Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

To keep my Wii U or not keep my Wii U...that is the question.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 216 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:40:17 AM PST
I never thought of naming my character in Mass Effect "German" before, I'm totally doing that now.

Also, I believe you on this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:41:46 AM PST
FOGE says:
I def agree with the education part of your statement. It amazes me how little people know about interest rates. I m a math guy so I cant understand the mentality of people paying upwards of 30% on credit card interest.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:43:37 AM PST
Ice King says:
I don't know about that. Someone was is paying a scalper $500 for a Wii U with a credit card was probably going to use that card at the store as well.
The only thing the scalpers are doing is increasing the amount of money being spent.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:45:45 AM PST
Only on the VGF could scalping a video game system be compared and contrasted with murderer & cannibalism.

Fustercluck accomplished!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:47:25 AM PST
Ice King says:
Even stranger, it's the scalper making that comparison.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:47:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:49:06 AM PST
That's is what I think it's worth ($250) if not $200. I paid full price btw

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:48:39 AM PST
That's what I'm saying. Instead of a bad $300 purchase, it's now a bad $500 purchase.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:48:47 AM PST
You flippers just need some patience. I'm willing to bet your chances of a decent profit will rise significantly as we near the 24th-25th.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:49:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 8:51:59 AM PST
Ice King says:
Not if Nintendo can keep up with demand. And that's their dilemma, do they cut their losses now and settle for a measly $10 - $20 for the valuable time it took them to click a few buttons before everyone else or do they wait in the hopes that maybe people will get desperate and they can make a $50 or even $75 profit if Nintendo can't deliver enough before Christmas?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:51:27 AM PST
D says:
You do have an influence with how a company treats it's livestock. If you buy cage free eggs you support the cage free process, for example. If you do not buy cage free eggs then you do not directly support it. I'm not saying you can have total oversight over the process but your choices as a consumer still matter. You might be only one person, but one person does make a difference. Every person who votes, or recycles, or becomes involved in civil service of some sort is only one person as well.

While PETA can be ridiculous, but they are the last group you want breathing down your company's neck. When it comes down to it their obnoxious practices are very effective. Animal activists would love you to stop eating meat, or at the least to buy meat that is range free or organic. People tend to want others to accept their worldview in place of their own, whether that be on politics, religion, or anything else. Humans are great marketers of ideas, the behavior is prevalent amongst most of us.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:51:29 AM PST
Soulshine says:
So this time around did Nintendo provide adequate supply or did they overestimate customer demand?

Maybe a little of both I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:53:56 AM PST
Eh, I don't really care. I've bought things and resoled them later. Last year I got Motorstorm Apocalypse for $5 and sold an extra copy for enough to cover a year subscription to gold. I also bought a power pack for $299 and sold it for over $450 on eBay during a manufacturing shortage. I don't have a problem with the OP trying to make some cash but it's risky with launch consoles.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:54:03 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
It did get a little out of hand there for a bit. haha

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:57:38 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:25 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:00:10 AM PST
I find the shampoo that says "Viciously tested on animals" and buy 76 of them, Extreme Couponing style.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:00:17 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
"I don't care about your, or you're, as your argument is still silly. (see what I did there?)" - Jack

He lost all credibility with me after he made this "gem" of a joke.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:01:12 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
"Animals were harmed in the making of this product"

haha

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:01:45 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:08:02 AM PST
It's almost like you trying to be funny...it just doesn't happen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:11:25 AM PST
FOGE says:
Agreed. Still holding onto my Wii U. Right now its a table for my VIta. It makes me feel like Im getting my moneysworth out of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:27:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 9:28:51 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Really? That is a bit harsh is it not? I mean it is at least as powerful as the ps3/360 and features a tablet controller. I agree it is overpriced, but calling it worth $200 is a bit crazy, IMHO. I personally think the system is $50 overpriced. No offense, but I think you are being a tad too fanboyish with calling the U overpriced by $150. Just my 2 cents. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:29:23 AM PST
I don't vote Or Recycle or get involved in civil services. I just don't' care, if I get the meat I want, and it tastes delicious I will get that meat again. And i'm not going to pay extra for it if I can get it cheap from Sams-Club as opposed to going locally and paying waaaay to much.

And the instant PETA Started attacking Nintendo for Pokemon, they lost the last tiny piece of credibility they had!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:30:45 AM PST
I don't see how they contradict each other.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:35:44 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:38:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 9:40:04 AM PST
Fanboyish? I purchased the Deluxe and have used it. you still have to spend $50+ for a good size HDD, It takes longer to download a 7.4gb game compared to the X360/PS3, It takes over 1hr just to install that same game..I mean really, 1 hr for an install? So other than the tablet what differentiates this system from the others that makes it better? Right, its Nintendo, I get that argument, dont necessarily agree with it, but I get it. Dont get me started on the Slow OS, Controllers, and the 1 licences/console rule for digital downloads and if you want to get into bad ports. Im not bashing it, just pointing out my reasons to why I believe its overpriced by $100-$150*, just my point of view.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  216
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions