Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

My BO2 Review...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 67 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 15, 2012 12:39:06 AM PST
vishock says:
Anyone with a 360 experiencing console freezes like the ps3 version?

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:33:55 AM PST
Nicos says:
Can you play Zork II: The Wizard of Frobozz in this one?

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:05:46 AM PST
this game is actually fun....a bit different from BF3 but i like the change of pace, also those campers need to chill out

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:25:42 AM PST
IPhantom says:
I can't get into BO2 after playing Halo for the last week. I played a few mp matches last night, and the campers alone are enough to make me not want to go back. I'll probably give it another shot in a couple of weeks, once some halo fatigue sets in, but my first impression was not positive.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:28:07 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
So becuase you suck at vehicles, you moved B3 lower???

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:40:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 5:54:55 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Wow, I am loving the MP. Definitely better than MW2, Black Ops, and MW3. Completely kills MW3's MP.

It's amazingly smooth, weapons are great, the new killstreaks freaking rock, and I like what they did with the <10 item assigning and perks. You can completely customize everything, which is awesome.

The maps are GREAT, besides 1, which was a disaster of a map imo (the one in the jungle; secret base). My favorite map is probably Yemen or the Train Station map. I am completely surprised that they didn't end up with crappy at least a 50/50 ratio with crappy maps. All of the maps had good height, variance, and even spawns.

And my first game I went 22-10, second game 21-7, third game 19-5, you get the picture. lol ;)

Also a side note, on a wired internet connection with normal speeds, I downloaded the patch and extra texture pack in a matter of about 8 minutes on the PS3. So no one complain about waiting for an hour; your internet just sucks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:45:06 AM PST
You must have been playing some really crappy noobs...

Just kidding ;) Glad it plays well. I'll have my copy this afternoon.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:45:48 AM PST
klopas says:
CoD9 is the best thing to happen to CoD since CoD.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:47:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 5:48:30 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Yeah, I am actually liking it just as much as I did COD4. They really nailed it on a few areas. But seriously, the Air Drone you get when you hit 7/8 kills (or points, killstreaks are by points now?), it's amazing. It's like flying a mini helicopter with a 50 cal MG on it... It scans the area for you (which looks cool on screen) and spots the people with red circles... It's tiny so you can control it to go into buildings and what not - I was having fun with it yesterday.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:47:12 AM PST
Which video game will make me feel most like a soldier?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:47:50 AM PST
Arma.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:48:16 AM PST
Great news. I can't wait to get the crap kicked out of me by every other opponent I face.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:50:00 AM PST
SMH says:
I cracked and bought BO2. I'm the only one of my entire circle of friends that plays BF and converting them has been unsuccessful. I wanted to be able to jump in some games with them so I said F it and picked up CoD. So far I'm enjoying some of it, hating some of it as well. I guess that's to be expected.

I find the map design/size lacking. Each map has a few bottleneck spots that make camping extremely easy. You can run through and know there are about 3 places where you're guaranteed to run into people. Of course, that makes placing a sentry gun, guardian, etc., in one of those places a no brainer and you can rack up kills quickly.

Also, I don't like how small the teams are. We know that other games can handle up to at least 24 people, so why does CoD cap at 12, or 18 in one game type? For as fast paced as the action is, I've been able to run around for 2-3 minutes without seeing anyone at times (not on the extremely small levels).

As JJ pointed out, the customization is cool. The leveling/unlocking system is a good balance of earning rewards while not feeling like grinding.

Overall, I'll probably stick with this for a month or two until I get bored and then head for something else. It will be fun while it lasts.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:53:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 5:53:51 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
"As JJ pointed out, the customization is cool. The leveling/unlocking system is a good balance of earning rewards while not feeling like grinding."

Exactly, you can spend your tokens when you please but you CANNOT overload your character - they limit everything to 10 items. Which I LOVE.

"I find the map design/size lacking. Each map has a few bottleneck spots that make camping extremely easy." and "so why does CoD cap at 12"

You just answered your own question ;). There are a few bottleneck positions, but there are A LOT of different ways to get around them. I call those bottleneck positions 'major' points. But I was wondering the same thing, all hardcore game types are <12 players...I thought they did 16?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:54:47 AM PST
SMH says:
Do you know if you can earn enough tokens to unlock everything? I've been spending very slowly because I don't want to all of a sudden find out there aren't any more and I've used them to unlock stupid things I don't really want.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:56:02 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Well all unlocks are associated by level. So you can only use your tokens by which things you have unlocked by level. My advice is to SAVE your tokens and invest in 1 gun until you have a bunch of tokens and a higher level.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:20:22 AM PST
Touché.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:58:44 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
I was actually having a ball with the sentry gun in this version... a manually controlled sentry, well placed, with a bunch of players that loved coming back for more... good times :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:08:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 7:09:01 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Haven't tried it yet, I like how it can be automatic or you can manually control it. I like the firebombs from the jet; pretty sick.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:16:52 AM PST
JadedGamer says:
I'm loving BO2. It has its MP maps I love (Yemen) and hate (the cruise ship), but the SP campaign story is amazing thus far. I really like Woods and Mason from the first BO (over Soap and Price from MW) and to see the story continue is freaking awesome. I've yet to finish the SP though. I like to take my time and sprinkle in Zombies and MP rounds. This release has convinced me that Treyarch has surpassed IW in terms of production for now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:18:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 7:18:38 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
"This release has convinced me that Treyarch has surpassed IW in terms of production for now."

I agree, especially since IW is not what it used to be.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:20:31 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
anybody play the nuketown games? i played a few matches in that game mode, and they were fun. its the same ol nuketown, just more futuristic.

for those who have played domination, is it two rounds on every map now? i only played it on nuketown, and there were two rounds

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:37:11 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Not yet!

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:38:01 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Supposedly they are taking suggestions on game-types from users. They are going to add some more game types via patch, I have no idea on a time frame. But a lot of people are saying hardcore headquarters, hopefully that comes true.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:58:21 AM PST
Treyarch is normally much more responsive to to the gamers wants...most likely one of the reasons Black Ops and Black Ops 2 has been more favorably received then the last two IW games....
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  67
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions