Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Fact: PS3 fans are the worst

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 189 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 12:51:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2009 12:55:24 AM PDT
M. says:
I dont understand what that has to do with the original topic. Did you even read the original post? To answer your question Microsoft charges because they spend a lot of money making Live what it is. Sony makes the developers handle all the online stuff (servers, features, integration) instead of doing it themselves, while Microsoft has a set of guidelines as to what each game on Live must have. Hence the reason why PSN is nowhere near as good or integrated into the system.

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 12:54:06 AM PDT
I.Flores says:
>>M says:
Why would people that have free warranties buy another console? This is that false information thing I was talking about. >>

And this is the misinformation Xbots try to spread around. The 3-year warrany is JUST for RRoD related malfunctions. For the rest of them (plenty more to pick from) you only get one year. So if after 12 months your 360 craps for a non-RRoD related issue, you're screwed.
Now, M, please try to convince me that this doesn't happen too often, lol...
Also, there are plenty of countries that warranty claims are not as easy as calling MS customer service and ask for a coffin.
I forgot, A LOT of peope mod their 360s. Voiding their warrranty in the process. And MANY of those modded 360s get broken. So, what other option than to buy a brand new one to artificially pad MS's sales numbers?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 12:57:44 AM PDT
LtShinySides says:
It's cute how you love to extrapolate conclusions from innocuous statistics without any actual evidence. Don't feel too bad though, the Sony fanboys do the same thing. The fact that you actually took my post as a serious assertion just proves how lacking in logical thinking you are.

It's really quite amusing how you said the 54% failure rate was questionably derived and yet your CLEARLY well researched and documented statistics are absolute FACT.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 12:58:02 AM PDT
M. says:
Give me break I. Flores. The warranty covers RROD and E74 error. Are you really implying that 8 million people gat some other kind of malfunction with their 360 and ran out an bought a new one? Get real, dude.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 12:59:10 AM PDT
You are correct, I am off topic. But, I am just trying to figure out why you are so loyal to a behemoth of a corporation that won't spare their biggest fans $50 a month when we are in a recession, and they can walk away with over 10 billion dollars in revenue. I am stating that being a fanboy of either system, or getting pissed about other fanboys serves no purpose at all. And calling someone the worst of anything is just semantics.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 1:02:08 AM PDT
M. says:
"It's cute how you love to extrapolate conclusions from innocuous statistics without any actual evidence."

Its common sense, more PS3 fans on forums based on fact, more PS3 fans posting on the net. How can you argue with that logic? Are you insisting there are more 360 fans on the net, yet the forums have half as many people? That doesnt make any sense dude face it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 1:05:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2009 1:08:17 AM PDT
M. says:
"You are correct, I am off topic. But, I am just trying to figure out why you are so loyal to a behemoth of a corporation that won't spare their biggest fans $50 a month when we are in a recession, and they can walk away with over 10 billion dollars in revenue. I am stating that being a fanboy of either system, or getting pissed about other fanboys serves no purpose at all. And calling someone the worst of anything is just semantics."

Im not loyal to anybody, if I could come on these forums and talk games without people spouting false information I would be fine. I see the crap that goes on in these forums and it disgusts me so I speak up about it, plain and simple. And if you read the original post I am not the only one who feels this way. An un-biased gaming journalist is backing up my claims so stop pretending its nonsense, youre not fooling anybody but yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 1:11:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2009 1:16:10 AM PDT
If you aren't loyal to anyone does that mean that you own all of the systems or none of them?
BTW, you reviewed Agaraphobic Nosebleed and Suspiria, at least we can agree on music and movies.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 1:15:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2009 1:20:18 AM PDT
M. says:
I prefer the 360 over the PS3, yes. Loyal to MS? No. I go to the system with more games, better online, and least expensive no matter what name is on the box, like I have since I started gaming. Id have no problem leaving MS for another company that offered me those things, like any smart consumer/non-fanboy would.

Thats the only argument PS3 fans have. "You dont like the PS3 you must be a fanboy!", just like the journalist in the article said. Its redundant. Read the article.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 1:19:38 AM PDT
Crap I spelled agoraphobic wrong, thanks for keeping me preoccupied at work. It was a pretty good debate, neither of us called each other idiots as well. Proving there can be flame, but no war.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 1:21:37 AM PDT
M. says:
Oh you like Agorophobic and Suspiria? Well, youre cool with me then :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 1:33:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2009 2:02:30 AM PDT
My first real metal cd was Prowler in the yard, grindcore is my favorite subgenre. You live in Mass. so you get to see all the good concerts. The only good group to come out of the Nap recently is Demericous, and they were founded in Chicago. The ony real reason I chose Ps3 over the 360 is for the rpg's, hell I am probably getting a 360 so I can play Mass Effect 2. I feel like sometimes Microsoft leaves out the rpg fan in favor of the fps.

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 1:43:52 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 21, 2009 1:45:08 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 4:52:53 AM PDT
I'm ignoring like 90% of the people who posted in this thread. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 5:04:42 AM PDT
Hardy says:
Its pretty crazy that the people on here fighting, cursing and insulting each other over toys are actually out in the real world walking among us.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 6:00:35 AM PDT
M.
You know all the things that you call FMS and others, all the claims that you make about them, will welcome to that club.
There was no reason for you to post this long winded opinion and that is all that it is. I have never been to destructoid and never read this writer. I believe that he is entitiled to his opinion but it doesn't make him right.

The writer complains about a petition that totaled 12345 signatures, when there has been well over 20 million PS3s sold, the 12345 number is so miniscule as to be pathetic, and yet he sees this as an indicator of some sort?

I will not go point by point, I have a life. I don't care if anyone else buys the games that I like, as long as I get to play them, but the truth of the matter is, most of the people who have a PS3 are not angry because a game goes multiplat, they are angry when the game is significantly delayed, they are upset when the game is dumbed down because the developer made a deal to make the game exactly the same for both console.
I have no problem with the X-Box or the fans of that device and since I don't have one, I don't care what games they get to play. They sad, rambling, overblown, self important article is all opinion and if you can't place that in your Title then you are just as guilty as everyone that you take shots at because you are doing the same thing, postioning a powder keg, lighting the fuse, standing back and rubbing your hands together in glee at the anticipated explosion.

Not cool man, not cool.

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 6:30:39 AM PDT
Karpov555 says:
"You are correct, I am off topic. But, I am just trying to figure out why you are so loyal to a behemoth of a corporation that won't spare their biggest fans $50 a month when we are in a recession..."

It's not $50 a month...it's about $4 a month, sometimes cheaper. Whether we're in a recession or not, if you can't afford $4 a month, then you need to find another hobby.

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 6:33:34 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
The truth is, ALL fanboys are douches no matter what console they prefer. But I do have to mention, the Sony fanboys have been especially irritating these past few weeks. That really sucks because they're making Sony look bad in the process. Who here doesn't shudder when you see the printed name, "Killzone 2"...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 6:41:23 AM PDT
M. Says: Now looking at those numbers there is no denying there are more PS3 fans on every big videogame forum on the net. So why does a console that has the least amount of sales/fans have more fanboys then any other console? I think that answer is very clear- See original post.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Please tell me you're kidding, please, please, please.

People post from forum to forum, crossing over whenever they want for whatever reason they want, sometimes, to share info and other times just to be an arse. These numbers have no meaning at all. Why are you playing numbers and stiring the crap? Don't you actually have games to play?
While you were posting this junk on a Sunday afternoon, I was watching football, with my son and then playing the Uncharted 2 multiplayer demo (which is outstanding by the way).

As to your question, maybe the number of consoles sold, do equate to the number of people who play the games, i.e. more X-Box owners have multiple units than PS3 owners, Or more PS3 owners have access to the internet because some mommies and daddies won't let their x-box loving kids use the computer.

One last thing, why did you exclude Kotaku, N4G and 1up???

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 7:15:15 AM PDT
If they let those obnoxious brats pollute live, then they let them pollute the internet too, lol. That said, I'm jumping on the consensus that Fanboys are aggrivating regardless of console, but a particular breed of Sony people has been making posting especially bad the last few weeks. I'm with Garion.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 7:26:53 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 24, 2009 2:20:16 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 7:36:29 AM PDT
M. says: Its common sense, more PS3 fans on forums based on fact, more PS3 fans posting on the net. How can you argue with that logic? Are you insisting there are more 360 fans on the net, yet the forums have half as many people? That doesnt make any sense dude face it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

What's really sad, is you actually believe this rubbish.
Tell me friend, do any of the sites that you referenced, have a block on posting? Do they ask or force the posters to declare their loyalties before posting? Do they have the poster sign a legally binding document promising that they will only post about the console of that forum? or can anyone post anything, anywhere, much like you posting this anti Sony drivel here, huh?
As to the number of consoles, if you have not spoken to people or read that a number of people own more than one X-Box, to use when ther original unit breaks, then you must live under a rock. No, not 8 million of them, but a large number, and by the way, that 8 million unit difference, is that units sold or units shipped becaue the truth is you have no idea how Microsoft uses the numbers on the replacement units, do you?

You are just trying to stir crap up and looking for a little attention, no matter what anyone says and proves, you will only repeat the same thing, as if repeating it makes it so. Good luck to you.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 7:41:31 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 24, 2009 2:20:15 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 7:46:27 AM PDT
Fact: White Castle farts are the worst.

Most farts smell pretty bad, but MAN White Castle farts smell the worst. You've got your bean farts, your fruit farts, but then you've got WHITE CASTLE FARTS.

No, this isn't an allegory. I'm talking about farts!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 7:49:19 AM PDT
Their toadying and lickspittling isn't even acknowledged by the God they revere. How utterly miserable their lives must be.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. So True, So True.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  70
Total posts:  189
Initial post:  Sep 20, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions