Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Molyneux lays a logic bomb on Nintendo's forehead

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 267 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:17:02 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Jaffe only really had a lot to do with the first game, but it was a fun one. The other games were developed by other companies.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:17:06 AM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
Why are you even defending yourself against that statement?
This dude's acting as if Moleneux's his favorite uncle or something and we all gang-busted and insulted him.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:17:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 9:21:39 AM PST
Man, two ignores for me in the same thread? Not a great day.

Haha, downvotes give me power, nerds!

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:19:59 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
"Punk! - Some Random Internet Guy says:

[You are ignoring this customer's posts. Show post anyway.]"

Cool story bro.

Nah, just kidding. I had to copy an ignore message from Doug.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:20:38 AM PST
Your posts were filled with articles from IGN, from ''a night spent with the Wii U,'' to ''Pitchford says,'' trying to debunk Molyneux's opinion. A lot of other posts from you and others attacked Molyneux as someone who hasn't done anything great, so why listen to him? It was just his opinion.

I never saw where you said he made valid points, a lot of your posts are ridiculously long copy and paste jobs from articles trying to make your point. That's fine, I respect that you try to put a lot of thought into your posts, but I still think that trying to debunk someone's opinion is misguided.

''Deepest nerd snorts, and wheezing ridicule'' is just good writing, no matter how nintendshaded and jaded your sensitive gamer heart has become.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:21:17 AM PST
He ignores me cause I speak the truth HOW DARE ANYONE TALK BADLY NINTENDO When they make new character and stop with useless gimmicks let me know.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:24:13 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Jaffe is listed as the lead on GoWII. Twisted Metal as well.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:24:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 9:27:06 AM PST
Kr155 says:
Did anyone play his new game? I think its called "please keep trying" It's different, you just keep tapping this retry button over and over again. its for ios and android

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:25:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 9:27:40 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Creative director. Not the lead.

Edit: Actual director was Cory Barlog from SCE Santa Monica Studio. Thank you Wikipedia.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:31:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 9:32:42 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Fair enough. Though I still put him above Peter and John. GoW was far better than anything those two did, plus Twisted Metal (ps3) was good as well. Jaffe has at least made a difference in gaming within the last decade.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:32:46 AM PST
For Twisted Metal alone, I'd put Jaffe over Cliffy B. Cliffy's a one trick pony.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:37:55 AM PST
Here's my last response to you from last night which can be found page two of this thread:

"I don't think his complaints are valid though because he seems hung up on the whole "I have no idea where to look or why I should be looking here" instead of looking at the game design and how each specific game is making use of the controller. Even then why does a game have to make innovative use of the controller to be good? It seems like he's also missing many of the ideas and points behind the Wii-U and the Gamepad (hence my posting the above articles).

"What's going to incentivize me to move my eyes from the wall to my lap?"

Well with something like Colonial Marines the controller is your motion tracker so you're going to want to keep an eye on it so you know where enemies are coming from. In New Super Mario Bros. U you could be using the controller in place of the TV. ZombiU has you managing your inventory in real time so the controller displays what is in your backpack while on the TV you need to be aware of any zombies creeping up. You get my point; he's asking a broad question that individual games themselves will answer and again not every title is going to make use of the second screen like others. Heck in Assassin's Creed III sometimes the controller screen will give you a different view point for a cut scene or something like that.

I just don't really see any valid points in his thoughts and I think many of the "issues" about being lost between the two screens will be cleared up when you're playing in your own home with your setup instead of a hot crowded convention center where you only get a little bit of time with the device."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:46:20 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I just wouldn't put him up there with Miyamoto. They're simply not equal. As for the last decade, Fable was released in 2004 and it was good. The sequels just weren't as good. If we want someone to put up there on a pedestal with Miyamoto I suggest Sakaguchi or Tim Schafer.

Molyneux's problem, like Jaffe, is his mouth. Monlyneux overhypes his games and Jaffe vomits out whatever thought crosses his mind. Whether or not someone considers Jaffe is better than or equal to Molyneux is probably dependent upon how they feel about Twisted Metal, since that was he's worked on the most.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:57:25 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater.
Had a Milo game but couldn't keep'er.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:57:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 10:00:59 AM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
He's notorious for that. I'm mean anyone gaming long enough remembers the ridiculous hype for Fable II, then the frankly unrealistic promises of the months leading up to Fable III.

Jaffe just doesn't think before he speaks, so he ends up coming across as an idiot most of the time. Carmack did great things as well, but if you listen to him speak he makes it seem as if his games will cure cancer.
None of the above can be compared to Miyamoto as you said, but the best thing about him is he delivers his promises.

Secondly he doesn't talk up his games beyond what they are. And doesn't belittle the work of others as if he's the best thing since sliced bread. That's called humility, and a lot of industry professionals could take a lesson from it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 10:18:02 AM PST
I'm just asking when you dropped your Xbot fantasies about me.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 10:32:29 AM PST
So I see you guys gave this thread from last night some CPR.

Has Keller showed up already saying Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are the biggest rated exclusives this gen?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 10:34:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 10:34:56 AM PST
I dunno...Has Flores filled the room with sadness yet?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 10:36:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 10:38:06 AM PST
I look at sad clown paintings to cheer myself up.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 10:52:46 AM PST
Nah give it another page or two. Keller will remind us then.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 11:12:36 AM PST
Guess someone didn't want to discuss open minded ideas in a civil manner.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 11:57:53 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Go back to playing Smash Sony Bros and Super LBP Kart. What exclusives did the ps3 have this year? I keep forgetting since outside a 1 hour Journey, no 2012 ps3 exclusive has managed a Metacritic over 80. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:03:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 12:09:28 PM PST
Soulshine says:
Okami HD

EDIT - Damn it's 89 now. Cheat Code Central, you ruined it. It's RUUUUUNED.
Double EDIT - Oh I thought you said over 90. Not ruined.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:16:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 12:16:28 PM PST
Lucanus says:
Okami is on the Wii, not exclusive. Resolution doesn't make games exclusive, if that were the case everything on the PC would be exclusive. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:19:49 PM PST
It seemed like a bunch of stuff got moved to 2013. It's unfortunate since everyone here complains about having absolutely no backlog of games they could be playing and everyone is just twiddling their thumbs waiting for a new game to come out.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  267
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 13, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions