Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amazon Gift Card Offer jrscwrld jrscwrld jrscwrld  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Learn more
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Official Guild Wars 2 VGF Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 526-550 of 678 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 11:18:35 AM PST
Oh gotcha. Well that's not really too bad then.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 11:21:12 AM PST
No, about 3.4 gold per stack right now.

I wasted 1,000 gems on those chests, though! Oh well. Gonna run some dungeons tonight to get some money.

I have a medium breath mask skin and a two medium shoulder skins for the Consortium chest if you want one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:47:01 AM PST
I'm down for some dungeon runs. I kind of want AC weapons cause they glow. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:52:14 AM PST
klopas says:
I did the jumpy puzzle, grabbed the chest, and then ran past the champ mob, grabbed the contents of the other chest and ran away. Wasn't anything great in the chest though.

I missed the last day of the events, so no 20-slot bag or exotics for me. I did the other two days events and got practically nothing for it. I'm a sad panda. At least I can finish the monthly now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:55:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 6:55:14 AM PST
Yup, with the exception of the final event the loot was pretty meh.

Although, I did get quite a few rares during the weekend. That guild buff helps a ton it seems.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 5:47:54 AM PST
klopas says:
Does this guild have many active members? I play with three friends from the real life realm on the Dragonbrand server. If you all are active, I might be able to get them to make the switch.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 5:48:37 AM PST
I wish. :(

I think there's only about 6-7 of us that play regularly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 5:58:07 AM PST
klopas says:
Right on. I still may suggest the switch. We're constantly having to pick up a 5th for instances, which can sometimes be a hassle.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 5:59:20 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Yous all could move to Tarnished Coast. I have two VERY active guilds I'm involved with there. :D We just held an RP event for my Asura guild. It was a technology expo. It was amazing.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 3:27:42 AM PST
The monthly achievement gave me 20 mystic coins, 10 jugs of karma, and quite a bit of silver.

This month isn't too difficult if you do a few hours of WvW and then run 7 fractals with a little Karka farming. If you boost your karma gain first, I think you can get around ~70,000 Karma from the achievement.

With my coins, I made my first level 80 unique weapon. I created the Mystic Crescent and I love the condition removal, especially in dungeons with lots of poison or burning!

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:35:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 7:35:56 AM PST
So, I hit 25 with my guardian and I noticed something interesting.

More than half of the time, other new players were also guardians. It seems the class is also a requirement for dungeon runs according to a lot of people. I couldn't get into a single group this weekend to run a dungeon without someone screaming, "where's the guardian?" and then leaving the group. Their condition removal is second to none, so I'm expecting A-net to issue a full nerf of the guardian or to buff condition removal for other classes. Almost every single skill I have can be turned into an AoE condition removal!

Especially when you factor in combos. The 4 - 2 or 4 - 5 skill combos both cause an AoE condition removal combo finisher. No wonder everyone wants a guardian. I can take on four or five enemies that are 3 levels above me right now and beat them all. This is something I couldn't do easily with my thief.

Fun class to play, but I think it's seriously overpowered in any dungeon run with condition damage (read, all of them). Not only do I remove everyone's conditions, I can have 2-3 AoE heals active as well. I understand why everyone requires one in a dungeon group.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:37:53 AM PST
Okay, that sounds like an amazing RP event.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:40:32 AM PST
Yeah, people have been crying OP on the Guardian since launch. I love mine.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:41:34 AM PST
I also discovered how combos work for the first time this weekend, hehe.

I can't believe I've ignored them for over 120 hours. Some of the special effects you can create are amazingly helpful!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:42:16 AM PST
Oh yeah. Combos can be wicked useful.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:44:13 AM PST
It feels like a whole new way to play the game when you're not only hitting certain skills to deal damage, heal, stun, etc, but also to create shields, cure/apply conditions and boons.

It certainly makes the combat and skill choices a lot more fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:46:04 AM PST
Yup. For the greatsword, I always put the symbol down then leap to my target, even if the target is right there. Retaliation FTW.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:47:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 7:49:33 AM PST
I'm going to revamp my thief skills a bit and see what I can come up with.

I usually throw down one of the fire fields for the AoE fire damage on a whirl finisher and the shield on leap.

I found out you gain stealth if you put down a shadow AoE and then leap through it. Good way to gain double stealth effects (health regen stacks and condition removal) when you're a melee thief.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:53:04 AM PST
I did a few crafting skills just to increase my level a bit since I was rushing through a lot of the content.

I see what you mean when you say cooking takes up all your bag space. Holy crap.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:58:41 AM PST
Yep. And then you'll need certain ingredients to complete recipes, but those ingredients are ONLY available via renown heart merchants in areas all over the world.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 8:04:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 8:05:16 AM PST
I think I got it around 100 and then gave up, hehe. I did find a ton of rare recipes (even low level ones) from merchants though for a range of crafting disciplines.

I created the guard for dungeon runs. I'm going to keep the thief mainly for WvW. Going to try to hit AC Story by this weekend if I can. Probably run a few more fractals too. I think I'm on 3 or 4.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 8:35:25 AM PST
I almost gave up on my mesmer last night. It was taking me 10-20 seconds to kill a same-level mob where my thief and guardian can do it in 3.

I respecced and tried different weapons and it seems to be helping a little, but waiting on conditions to deal the majority of my damage feels like an eternity on larger mobs sometimes.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 7:52:52 AM PST
SMH says:
Got my guardian up and running on Stormbluff Isle. I'm still getting the hang of the game but so far so good. I've been able to participate in a few events so far which have been cool. I need to do a little research about my character to get a better idea of what type of gear I should be looking for and what not though.

Any good addons out there that you guys are using?

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 5:15:13 AM PST
Had some time to kill before I got to the RL stuff today so I figured I'd jump on the game for a short while and work on getting my character closer to where he can go through the first instance(haven't ran a single one, but I haven't really been on for a good while either) only to be told that I had over 13000 files that needed to be downloaded. /sigh Now, this I remember from other MMO's. Oh well, it comes with the territory. Maybe that's the stick that they use to try to convince to not stay out of their game for so long.

Gonna try to get on some later this evening or tomorrow sometime.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 6:31:27 AM PST
You also chose to come in when the holiday stuff is going on, so that's a big part of the patches. But yeah, when I booted up TOR last month (after not playing since April) it took a while lol.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Super Mario Maker has sold 1 Million units around the world 19 8 seconds ago
Destiny PS4 VGF Clan v3.0 4634 2 minutes ago
Persona 4: Dancing All Night 79 7 minutes ago
Microsoft acquires Havok from Intel 102 8 minutes ago
How many of you are Legacy of Kain fans? (Silicon Knights/Crystal Dynamics) 10 17 minutes ago
I believe I am officially no longer a gamer... 58 25 minutes ago
Official VGF Super Mario Maker Discussion and Level Sharing Thread 420 27 minutes ago
P.A.M.E.L.A steam greenlight game looks like to it be pretty awesome. 3 32 minutes ago
Tony Hawk Metascore 40 34 minutes ago
I made T-Shirts for my games (and I suppose non-games)! 27 49 minutes ago
OT: Excel Expert Needed! 10 55 minutes ago
OT: Week 4 of the NFL Season. Starting QB's are dropping like flies while Brady, Rogers, and Palmer (yes Palmer) are lighting the NFL up. WHO YA GOT! 54 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  678
Initial post:  Sep 4, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions