Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Game of the Year Editions?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 49 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 18, 2012 8:41:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 9:32:26 PM PST
Wreckless says:
What do we think the chances are of any of these games getting a GotY/Complete Edition?

Dragon's Dogma

Borderlands 2

Sleeping Dogs

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Resident Evil 6

Skyrim

Assassin's Creed III

Anything I forgot that came out recently that might also?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 8:43:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 8:45:51 PM PST
Biohazard says:
Maybe RE6 Gold(?) most likely..Borderlands 2 will get one for sure with all the DLC as well, I'm not sure about the other games. I'm just really waiting for the Skyrim GOTY, should be 'epic' as the kids today say.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 8:44:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 8:44:48 PM PST
K Archer says:
KoA...most likely not, considering the devs are gone.

Not sure on Dragon's Dogma; I haven't played it yet, but has there been a lot of DLC? Same with Sleeping Dogs and RE6.

EDIT: And considering Morrowind and Oblivion had them...I'm 99.9999% sure Skyrim will too

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 8:46:42 PM PST
Wreckless says:
Sleeping Dogs has a ton of dlc, and Dragons Dogma has a bit, as well as an expansion on the way I believe.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 8:46:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 9:19:13 PM PST
I would say Borderlands 2 and Skyrim definitely will get Game of the Year editions.

Most big games will get some form of complete edition. Look at Saints Row The Third: The Full Package.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 9:17:04 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Dragon's Dogma doesn't have a single piece of DLC(hardmode and speedrun mode don't count), so there is really no need.

Borderlands 2 - Most Definately

Amalur - maybe not with the studio imploding and such - the DLC is on sale a lot, as well as the main game.

Skyrim - Most definately.

Sleeping Dogs - Who knows, not a ton of DLC out for it yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:25:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 9:28:27 PM PST
Wreckless says:
Dragons Dogma - on PSN there's 28 add-ons ranging from items and customization options to challenge packs and bonus quests. And I swear I read there's an expansion coming.

Sleeping Dogs - has 22 add-ons, including missions, outfits, weapons and cars, and skins.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:45:45 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Well maybe then, I was thinking more along the lines of actual expansions I guess.

Usually costume packs and such don't really make GOTY editions.

The majority of the DLC missions in DD and Sleeping Dogs atm are pretty much fetch quests IIRC.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:04:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 7:06:21 AM PST
JWK says:
Definitely not = KoA, Sleeping Dogs (as I understand it, SquareEnix has been surprised by the lack of sales of Sleeping Dogs. I don't expect a Complete edition, as such)

Maybe = Dragon's Dogma, Resident Evil 6, Assassin's Creed III (Closest AC has had to a retail "Complete" edition is the PS3's Ezio Trilogy and even that didn't pack in everything. But AC3 is their most successful launch of the series, so we could see a complete edition)

Definitely = Borderlands 2, Skyrim

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:38:17 AM PST
I think there should be a rule that in order to release a GOTY edition, the game needs to have actually won an award. Dead Island GOTY...what?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:38:20 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Dragon's Dogma-No

Borderlands 2-High Chance

Sleeping Dogs-No

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning-No

Resident Evil 6-High Chance

Skyrim-High Chance

Assassin's Creed III-Doubtful

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:39:03 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Maybe the rule could be to call it a GotY edition? Because this new trend of releasing the full game and all the DLC for one low price is pretty attractive to me.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:39:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 7:57:35 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Capcom loves reselling games so I think it's very likely we will eventually get some sort of "GOTY" or "Gold" edition for Dragon's Dogma.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:41:36 AM PST
I'm all for releasing a full game with all DLC at a low price, but if it didn't win any GOTY awards, they shouldn't be allowed to call it that. Call it complete, enhanced, whatever you want, just don't call it GOTY unless the game deserves it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:43:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 7:44:15 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I agree with that. It just sounded like you wanted only GotY recipients to release versions of games with all the DLC in tow. Of course, I'm sure they can find some rag out there to hand them a GotY award, like Dead Island did. DI had 1 single GotY award from some unheard of publication.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:44:45 AM PST
Sniper elite v2 is getting a goty edition.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:47:30 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
I'm beginning to hate the word epic.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:49:43 AM PST
shiftless says:
I don't really get why KoA couldn't get a "complete" edition released. Someone mentioned Saints Row earlier...THQ isn't doing well, and ALL of their stuff has been marked down a lot over the summer and fall, yet that "Full Package" edition came from out of nowhere. It doesn't seem unlikely that KoA could do the same thing with a complete edition next year at some point.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:52:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 8:57:18 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
KoA could get a complete edition I guess, I mean, doesn't that mostly fall to the publisher?

I don't really see the point though, KoA is dirt cheap right now, and I've seen the DLC on sale for $5 each a few times already.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:57:27 AM PST
Wreckless says:
Some people just want everything on disc.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:58:27 AM PST
Dragon's Dogma - Slim
Borderlands 2 - Count on it
Sleeping Dogs - Maybe
Amalur - Probably not
RE6 - This game surely isn't winning any GOTY awards, but you can bet there'll be a Capcom double-dip anyway.
Skyrim - Most definitely
Assassin's Creed III - No. At least they haven't done any before.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:59:32 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I've tried several times to play through KoA and keep on getting bored and quitting. It seems like a game that I would really enjoy but everything just feels so bland and generic.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:00:07 AM PST
That's precisely the impression I got from the demo.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:01:54 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I love when Donnie shows up out of nowhere to bash a game he didn't like for absolutely no reason.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:02:14 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
they are actually releasing AC3 overseas that has AC1-3 + Brotherhood and Revelations with all DLC for all the games.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  49
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions