Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Marky Mark officially cast as lead in Transformers 4!?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 58 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2012 7:42:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 8:01:56 AM PST
http://michaelbay.com/

HOLLYWOOD, CA (November 8, 2012) - After an exceptionally successful collaboration on the upcoming "Pain and Gain," Michael Bay has cast Academy Award®-nominee Mark Wahlberg in the highly anticipated "TRANSFORMERS 4." The film will hit theaters June 27th, 2014."Mark is awesome. We had a blast working on "Pain and Gain" and I'm so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers' legacy," said Bay.Bay will direct the next installment in the "TRANSFORMERS" series, which begins shooting next spring. From Paramount Pictures, a division of Viacom, Inc., in association with Hasbro, the film will be produced by Don Murphy & Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce, and executive produced by Steven Spielberg, Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian.

Bay's first "TRANSFORMERS" film was a box office sensation in 2007, opening at #1 and earning more than $700 million worldwide. His second installment "TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN" in 2009 grossed more than $830 million worldwide. In 2011, "TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON" was an even bigger hit worldwide, grossing more than a billion dollars to become the 5th highest grossing film of all time. To date, the franchise has earned more than $2.6 billion worldwide.From acclaimed director Michael Bay comes "Pain and Gain," a new action comedy starring Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson and Anthony Mackie. Based on the unbelievable true story of three personal trainers in 1990s Miami who, in pursuit of the American Dream, get caught up in a criminal enterprise that goes horribly wrong. Ed Harris, Tony Shalhoub, Rob Corddry, Rebel Wilson, and Bar Paly also star. The film is based on magazine articles by Pete Collins, with a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely and produced by Donald DeLine, Michael Bay and Ian Bryce."PAIN AND GAIN" opens in theaters everywhere April 26th, 2013.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently, none of the old actors will be returning. I'm guessing Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will take the role of the military hero if Wahlberg is cast as the regular dude. I say this because Pain and Gain also starred The Rock.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:43:16 AM PST
FOGE says:
I'm just curious why you frequent the site, michaelbay.com ;)

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:47:04 AM PST
R. Typo says:
Say hello to your mother for me.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:50:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 8:08:22 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:51:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 7:52:11 AM PST
Lol! The secret is out!

But seriously! I use Twitter for all my media news and someone had re-twitted the news with Bay's official website link. It's the truth! Honest!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:56:44 AM PST
FOGE says:
Hahaha I had to give you hell for that one. I get redirected to sites all the time. I get it :)

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:05:36 AM PST
Punk! says:
Marky Mark >>>>>>>>>> The Beef

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:07:06 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Back when Mark Whalberg was Marky Mark
This is how we would make the party start

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:13:38 AM PST
Wonder if he'll have a rap battle with Soundwave. Marky Mark can drop the beats yo.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:16:31 AM PST
klopas says:
Forget Marky Mark, what about the funky bunch? When do they get their big break?

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:19:48 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Mark Wahlberg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shia LaDouche

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:31:08 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Mark has definitely gotten better with comedy. Seems like The Other Guys really broke him into the genre, and he is hilarious in Ted.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:36:14 AM PST
Dave says:
As an action star, no question.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:42:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 8:43:16 AM PST
Mark Wahlberg's acting has really surprised me ever since he starred in Rock Star . He was also really good in The Departed and The Fighter .

Pain and Gain sounds like an interesting film. I'm also curious to see what Michael Bay can do with a 20 million dollar budget as opposed to the 200 million dollar budget Transformers 3 had. I mean! How much stuff can you blow up with just 20 million dollars?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:45:51 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Rock Star was a commercial failure, but it is seriously one of my favorite movies.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:46:50 AM PST
R. Typo says:
You think you're the only guy with a gun?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:49:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 8:50:23 AM PST
It was? What a shame. I never saw it in theaters, but I got a glimpse of it on HBO one day and decided to rent it. Very pleasantly surprised. Seeing Timothy Olyphant with long hair was pretty weird.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:50:42 AM PST
"How much stuff can you blow up with just 20 million dollars?"

20 million can cast quite a number of extras who can be in the wrong place at the right time...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:55:56 AM PST
After an extra was left in vegetative state after a freak accident in Transformers 3, I'd suggest Mr. Bay to keep special effects around extras to a minimum O.o

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:56:22 AM PST
user22 says:
"An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers' legacy," said Bay.Bay will direct the next installment in the "TRANSFORMERS" series, which begins shooting next spring."

I chuckled at the end and the start of these sentences. It reads as Bay-Bay.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:04:38 AM PST
You would read it that way. That reminds of that terrible rap song. lOl

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:07:53 AM PST
I know I am low class, but I really like Marky Mark and the Rock as actors.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:20:10 AM PST
It does add some cool points to the franchise.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:40:11 AM PST
user22 says:
lol I wasn't thinking of any rap song, just a cutesy new nickname for Michael Bay a la Marky Mark.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:48:00 AM PST
Mikey Mike and the Bay Boyz?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x9d342444)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  58
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions