Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

PS3 Games Region

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 12, 2013 2:07:24 AM PDT
I. Sari says:
Just want to ask, if we buy PS3 games at Amazon, What region would it be? Because I prefer to collect the third region games.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 2:21:24 AM PDT
Prankster says:
What are third region games? The PS3 is region free and so are the games. You can buy a game from anywhere and it will still play on the PS3 which you can buy from any region as well. There might a few handful Japanese games which might be an exception to this though, I'm not sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 3:01:37 AM PDT
Most the games are earth (aka third) region however I've received Venus aka 2nd region before.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 3:08:41 AM PDT
It would be Region A/1, but as posted it doesn't matter for PS3 games since they aren't region locked.

Info page on regions:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3193231

Info page on video game regional lockouts:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_lockout

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 3:23:38 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
Sweet, because the Orange Box from the UK is cheaper than the one from the USA, so I'll get the UK one instead.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 4:59:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 5:01:07 AM PDT
I. Sari says:
No, I mean region 3 (Asia). Thanks anyway

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 5:01:44 AM PDT
Prankster says:
I don't think it makes an difference as such when it comes to the PS3. You probably won't get Asia region games here if that makes a difference to you though. In any case, I think the only thing that differs in this aspect is the cover art along with some parts of the game which the censor boards in the respective countries deem unacceptable.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 5:42:02 AM PDT
If you are ordering from this Amazon, you will be getting the NTSC (North America) version of games unless otherwise specified. Asian versions are sold sometimes as well, but people tend to mark the price up considerably. You can try using Amazon Japan, they might carry the Asian region games in addition to the Japanese region games.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 5:45:15 AM PDT
I. Sari says:
Yeah, because the DLCs are region-locked, That's why I Asked this Question. Thanks :D
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions