Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

You guys were right about those PS3 updates!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 82 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:54:01 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
yeah. Sorry. Capt in correct. Transfer. Still, I was pleased, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:54:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 9:55:08 AM PST
Mel says:
I PC gamed this weekend, but SR3 ran like butt. Bad console port.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:55:15 AM PST
Thank (Wii)U!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:54:45 AM PST
You're silly.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:53:42 AM PST
He's probably running it through his WiiU, which we all know is awful amirite?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:50:51 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
Troll! Troll!

What are you downloading over, AOL?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:10:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:10:41 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Bump that PC gaming to the back of the list, buddy. Remember, you gave up on PC gaming because integrated chips are ending the World. Have you burned your desktop in effigy yet?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:07:38 AM PST
Mel says:
PC gaming > 360 > PS3

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:28:38 AM PST
I liked flower more as well, even have the soundtrack.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 7:26:27 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
Ditto... it took me about 2 hours as well, but definitely worth the time ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:22:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 7:27:14 AM PST
I finished it, it wasn't 4 hours, not even close. If I recall correctly I'd say it took me less than 2 hours. It is a very short game, but looks amazing. It was like playing a work of art. Though I think Flower is better, at least IMHO. I'd give it a try, most love it. I wasn't taken by it but still enjoyed it. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:21:30 AM PST
I. Flores says:
I haven't played Journey yet. Is it really one hour long? I've read it's between 2-4 hours.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 7:20:43 AM PST
We all know that Nintendo has the best exclusives.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:18:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 7:21:31 AM PST
Oh sorry, yeah I forgot about that 1 hour game. Don't get me wrong it was a good game, but I wouldn't say a 1 hour game made 2012 a great exclusive ps3 year in terms of Metacritic. Look at it this way if you don't care Nintendo has the highest rated exclusives of the generation, why do you care if the ps3 has higher rated exclusives over the 360? Scores are lame and shouldn't be a pillar for a discussion, I believe my friend you are better than getting in such silly battles. Just because a game has excellent scores doesn't mean somebody has to like it, just like you and Strasse don't enjoy SMG. A console objectively having better exclusives is like the Unicorn, it doens't exsist. Gaming is subjective, not objective. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:15:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 7:27:25 AM PST
I. Flores says:
Journey?

And BTW, mel was referring to MGS4, which is the game I alluded to.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:14:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 7:15:37 AM PST
Must resist teasing Flores about Mario Galaxy.... must resist.

J/K, Flores. Seriously, nobody should care about scores. According to Metacritic the ps3 didn't have a single exclusive in 2012 that was rated above 80, but that didn't stop you from enjoying Star Hawk, Battle Royal, LBP Karting and a few others no did it? I wouldn't let Mel bother you. Focus on being postive. Happy holidays. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:12:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 7:14:07 AM PST
Yes... updates are a sin... and you only have to download them once, it's a pain...

But at least we get better graphics, better Hardware, free online play, don't have to deal with space points, and have a better community!

Though I admit the recent change to the PSN is awful. And whenever anyone says System Exclusives... I still prefer the PS3s. Ratchet and Clank + Little big Planet > Halo and gears of war ANY day for me.

EDIT: Also never have to deal with multiple discs.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:10:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 7:11:10 AM PST
I. Flores says:
Mediocre? You mean one that got "10s across the board" and it's higher rated than each and every 360 exclusive, ever?
That one?

And I rather be consumed by updates than have my console be consumed by fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:06:12 AM PST
JWK says:
@mayo-- That's good to hear, man. I don't own a Vita (yet) but I was a little worried about how downloads and installs would function on it, considering the time it takes on PS3. I have a similar story to yours. I bought GT5 XL Edition and I did a system update, software update/patch, and installed the game to the HDD. It took 2.5 hours and I'm not exaggerating in the least.

The PS3 is awesome as a system, but I think that's more due to Sony's exclusive games than it is with the actual architecture of the system. If the PS4 corrects this problem (seems likely), I think the PS4 could be great without having to say, "but those updates really suck," afterward.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:57:05 AM PST
Mel says:
welcome to being a sonymite, your days will be consumed by mediocre exclusives and updates.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 6:54:30 AM PST
I always say if your going to pay for an online service on a console... the PS+ is the best.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:54:28 AM PST
I might be on my Vita, I've been spending most of my time on the 360 and WiiU lately console-wise.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 6:50:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 6:52:17 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Well if you are logged onto the PSN on the Vita, friends will see you on their PS3 FL the same.

I think Plus has been a great value now with the Vita. I admittedly have been stockpiling, but not playing any of the PS3 Plus offerings. The backlog is too big on the shelves and if i didn't have them there i really was in no need to buy the ones offered on Plus. Still its nice to start up something different when in the mood. RE5 i will def revisit and there are some filler games like the fighters and All for One i can play with the kids.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:45:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 6:45:54 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I know people mock PS+, but honestly if I never get another decent game out of my year sub, I will think I got my monies worth.

Already got:
Uncharted: GA
Monster Blob
Gravity Rush
R&C: All4One
Quantum Conundrum
Little Big Planet 2
Outland

(RE5 would be another killer add but I've already played it.)

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 6:41:25 AM PST
John McClane says:
You could always buy PS+ and get "free" overnight updates.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  82
Initial post:  Dec 2, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions