 1 Mbps connection. It takes me at least 3-4 hours to download a GB. I knew that wasn't fast but I didn't know I was living in the stone age. I hate you Dustin! :(

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 12:59:00 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
Uncle Jason, I heard on the Internet that everything you read on the Internet is true. Therefore since the popular opinion on the Internet is that the Wii-U sucks, it does. Although we do have a problem here because you just posted on the Internet that it doesn't, and you're having fun with it. I think we may have one of those quantum fluctuations you see on Star Trek: TNG, which seems to be generating a lot of downvotes on people who post positive things about the Wii-U. I'll have Geordi see if he can modify the the warp engines on this forum to set up a reverse tachyon field to fix it.

P.S. Please don't correct my made up ST:TNG physics DVvM. It's supposed to be nonsense.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:01:04 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
Please refer to this link for additional information:

http://www.startrek.com/database_article/la-forge-Geordi

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:01:10 AM PST
Ever see that episode when Word encounters around 285,000 alternate realities? It could be that I passed through some kind of spatial anomaly on my drive home.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:01:43 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
Jason, after you downloaded the installments and it updated the system, did you get to a point where the screen was blank on the game pad and screen except for the Wii U logo was on it. It seems that I've been there for about 10 minutes now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:06:26 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:00 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:08:28 AM PST
It's been stuck like that 10 minutes after the download finished? I didn't see anything like that but I was out of the room while the update downloaded.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:11:41 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
After it installed, it asked me to install a new user and now there is just a blank screen on the game pad with Wii U in the corner and a blank TV screen with Wii U in the corner.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:16:58 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
I think you did. Hopefully there aren't now 2 copies of you running around, one good and one evil.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:19:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 1:31:44 AM PST
That's weird. You might need to reset your system. I'm not telling you to do that, mind you. I just can't find any information about that. It didn't happen to me though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:19:30 AM PST
I'm sure I'm the evil one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:27:33 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
I can turn off the game pad but I can't turn off the console itself. I don't know what the freak is going on. The game pad will allow me to use it as a remote but that's aal that's happening except for a blank damn screen. Damn it.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:32:15 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/11/19/wii-u-update-problems-for-basic-owners/

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:38:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 1:40:50 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
I also saw this post in a thread here, to anyone keep in mind, DO NOT turn off the console, unplug it or anything while it is updating or you'll have a bricked console on your hands:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64666282

"Why did it brick? Did you shut the power off?

My WiiU restarted to a black screen after my system update. All I did was wait a bit then cold boot the system. It didn' detect the gamepad at first but it eventually came on and everything was fine."

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:47:36 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
I have been reading a lot of stories with people saying they have bricked Wii-Us because the power went out in the middle of the update. This is just one reason why all my expensive electronics (TVs, consoles PCs) are are hooked up to a UPS. They are useful for more than just computers. Random power fluctuations, brownouts and blackouts are not good for electronics, especially in the middle of a firmware update. They can even damage stuff you wouldn't think it could. It's worth paying for a few $50 UPS devices for around the house to save thousands of dollars worth of equipment.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:59:46 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
My update was complete when I had this all white/blank screen. I just unplugged it acouple of minutes ago and I was able to create my Mii and other things, so now it seems to be alright. I was kind of worried there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 3:01:02 AM PST
Prankster says:
It's still not that advanced here. High speed till now has cost a bucketload of money per month which is why I opted for a lower speed but unlimited downloads. However they are introducing fibre technology to provide higher speeds now at almost the same price. I've contacted my provider to upgrade to a 10 Mbps connection and he said he will let me know when it can be available at the soonest. Fingers crossed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:19:17 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
Whew, that's good news. That has to be a load off your mind.

It seems like the problem is the console/controller doesn't reset itself properly after the update. I had that issue once with the Xbox and once with the PS3 after an update a year or 2 ago.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 11:20:08 PM PST
Nicos says:
Impossible. Why must you turn this forum into a house of lies?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  69
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions