Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Official Guild Wars 2 VGF Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 678 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 12, 2012 6:11:19 AM PDT
So I looked up some recipes since I was kind of stuck. Apparently not being a good cook IRL translates into not know how to make recipes in GW2. I had plenty of ingredients for these, I just didn't know exactly what to combine.

Anyways, here's a list of the more interesting things I can do.

--Strawberries and Biscuits
Nourishment (30m): 10% Magic Find.
+10 Experience from kills.
Req. Lvl. 15

--Clam Cakes
Nourishment (30m): 10% Magic Find.
Req. Lvl. 25

--Veggie Burger
Nourishment (30m): +30 condition damage
Req. Lvl. 20

--Sage Stuffed Mushroom
Nourishment (30m): Gain +60 condition damage for 30 seconds when you kill a foe. (This effect does not stack)
Req. Lvl. 20

And my personal favorite:

--Grilled Portobello Mushroom
Nourishment (30m): +50 condition damage
+40 precision
Req. Lvl. 30

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 6:51:42 AM PDT
JadedGamer says:
Speaking of WvW, I was queued for 2hrs last night and got in just before it was time to log out. Not fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 7:07:13 AM PDT
Yup...

Our only option would be to designate WvWvW groups during non-peak hours or move to a low-pop server and lose all our influence upgrades.

Personally, I'd rather wait it out until people start slowing down on WvWvW.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 7:07:35 AM PDT
Oooooh Those portobello mushrooms are nice for a thief!

What mats do you need?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 8:14:38 AM PDT
So, 'Strawberries and Biscuits' and 'Clam Cakes' have the exact same buff so eating the higher level req'd makes no improvement I'm guessing. You would think that they would up the xp gain or something.

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 9:47:37 AM PDT
Is one of them +10 experience from kills and one +10% experience from kills? I've seen both on different foods.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 10:04:51 AM PDT
I agree it should be higher XP gain if the food is higher level. I think the only difference is the level requirement for using them, which is pretty silly when you consider that you'll start getting clams before you start getting strawberries.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 10:06:37 AM PDT
I need 2 portobello mushrooms, 1 jar of vegetable oil, and 1 pile of salt and pepper.

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 10:08:02 AM PDT
Mel says:
NERDS!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 10:02:17 AM PDT
JadedGamer says:
Completely agree with you. Would rather wait it out. I think the queues will slow down when all the "flavor of the month" tourists move on to Neverwinter or whatever MMO comes out next.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 5:00:49 AM PDT
Upgraded the guild to 100 slots since we hit 40 members last night. If you play with someone that isn't yet in a guild, ask them to join!

We're running our first +10% MF weekend this weekend and hopefully can continue each weekend in the future as well. It'll slow down progress on other upgrades, but oh well.

I'm also going to activate a +5% EXP gain buff tomorrow morning. Enjoy everyone!

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 5:14:50 AM PDT
Had just hit 20 last time I logged in(haven't had too much time to invest in any game for a while), but I'm hoping to run this weekend to get up higher. My level is outpacing my gear so I might have to hit the AH to see what they have. My armor and weapon smithing is grinding to a halt because I can't seem to find anything else to create in Discovery with the mats that I'm getting so I can't use that to outfit myself.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 5:41:15 AM PDT
If anyone needs jewelry I'm almost at 175. I can make some pretty nice gear up to level 40 or so right now.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 5:47:42 AM PDT
IPhantom says:
i think I'm going to spend my gaming time this weekend just working on crafting. I've been spending all my time just leveling and exploring, but I have a TON of mats saved up and it's about time to use them!

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 6:28:06 AM PDT
I think I got my thief to around 46 or so from crafting last night. I almost had the monthly achievement completed, but then this happened:

Picture 1: I was 1 jump away from climbing a tower with nothing to show for it but a rich silver vain and a nice screenshot opportunity. (no vista here folks, but it was crazy hard to get to just this point on the tower):
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=95907829

Picture 2: 3 seconds later:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=95907857

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 7:23:28 AM PDT
J. Niles says:
You can get some crazy XP crafting. My last big crafting binge took me from level 71-74. About 300k worth of XP. Now I need to farm for my next binge.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 9:09:23 AM PDT
Awesome.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 9:14:54 AM PDT
ozzman83 says:
I hope I have some time to play this weekend. My scehdule has been pretty crazy lately.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 9:20:35 AM PDT
For anyone who wants specifc food items for this weekend, let me know tonight. You can mail the materials to my Norn (name: Nattan Shuluh) and I will send the finished product back to you directly rather than through the guild bank.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 8:05:02 AM PDT
Last night I had like 74,600 XP out of 75,000 and I died while I was in what I thought was a safe area! Anyways, I'm gonna use a crafting booster to get XP. I'm almost able to make steel weapons.

Got some food recipes that significantly increase magic find while under the effects of a boon.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 5:13:15 PM PDT
JadedGamer says:
GL Nate! I almost had tier IV needed for the Experience Survivor monthly achievement (100k XP), died at 81.525k. So frustrating. I love it though...I am a willing glutton for that kind of punishment.

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 6:14:28 AM PDT
I hit 80k exp last night while doing some events and then realized it was far past my bedtime to continue playing.

When I sign in tonight will I need to start over for the 100k thing again? Maybe I'll go craft 20k worth of XP....

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2012 6:17:22 AM PDT
I think they fixed that, so you should be alright.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2012 6:18:59 AM PDT
I really hope so. The highest I was before this was in the 70's before I fell off that tower.

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 6:43:18 AM PDT
SMH says:
Does this game have a monthly subscription fee?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Zoe Quinn: 5 Things I Learned as the Internet's Most Hated Person (Also, it's a Cracked Article!) 80 8 seconds ago
Are Video Games Sexist? 13 15 seconds ago
Destiny PS4 VGF Clan 230 34 seconds ago
Destiny's Vault of Glass raid looks pretty awesome 19 46 seconds ago
Semi-OT: Former MLG Gears of War pro and gamer Danny "Phobos" Zeitz was shot and killed over a ps4 he sold on craigslist 11 1 minute ago
After only 1 week Destiny has been slashed in price to $30 at least at one US retailer. 62 1 minute ago
Final Fantasy Type-0 has a release date! Also comes with Final Fantasy XV demo. 5 3 minutes ago
Japan Sales 14 4 minutes ago
Wired Xbox One controller to be released 8 4 minutes ago
Unbiased Review of Horowitz. 25 5 minutes ago
Destiny sold-through more than $325 million worldwide in its first five days 3 7 minutes ago
Guy behind Leisure Suit Larry turns out to be a sex offender 13 7 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  678
Initial post:  Sep 4, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions