Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dark Souls DLC thoughts (will contain spoilers)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 203 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 29, 2012 5:45:23 AM PDT
Stud Lee© says:
Some things I wished for after I completed it:

1. Another covenant. I realize it was in the past and that technically it was the Forest area, but maybe an Oolacile Covey would have been cool.
2. More NPCs with which to interact. Chester was ok, but really only served to hand over his top-hat when I killed him.
3. Some distant relative of Havel. After killing the dragon, I'd hoped the tower would be there near the cliff, but alas it wasn't.

Questions:

1. Who was the lady paying her respects at Artorias' headstone after the battle? Alvina in human form?
2. What is the best type of weapon to damage the Guardian? I tried lightning and fire, but neither seemed to do much against him. I only beat him after I summoned 2 helpers.
3. Just before you get to the elevator leading to the bonfire before the Chasm of the Abyss, what is that thing that attacks in the room with all the statues?

Overall, I was happy with the DLC. Some more trophies would've been nice, but that's just nitpicking. It certainly wasn't short on boss battles and I ended up getting 1 of the special tail-cut weapons (from the dragon). And I got Gough's GreatBow, but the damage seems really low so I doubt I'll use it in place of my +4 Darkmoon Bow.

I didn't try the arena area because I'm just not that into PvP.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 5:48:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2012 5:50:08 AM PDT
1. Who was the lady paying her respects at Artorias' headstone after the battle? Alvina in human form?
-She the one that drops all the Lords stuff? I have no idea. I think she was just part of Art's covenant or something.

2. I used physical. I think its resistant to fire and lightning.

3. A giant glob of body parts and stuff? No idea, but it was a PAIN to kill.

Gough's greatbow is fun to use, but you need the stats, arrows, and upgrades to use it well. It's slow, so not so good for PvP, but good at killing faraway enemies.

Who was the girl that drops to the floor after the Manus fight? I killed her, and when I returned to the starting area there was a pick up with 3 mushrooms. I wonder if she returns there if you don't kill her? No clue who it was.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 5:52:35 AM PDT
Stud Lee© says:
1. She asks for Artorias' soul, so I gave it to her. But then I killed her. She gives you the Gold and Silver blades. I just wondered who she was.

2. I also had a +10 Divine Halberd and my Faith is 40, but that didn't do much either. I may try using a Demons Great Machete on him, but he's so fast...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 5:54:26 AM PDT
Stud Lee© says:
I never saw anyone after the Manus fight. I just lit the bonfire and went back to the area where the dragon was. It must've been Elizabeth since she's the one in the Sanctuary with the mushrooms. Or perhaps it was Dusk?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 5:54:43 AM PDT
1. I think if you just kill her you get to keep the soul and get the weapons / armor.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 5:55:34 AM PDT
I summoned Sif and killed Manus, then some girl drops into the center of the room after he's killed. I never saw Elizabeth, so maybe it was her?

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 5:56:26 AM PDT
Stud Lee© says:
Side note: got Seeth's tail last night on my first try. Yeah!

I forgot to mention that I love the Gough carvings...it's fun using them when you summon someone who obviously doesn't have the DLC.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 5:58:11 AM PDT
Lol, when I first heard them I was thinking to myself... the heck is that noise?!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 5:58:20 AM PDT
Stud Lee© says:
You didn't see Elizabeth by the Sanctuary bonfire? She asks you if you are there to save Dusk again. She's a mushroom and she's standing by the wall. If you are at the bonfire facing the exit door to the bridge, she's 90 degrees to your left against the wall.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 5:59:29 AM PDT
Stud Lee© says:
I wondered how on earth the guy was saying 'Hello'...lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:03:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2012 6:04:21 AM PDT
Nope. Never saw her.

So then I wonder if Manus' death drops Dusk to the ground because you've saved her, then when she got the axe Elizabeth died in the sanctuary. The girl was wearing similar garb as Dusk.

If that's what I did... then F! Now I need to go absolve my character of sin again. Son of a... I feel bad about it now. I thought it was whoever turned into Manus was suffering, lol.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 6:18:28 AM PDT
Scratchy says:
The girl who drops after MAnus definitely sounds like dusk. I left her there and warped back to the sanctuary and elizabeth gave me 3 shrooms for rescuing her. This DLC is massive. I ran through almost every inch and still find more stuff everytime i go back. I definitely need to look up how to get the black homing soul mass, goughs great bow, and other goodies i seem to be missing.

I find that if your fighting the Guardian solo its best to lure him on those elevated areas so that when you swing hell just jump backwards into the wall and youll end up hitting him anyway. As far as weaknesses i couldn't tell. He seemed to take decent damage from pyro spells my first time around but he was a pita for my tank since he didnt stay still.

That black dragon is frigging horrible. I swear i get him to 40% and he always seems to hit me with that dragon's eye floaty move and i'm dodging like crazy trying not to get hit with his fire since i take like 1000x more damage when he puts the dragon eye on me. So far he is the most annoying boss i have fought in the dlc. Artorias was kind of cake if you got a good fire/lightning weapon that can stagger and you back him into a corner. Manus was annoying but once i learned his combo i just stayed away instead of allowing him to combo me on the damn ground.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:18:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2012 6:19:47 AM PDT
Sars says:
where you summon sif at. Im at menus on ng+ with my level 65 toon. Have a feeling he is going to be difficult. Have had some good pvp in the township though.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:21:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2012 6:23:03 AM PDT
Sars says:
after you kill the dragon you have to talk to the guy that shot the dragon down for you. you have to go to "talk" in his menu about 3 times and he will give you the bow.

for me the dlc was fun but it was a little bit to short. think i finished it in about 2 and a half to 3 hours my first play though

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:25:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2012 6:26:53 AM PDT
He's behind a hidden wall that Alvina's ghost leads you to prior to the Manus fight. You have to save Sif by killing the humanities around him and then he'll finally be able to escape. Artorias bound him within his own personal sanctuary using his shield before he was turned into a creature of the dark so that he could save his wolf friend. You then receive the Cleansing Greatshield as a reward and can summon Sif from the center of the Manus room.

The dark homing soul mass spell is given for trading Manus' soul to Snuggly.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:25:48 AM PDT
Then you can kill Gough for his armor. :D

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 6:27:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2012 6:28:03 AM PDT
Also, if you save and summon Sif to help you kill Manus before fighting him in present day, you get a new cutscene where Sif recognizes you for saving him prior to reluctantly starting the fight with you.

Kind of sad. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:29:38 AM PDT
Sars says:
does he help you out a lot. is he worth summoning

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:30:41 AM PDT
He lasted throughout the entire fight and often tanked Manus while I healed or swung away at his backside.

I solo'd Manus, so he was very helpful.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:30:46 AM PDT
Sars says:
I thought you had to kill sif before you enter the dlc, because you have to kill the 4 kings before you can enter sens fortress

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:32:55 AM PDT
Sars says:
ill check it out, some times its a pain to summon people at level 65 in NG+. To many times the people i summon get one shot killed 2 seconds into the fight

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:35:49 AM PDT
Scratchy says:
Thanks.. no wonder i never gotten it cause i can't beat that damn dragon lol.

Yeah the dudes that invade are extremely obnoxious in the DLC area ive noticed. I remember after summoning someone to help me with artorias the first time i couldnt even make it to the bonfire that was 30 ft away because i was getting invaded the second i got into the township. Another time some guy in the top hat and a glowing sword walked up to me dropped 3 hello stones.. first time i ever heard that so i was like wtf.. casted black homing soul mass, then he turned his back to me and dodged backwards real fast a couple times in a row that it looked like he was moonwalking. I just shook my head and let him hit me with the soul mass that way i could run around exploring without having to worry about any more invasions.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 6:37:30 AM PDT
Stud Lee© says:
You don't have to kill the 4 Kings to get to Sens Fortress. Nor do you have to kill Sif.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 6:40:13 AM PDT
Stud Lee© says:
You do have to kill Sif to get to the 4 Kings, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 6:40:27 AM PDT
Sars says:
yeah that dragon is a pain, I summoned 2 people to help me, I just sat back and healed them and used my crossbow when i had an oportunity. The ended up cutting off his tail for me to.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  203
Initial post:  Oct 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions